MacBeth (Fassbender, Cotillard)

I haven't seen any of her French language stuff, if that's what you mean. I saw her two roles in the Nolan flicks for the most part.
Never, ever, judge an actress based on a Christopher Nolan film.

StudioCanal and Film4 announced today the start of principal photography on See-Saw Films’ production of Macbeth. The film will shoot for seven weeks in Scotland and England.

MACBETH is directed by Justin Kurzel (Snowtown) and stars Academy-Award® nominee Michael Fassbender (12 Years a Slave) and Academy-Award® winner Marion Cotillard (La Vie En Rose). The film also stars Paddy Considine (The Bourne Ultimatum), David Thewlis (the Harry Potter series), Sean Harris (Prometheus), Jack Reynor (What Richard Did) and Elizabeth Debicki (The Great Gatsby). :hubba
http://blog.film4.com/macbeth-starts-filming/

HOLLYWOOD star Marion Cotillard is to play Lady Macbeth with a French accent because she feared she would put a curse on the film by failing to master a Scottish one.

A source says: “Marion worked with a voice coach to learn the accent but it drove her crazy and she feared she would ruin the film.”
http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/45...-up-trying-to-master-Scots-brogue-for-Macbeth

Set photos:
tumblr_n0ndn3WApp1r92slwo2_500.png

tumblr_n0ndn3WApp1r92slwo5_500.png

tumblr_n0ndn3WApp1r92slwo6_500.png

tumblr_n0ndn3WApp1r92slwo4_500.png

tumblr_n0ndn3WApp1r92slwo1_500.png

tumblr_n0ndn3WApp1r92slwo3_500.png

I'd rather Cotillard just use her own accent instead of concentrating more on doing a Scottish one than on her actual performance, which is more important any day of the week than what accent someone's doing, IMO.

There were performances ruined by bad accents (like Halle Berry's Storm accent in X-Men).

Yes, this can't come out soon enough. Fassbender and Cotillard as Macbeth and Lady Macbeth is GENIUS.

When it's Shakespeare, it doesn't count as a remake. Not even the most cynical nerd would hold that label against one of these movies.

When it's Shakespeare, it doesn't count as a remake. Not even the most cynical nerd would hold that label against one of these movies.

I was joking, but I think what you're saying is only true because we're not glutted with Shakespeare movies.

I didn't even know they had filmed. Looking good. :)

That second shot of Fassbender is intense! :wow:

Macbeth 2015-When Magneto met Talia al Ghul.

So it's not a "modern" version set in 1950's Wisconsin or something?In that case,I'm all for it. :woot:

Is Michael Fassbender doing a Scottish accent because Irish and Scottish actors are usually terrible at doing each others accents? They seem to cancel each other out.

Be interesting to see if Fassbender can pull it off.

This looks fantastic. I loved Suntown.

Macbeth is one of my favorite Bard plays, alongside A Midsummer Night's Dream and Merchant of Venice. Fassbender and Cotillard are inspired choices, and Cotillard is preferable to Natalie Portman.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"