Mad Max: Furiosa Spinoff

Are they still developing a 5th Mad Max or just the Furiosa movie? Cause it may be time for Furiosa to get her own thread.

It seems like the 5th one evolved to just the Furiosa spinoff?

It seems like the 5th one evolved to just the Furiosa spinoff?

I think we should retitle the thread then. We can always make a new Mad Max 5 thread if it ever gets made.

So I'm a bit confused: even though she was introduced in Mad Max, Miller can make a Furiosa prequel movie. But WB isn't letting him make a Mad Max 5 proper?

I mean that's a good cast, so I'm a little excited even though I'm not huge on movie prequels usually.

I think we should retitle the thread then. We can always make a new Mad Max 5 thread if it ever gets made.

Works for me! I actually merged the two threads but yeah the Furiosa spin-off is a better title.

George Miller
Mad Max
Chris Hemsworth

200.gif

I freaking loved Mad Max: Fury Road. It's one of my favorite movies of all time.
George Miller is an absolute genius.

I'm willing to bet that Chris Hemsworth plays a younger version of Immortan Joe.
100% convinced of it.

aST7XrRlVgFPeJOf8uMb32wROq5TmeNu31DfujY9OCsClSgUZ6G9E4mCyCamJaIpKcxC6MfMCpT0mneRldFrcDcNifLkm2_I9XeC-sMwjSow7R8f9aCIs38mYgzn_n8B3FUr334EvYFTw4geUgenY_Qi=s0-d

Given how this series has evolved from where it began, I’m very curious to see what vibe this film will have. You can bet it won’t just be Fury Road with a different cast.

To me this also tells me Miller doesn't want to work with Hardy again. I don't imagine WB tellin' him he can't make Mad MAx, but instead make a prequel, nah, this was his choice. I also feel like Hemsworth would make a good Max, but agree with someone else on here who speculates he is playing Immortan Joe.

To me this also tells me Miller doesn't want to work with Hardy again. I don't imagine WB tellin' him he can't make Mad MAx, but instead make a prequel, nah, this was his choice. I also feel like Hemsworth would make a good Max, but agree with someone else on here who speculates he is playing Immortan Joe.
I mean, it’s certainly possible, but he’s making a Furiosa movie without his Furiosa, so I think we could probably apply that same logic to Theron.

I mean, it’s certainly possible, but he’s making a Furiosa movie without his Furiosa, so I think we could probably apply that same logic to Theron.

I told you not to disagree with me in public.

This is almost gonna have to be lower budget than Fury Road, right?

Can’t wait! I hope she’s invested in sunscreen because she’s going to need it

True, but recasting a different actress as a young Furiosa is probably easier than recasting Max for no other reason than Hardy was difficult. He signed for sequels. Theron didn’t. This avoids any kind of legal gymnastics/payoffs with Hardy’s contract.

But yes, from pretty much everyone involved, it does not seem like Miller enjoyed working with either of his leads.

I don't much care about this movie right now given the concept, but this is Miller so he's certainly earned the benefit of the doubt. It could be very cool, so I'll keep an open mind. I'd just rather see another Max movie. I can do without Hardy though. I wouldn't mind another recast.

But yes, from pretty much everyone involved, it does not seem like Miller enjoyed working with either of his leads.

He didn't get along with Theron either?

I don't think it's true in case of Theron. Miller said the reason he's recasting her character is because digital de-aging technology isn't there yet (or too costly).

They all fought. But in Hollywood, that doesn’t mean you won’t work together again. Sounds like they were all stressed, and it’s water under the bridge.

Tensions could run high on the set, where the principal cast was crammed into one vehicle for most of the blockbuster-length shoot.

THERON The biggest thing that was driving that entire production was fear. I was incredibly scared, because I’d never done anything like it. I think the hardest thing between me and George is that he had the movie in his head and I was so desperate to understand it.

KRAVITZ Tom really had moments of frustration, of anger. Charlize did, too, but I feel like he’s the one who really took it out on George the most, and that was a bummer to see. But you know, in some ways, you also can’t blame him, because a lot was being asked of these actors and there were a lot of unanswered questions.

THERON In retrospect, I didn’t have enough empathy to really, truly understand what he must have felt like to step into Mel Gibson’s shoes. That is frightening! And I think because of my own fear, we were putting up walls to protect ourselves instead of saying to each other, “This is scary for you, and it’s scary for me, too. Let’s be nice to each other.” In a weird way, we were functioning like our characters: Everything was about survival.

HARDY I would agree. I think in hindsight, I was in over my head in many ways. The pressure on both of us was overwhelming at times. What she needed was a better, perhaps more experienced, partner in me. That’s something that can’t be faked. I’d like to think that now that I’m older and uglier, I could rise to that occasion.

‘Mad Max: Fury Road’: The Oral History of a Modern Action Classic

Love Anya Taylor-Joy and Yahya Abdul-Mateen II so even though the concept in itself isn’t all that attractive to me, I’m here for them and Miller :up:. I just think Furiosa’s backstory, motivations, and arc were handled so well in Fury Road that a full blown prequel feels kinda unnecessary. But maybe there’s more to tell.

I think this spinoff/prequel around Furiosa could work really well because it's George Miller and his Mad Max world is so broad, unexpected and exciting. There's so much to be explored about Furiosa's earlier journey in this world.

In Mad Max: Fury Road, Furiosa has already been held captive for 20 years... At the time of Fury Road Charlize Theron was 40 while Anna Taylor Joe is 24 so i'm guessing the story will explore Furiosa's earlier life, pre and post kidnapping, how she lost her arm and eventually rose to become one of Immortan Joe's imperators. There's a lot of content there to be explored specially when you factor how this world must have been so different 20 years prior to the events of Fury Road, and how characters like Immortan Joe where like, how he rose to power...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"