Mad Max: Furiosa Spinoff

Was the Green Place a thing in Fury Road?

He looks like a Thor reject. :funny:
With Volstagg's beard, no less.

volstagg_com_crd_01.jpg

Wonder who will play the younger Immortan Joe?

Loving these pics! It's surreal that this is happening haha. Looks like they put a ton of makeup on Hemsworth too, aside from the beard.

Oh god if he’s got red hair they’re definitely going to call him Blue

I don’t think Tom Burke is young Immortan Joe unless Yahya Abdull Mateen II was also playing Immortan Joe.

Oh interesting so she’s already missing her arm

‘Furiosa’: George Miller Casts Bullied Child Who Went Viral In ‘Mad Max’ Prequel

Leave it to filmmaker George Miller to constantly surprise us with some life-changing decision. This time, the Australian director revealed he’s specifically changing (once again) the life of Quaden Bayles, a young boy who went viral for a devastating reason: back in 2020, the child was pushed to his limit after suffering constant bullying at his school, and broke down in tears as his mother filmed him while begging for help. The episode moved Australians to demand a better school environment for its kids, and several celebrities reached out to Quaden, including Miller.

Quaden, who was born with achondroplasia (the most common form of dwarfism), received an invitation from Miller to appear in Three Thousand Years of Longing, a drama with Idris Elba and Tilda Swinton which premieres this Friday. In an interview with The Sydney Morning Herald, however, the director revealed that the dream is only beginning. He thought Quayden was so good on camera that they’ll work together again: the 11-year boy landed a small role in the Mad Max: Fury Road prequel, Furiosa. “It was good for us and it was good for him,” the director stated.

Huge amount of extras.

Mad Max Prequel Movie Furiosa Was Written Before Fury Road Was Shot

"When we wrote Mad Max, the task was to tell a story that was always on the run and to see how much the audience could pick up in passing. That was one of the tricks of Mad Max: Fury Road, that there would be references to things of where she’s from, why they’re doing things, but it was always on the run. There were very few moments of quiet. We never explained how she lost her arm. We never explain what the actual Green Place Of Many Mothers was.

"We never explained the workings of the Citadel. So we had the screenplay virtually complete before we shot Fury Road, and we did it because it arose out of wanting to explain to everybody who Furiosa was—to Charlize when she took on the role, and to all the actors and the designers and everybody else working on the Citadel and so on. The feeling was, gee, this is a pretty good screenplay, and then I kept saying to myself, 'if Fury Road works, I’d really like to tell this story.'

I'm very excited for this. To the moon! But! I still feel a bit lost not seeing Hardy's Max again with Miller directing. Seems like that road dried up long ago. The Wasteland was such a badass title for the next one. Eh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"