MadMaximus' Art Thread

I've been with the jewelry one since October, and I actually recently this month got hired by the design one.

Now with the design one on my plate, I make roughly 2000-2250 a month, but that's just an estimate not including taxes (yay taxes!).

rub it in, why don't ya

not only are u an awesome artist, but you make like a 1000+ more than me every month.

but it's ok, u still rock.

lol, I'm not trying to rub it in, by economic standards, I'm still in that lower/lower-middle class range.

I'm glad I clicked on this thread again. I had origainlly checked it out around the Robo-tech stuff and, well, my socks were still on.

Then I started from the beginning and WOW, you've got it man. Roll with it and keep sending out those portfolios.

You talk about patience, that's what is needed. Keep at 'em.

Well, thanks Juggertha. My time will come when some comic book company "discovers" me.

Well, since I don't really get to post much stuff, here's a sketch I did earlier today based off of a band member from the Soho Dolls.

anadoll.jpg

i've never heard of the band, but that looks cool.

good job maximus! did u draw it from a pic or her posing, or all from your head?

i'm glad you finally updated.

MadMaximus said:
A girl I dig. SHe almost cried, so I assume she liked it, lol.

Jennnetsafe.jpg

Nice work as usual . . . maybe you can even get some tail out of it if you play your cards right :D

ComicChick04 said:
good job maximus! did u draw it from a pic or her posing, or all from your head?

i'm glad you finally updated.

A picture she took of herself. She was very surprised by the drawing, lol. Not that I can draw, but she claimed that she couldn't believe someone would take the time out just to draw her.

WOW to your page 1 work.

Have you been published?

Technically, yes, but I had to water down my style for this company. It's not even in comic books or anything like that. It was a for some brochures for a jewelry company.

MadMaximus said:
A picture she took of herself. She was very surprised by the drawing, lol. Not that I can draw, but she claimed that she couldn't believe someone would take the time out just to draw her.

since you dig her, that must've scored you some brownie points right? if i guy drew me, he would gain a ton

MadMaximus said:
A girl I dig. SHe almost cried, so I assume she liked it, lol.

Jennnetsafe.jpg

She probably almost cried because you drew her eye melting off her face:p

Really though man, I love your art. This drawing would be great if it wasn't for the wandering eye deely.

MadMaximus said:
Technically, yes, but I had to water down my style for this company. It's not even in comic books or anything like that. It was a for some brochures for a jewelry company.

What kind of work did you have to do for that?

Do you work from scratch or reference?

Wandering eye deely? Are you refering to the left eye that I just plum forgot to fill in where it's hidden by her hair, lol? Because everything was lined up with the picture as far as her proportions go. I just failed to fill in her left iris and now I see how it looks odd, but that was covered with hair anyway.

Iceman/Psylocke said:
What kind of work did you have to do for that?

Do you work from scratch or reference?

What do you mean by that question? The stuff I do for that company is very simplified almost Bruce Timm/Shane Glines style compaired to what I normally do. I hope that answers, lol.

It depends on what I'm working on. Usually, I'll have some sort of reference photo to work from, like on the past two sketches I posted (which are apparently getting critiqued dispite the fact they're nothing more than sketches done in a half hour's time). On the Robotech image, I used some references from the actual show to get the tech down, but for the most part it was out of my memory. It really just vaires on the subject.

ComicChick04 said:
since you dig her, that must've scored you some brownie points right? if i guy drew me, he would gain a ton

I don't know really, according to her friends, I have. She's posting it up in her own blogs now actually. So I can only believe that it did score some points in my direction.

MadMaximus said:
I don't know really, according to her friends, I have. She's posting it up in her own blogs now actually. So I can only believe that it did score some points in my direction.

good luck with that. kinda reminds me of napoleon dynamite when he draws the portrait of the girl, only yours is really good, and i doubt you look like him.

if she'd let you, maybe you can post the real pic to compare with, and to see if the eye thing is a big deal, cuz i think it looks fine

MadMaximus said:
It depends on what I'm working on. Usually, I'll have some sort of reference photo to work from, like on the past two sketches I posted (which are apparently getting critiqued dispite the fact they're nothing more than sketches done in a half hour's time). On the Robotech image, I used some references from the actual show to get the tech down, but for the most part it was out of my memory. It really just vaires on the subject.

I love your style. I prefer it to the work of some pencillers/inkers on my favourite titles. If you can maintain the quality of panels like the Wolverine sequence (page 1) and complete that kind of work quickly and on demand, I don't see why you can't work on comic books (my unqualified opinion).

I like her pic, it's just fine and she's cute too. Luv the myspace background of the wolf....very cool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"