Madonna biopic 'Blond Ambition'

Sawyer

Definitely Not 40
Reaction score
No formal greenlight or even a director on board, but the script nabbed the top spot on these past Black List rankings, so you never know what could be coming down the pike.

http://deadline.com/2016/12/2016-black-list-2016-scripts-rankings-list-1201868979/
BLOND AMBITION
Elyse Hollander
In 1980s New York, Madonna struggles to get her first album released while navigating fame, romance, and a music industry that views women as disposal.
AGENCY: WME
AGENTS: Tanya Cohen, Simon Faber
MANAGEMENT: Bellvue Productions
MANAGER: John Zaozirny
PRODUCERS: RatPac Entertainment, Michael De Luca Producutions, Bellvue Productions

Casting suggestions?

The first person that says Jennifer Lawrence, I swear to God...

I have no idea. If they're going for similar looks it could be anybody.

J-Law could pass for her circa 1983 though with the right makeup.

If we want someone Italian, I don't even know who that would be in that age group. Otherwise...I don't know, Zoey Deutch would probably work.

You need someone who can sing. Jen definitely can't. She can barely speak without giggling.

If they're looking for someone to play present-day Madonna, they can always use one of the velociraptors from Jurassic World. :o

Just get an unknown. I think that's the best way to go about bio pic.

Miley Cyrus could play her, she's been doing it for a while. :oldrazz:

Blond is male, and Blonde is female, as if that isn't unnecessarily complicated.

51zngG1zu9L.jpg

The poster should just be one of her album covers from then with the actress in the exact same pose.

I really feel like they're gonna give this to JLaw. From a looks standpoint with the right makeup she could pass for her very well, but if they wanna go a little more less obvious I don't know.

You know, just the other day I was wondering who would play Madonna in a movie? I was going to post something in the "casting real life people" thread

Considering the period the synopsis suggests, I'd say the actress playing her should be in the 20-25 range.

Shame this didn't happen when Kate Winslet was young. She was spot on.

Of the current ones...I'd go with Keira Knightley.

I just read the script.

Ugh, this is trashy and not very good at all. I don't know, a good director might do wonders with this material, but the script is meh. It honestly feels like a Lifetime movie. Some very cliche stuff and the dialogue is a lot of cheese, even for the 80s. lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"