Mageina Tovah aka 'The Chocolate Cake Girl' Is Back!

Discussion in 'Spider-Man 1, 2 & 3' started by Retroman, Jan 25, 2006.

1. Destroyah Registered

i thought Peter went after MJ in SM 2 when he found out she was seeing someone and that made him feel like "damn it. Im gonna lose her, maybe forever, to someone else" so Peter tryed his best to get her back into his life and be his. you know. jealously

2. Cmill216 Senior Case Officer

Doc Ock was robbing a bank and threw a freakin' vault door nearly killing Peter and May. Peter is Spider-Man. So he's supposed to not stop him from robbing a bank because he liked the guy as a person? In the end at the dock, he takes off his mask and talks to him as Peter Parker realizing that he can now reason with Ock.

Okay, let's clarify this for a second. In SM1 Peter didn't "refuse" to go out with her, he simply didn't want her to get too close to him now that he was this hero. That doesn't mean he didn't love her. And then in SM2 when he starts to see that this life as a hero is giving him no life of his own and he gives it up, he then tries to go back to her, and she rejects him because she's trying to move on from the pain of his rejection.

Number one: we don't know how long after that discovery (of the Goblin secrets) the wedding was. So Harry could have...for lack of a better term, "cooled down" by then. Number two: MJ was his friend. So he went to support his friend as she was becoming a bride. In his mind, she had nothing to do with Peter anymore.

3. Joined:
    Jan 4, 2006
    ONE WORD- flashback

4. Cmill216 Senior Case Officer

I don't think they're gonna be talkin', unless its Spider-Man talking to the GG2 as he is being chased across New York.

5. TheSlag Registered

God... I hope they're talking. I hope we get the full Goblin treatment this time, now that Harry knows Peter's secret. Mind games and all.

I wonder if, when, and how... Peter will put it together that the new Goblin is Harry. I think, we will not see the Goblin in costume til near the end and I suspect it will be extremely clear to Peter who is behind the mask, after (I hope) the mind games Harry plays on Peter and his beloved ones. MANNNN... Gonna be sooo frickin Good. :up: (if done right SAM.... :mad: :mad: )

6. Sean Adisano Registered

i'm sure peter well know its harry. if he knows it was harry's father who was the green goblin, and now theres a new one, his first guess would be its harry. especially all that time harry was plotting revenge on spider-man. so no mystery there for peter i think.

7. TheSlag Registered

Yep. Kinda the way I'm leaning too. But it's a slam dunk IF Harry is already playing mind games in sheep's clothing (as Harry not GG2) with Peter, MJ, Gwen, Aunt May, JJ... others. THOSE... should be some excellent scenes if done right, and really give all actors involved a chance to shine... and stretch from their normal roles. :up: :up:

8. Sean Adisano Registered

i agree with you 100% and hope for the same in the movie.

9. Silver S Registered

ROFLMAO! Sym, you're too much. :D

10. Sean Adisano Registered

i love chocolate cake:D

11. The Punisher Registered

12. The Punisher Registered

I think your right. It could a flash back maybe. But she said her self she might be getting a bigger role.

13. GoldGoblin Registered

Maybe she is a waitress in a restaurant and says for dessert,would you like a piece of chocolate cake.

14. CrimeMaster! Registered

Not if Harry has anything to say about it.:bomb: :gg:

It would be cool if Raimi used the bomb in the apartment from Amazing 136 as part of the mind games before Peter knows Harry is the Goblin.

15. Spider-Bite Registered

I bet you it kills Chocolate Cake Girl.

16. the Firestarter Friends Call Me Heatmiser

she's related to kraven the hunter & charmelion. entry point for future movies.

17. RedIsNotBlue Agree to disagree

[​IMG]

Would you like a piece of Chocolate Symbiote?

18. the Firestarter Friends Call Me Heatmiser

i can't imagine why she would be needed for spidey 3. there is already so much going on.

19. Joined:
    Jan 4, 2006
    OR, harry can invite him to live in HIS apartment and harry then tries to kill him but fails cause of petes spider sense

20. Saph Registered

Um.. yeah. That's what Spider-Man would do in the comics. Talking something out of doing something is a lot safer for both of you rather than fighting.
    Yeah, after electrocuting him. :rolleyes:

Well, Peter Parker from the comics would never do that. He would never try to go out with her again. He'd mope from afar, but not try again. He realises that MJ would be in danger if he is with her. Movie Peter Parker is so selfish, that he is willing to go out with MJ because he was 'tired' of being a superhero, putting her in danger.

You don't understand. Harry had just went insane. He saw and talked to his dead father. He found the Goblin equipment. You don't get over that.

21. Joined:
    Jan 4, 2006
    he took some prozac

22. TheSlag Registered

No more leaps than any other superhero based movie IMO.

Peter had lunch with Octavius. Spider-Man was trying to stop Doc Ock who was in the middle of robbing a bank, and had already placed serveral lifes in jeopardy in the process. Doc Ock initiated the fight at the bank too, prior to any discussion.

And besides, it's a movie. Did you expect them to settle the first fight through talking? It was bad enough with the final battle (and they still battled in that one, if you can call it a battle, as it was puny compared to the others in the film).

I'll agree it did not say hero with the approach they used for the Spider-Man No More storyline, as compared to the comic, but as we both know (unfortunately), the movie version is ALL about ONE girl. Peter saw that he was losing MJ, and losing the battle for his life with being Spider-Man, and the mental effects (*yuk*) we're resulting in the power losses (Big Yuk).

It would of been better IMO IF Peter had made the decision without the power loss bit, but whatever. The point is, he thought he was done with being Spider-Man at the point he went back after MJ (you know, the love of his life). Could he have possibly known that there would still be danger since he was not that long removed from being Spidey, perhaps, but it's nitpicking IMO there, and again, a movie where the Damsel in Distress... must be put in "distress".

Yes. So what? Maybe he had plans to confront Peter at the wedding. Maybe he wanted to confront MJ about Peter at the wedding. Maybe.... he had not completely snapped yet. Maybe he had completely snapped and was now in the process of playing mind games with Peter and/or MJ. As in a toast to the new couple that included Peter and how many secret lives or loves some have?????

Who knows?? Who cares???? You're really grasping at straws with this one IMO.

Anything's possible, but IMO, that is VERY unlikely.

23. Cmill216 Senior Case Officer

That's what I said...just not as well. Thanks Slag. :up:

24. Cmill216 Senior Case Officer

I don't know what I was smokin' yesterday. You're right about this one.

:spidey: :gg:

25. Sean Adisano Registered

maybe, instead of chocolate cake, they have her asking peter if he wants a piece of "APPLE PIE". come on thats genuis:D the audience will never see it coming. raimi you sly dog you:D