Main characters that aren't that likeable

See, the charming part is subjective. And he most certainly does have dialogue, but it's in that annoying Wookie growling form. And he served absolutely no purpose in any of the 4 movies, other than some cute mini-"sidequests".

I wouldn't consider Chewy a main character though. He's definitely only supporting.

doctor Manhattan in watchmen he wasn't really someone you can relate to but he was a damn interesting character
I like what Comedian said to him after shooting that poor woman he (Comedian) impregnated

Shia Lebouf in the Transformers films.

Damn right. :up:

Boobie Miles from Friday Night Lights.

Jeremiah Mercer (Andre 3000) from Four Brothers.

DMX in everything.

Oskar Schell from Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close.

Hal Jordan from Green Latern.

Rachel (Dakota Fanning) & Robbie Ferrier (Justin Chatwin) from War of the Worlds (2005)

Alex from Final Destination.

Martin from Stake Land.

Jason from The Forbidden Kingdom.

Colin Sullivan from The Departed.

Kick Ass from Kick Ass.

Last edited:
Xander Berekly in xXx: He's an a-hole in and out

Xander Berkeley was in xXx? I don't remember him. Who'd he play?

*Harvey Dent in the hospital, same movie: "Hey guy I was hunting all the time and I really want to kill, I'm going to obey you now and follow your guidance, Joker." And how did he find time to get out of the hospital before it explodes?

He's a villain. He isn't supposed to be likeable. Also, he's following the coin, not Joker. That's what Two-Face does. He does what the coin tells him, with no exceptions.

Last edited:
Also never liked Xander in Buffy.

He's a villain. He isn't supposed to be likeable. Also, he's following the coin, not Joker. That's what Two-Face does. He does what the coin tells him, with no exceptions.

To a point, I understand where he's coming from. Harvey's turn was a tad fast for me as well. I think part of that may be because I was never all that attached to the Rachel character, so it was hard for me to buy that her death really pushed Harvey that far over the edge.

It didn't bother me enough to the point where I found him unlikeable, because TDK is still one of my favorite films, but I can understand the criticism to a point. I've always felt Two-Face was the weakest aspect of TDK. Simply because we only saw a shadow of the potential that Two-Face has. To clairify, not Harvey Dent, but Two-Face. Harvey was done wonderfully. But Two-Face as a character has much more potential then Nolan utilized. It was still good, but it was unfortunate he only explored a small bit of Two-Face's true capacity.

Last edited:
Vin Diesel

He's the biggest moron in that scene
And I really liked him before listening to Joker

Dante in Clerks

Holden in Chasing Amy

Ron Burgandy in Anchorman

Wikus van der Merwe in District 9

Mary Jane in Spider-Man 1-3

Max Fischer in Rushmore

Vin Diesel

Oh...you mean Xander Cage.

Xander Berkeley is this guy.

xander-berk.jpg

He's the biggest moron in that scene
And I really liked him before listening to Joker

Well yeah. He's insane. It is completely within his character to do something like that.

Well yeah. He's insane. It is completely within his character to do something like that.

I think the issue is more that the "insanity" didn't quite seem justified enough. At least that's how I felt about it, to a small extent.

Mark Zuckenberg in The Social Network. In fact, i found most of the characters in that movie extremely unlikeable lol. Might explain why i didnt like the movie too much (i guess i'm a minority, but i dont care)

I still don't see how Peter Parker in The Amazing Spider-Man was an unlikable *****ebag :huh:. I see nothing that indicates that, or at least nothing that the Peter from the comics didn't do.

I might be in the minority here I found Jaden Smith's character in the Karate Kid remake to be very unlikeable and a really annoying brat. There wasn't any point in the movie where I felt sorry for him and I even felt he deserved the beating he got the second time around since he was the one that intentionally went after those Chinese kid after the Chinese kid already told him to stay out of his way and he'll leave him alone.

Another one is MJ from the Raimi films. How anyone found her likeable is beyond me.

Those are the only main characters I can list off the top of my head. I can probably name some more if I sit down and try to remember more.

Spider-Man in the SSM cartoon was an unlikable *****bag. Garfield in TASM was the opposite though.

Mark Zuckenberg in The Social Network. In fact, i found most of the characters in that movie extremely unlikeable lol. Might explain why i didnt like the movie too much (i guess i'm a minority, but i dont care)

Chalk that up to intentional un-likability I'd say, both on part of the film and within the story for the character himself.

I mean the last line of the film is

"You're not an ass**** Mark. You just try so hard to be one."

Agree with this. I don't get the loony Depp. Jack Sparrow, Willy Wonka, Mad Hatter, just something very repulsive about them... I prefer Depp's more "serious" roles

Jack Sparrow was fine before he became the increasing focuse of those films. Since then Depp's schtik has worn thin.

Brad pitt in seven as well as Django. I found both quite unlikable.

Sam Worthington in Clash & Wrath Of The Titans & Terminator Salvation.

Tyler Perry as Madea in every damn thing that he has done.

RDJ as Tony Stark. My god he is annoying. Can't stand the fast talking, making fun of everyone

He was the main character?

Main characters that aren't likeable....is the title of the thread. That can mean two things. I took it to mean one of those two things. You can have the other and take it with you with Short Round down the cliff into the river of alligators.

What? Malcolm is the best character in the series and the only person who was using his brain.

I don't think Jeff Goldblum can cease being annoying to me in ANY role he takes. And for me annoying = unlikeable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"