Making the perfect Spidey suit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by Costume Maker:
I have the spider on the front screened but not the red one on the back

I meant the alien costume, I was trying to do some research on "raised" silkscreening and can't find any information.. can you offer any advice?

Come on I just want to see more of mick in action. want to know more about price for decent costume, and please dont rush it mick. I'm just hoping for the best out of this topic. Just Email me at [email protected] and let me know how things are mick or who ever else can make a costume.

Originally posted by LarTheLad:
Come on I just want to see more of mick in action. want to know more about price for decent costume, and please dont rush it mick. I'm just hoping for the best out of this topic. Just Email me at [email protected] and let me know how things are mick or who ever else can make a costume.

Lar,

Mick's away for a couple of days. He's just about finished with his prototype and for what he's shown me it's great! I wear the Marvel version for appearances and his is 10 X's better than what we have to wear. Hang in there. it'll be worth the wait.

I will SpidermanYetter and i like both you and mick in costume. im over anxious thats all. and tell me how you keep in shape, i could use some pointer so i can look in better shape for the costume. You can email me if you want, I dont mind. Agian it's [email protected] should be in my profile as well. I'm sure it is worth the wait

I've been fairly athletic since High School and have been Martial Arts for about 13 years. On top of a pretty consistant weight training program and watching what I eat I can keep a pretty good balance. Marvel's pretty picky on what their super heroes look like. Can't have a Spidey with rolls running around. If you want more detail on a regimine, I can send you one...

Originally posted by Costume Maker:
Including making the pattern and buying the fabric I made it in 2 days
Joseph

Joe,

Could you explain the "raised" silk screening? I'm having a real tough time finding information on this....

Cool Thing SpidermanYetter would love the info. And send anymore cool pics of you in costume. At least I want to give something a try to get in better shape thanks.

Spiderman Yetter,

Cool Symbiote suit!
I am giving thought to making one myself, I really want a Classic Red and Blue but I'd rather wait and buy a 'Perfect Costume' from Mick as opposed to trying to make one myself.

Do you have any more pictures of your Symbiote suit? I need to get some close up detailed images of the White Spider Symbol because I'd like to do what you and Mick have both done so successfully, and attempt to make my own costume.

I am considering using the same type of black lycra Mick used for his Alex Ross suit.
I think this could work well as the symbiote suit is a little oil like in appearance and this material could bring that quality to the costume.

I have a few pics of the white symbol but these are sourced from Comics that I own and don't always show every angle.

If you can help could you send me some pics by e-mail or tell me where I can possibly locate some pictures on the web?

Any help would be appreciated.

Originally posted by LarTheLad:
Cool Thing SpidermanYetter would love the info. And send anymore cool pics of you in costume. At least I want to give something a try to get in better shape thanks.

Consider it done.... I'll e-mail you my regimine. It's pretty simple but not it's not a light workout by any means...

Anakin,

I'll have some more pics up this weekend of the Alien Costume. I agree with you on the using the "wet" looking spandex. It's official name is called CIRE and usally comes in flat colors. I'll be re-creating the alien version in that for the very reasons you are. It looks great!! I cut the body of the spider seperately from the legs. The legs are actually 2 pieces sewn together at the side. The bottom 3 are the same but the top was different. Take note remember Spandex stretches when you put it on so take that into consideration when creating the spider and legs. I doubled up the material on the spider so it wouldn't "grey" out against the black. Check back w/ ya later...

jump1.gif

[This message has been edited by Crowfx (edited 02-25-2001).]

SpidermanYetter can you also send me your regime? I have been having problems with mine (I suffered 2 hyperextended knees wrestling in Highschool) and my work out isn't helping out at all. I've been looking for a change, maybe I can use yours. I consider myself to be in good shape...I'm actually the same size as Tobey (height and all) and I plan to stay that way. Plus I wan't to stay in shape so I can run around the neighborhood in my Spider-Man costume...thanks I appreciate it.

Ultimate & Anakin,

I thought I could kill 2 birds w/ one stone and post my regimine on here and see what you guys think. It's a 2-way split with a day of cardio in between too keep the fat monster at bay.... let me know what your thoughts are.
MONDAY /FRIDAY Bench 1 x 12 reps 60 % of max
3 x 7-9 reps spotted max
(for me it's 195 lbs.)
Dumbell Incline Press
2 x 7-9 reps 60 lbs.
Dumbell Flyes
2 x 7-9 reps 40 lbs

BICEPS Preacher Curls 2 x 7-9 65 lbs
Dumbell Incline Curls 2 x 7-9 20 lbs
Standing Barbell Curls 2 x 7-9 60 lbs

Note: 1-1/2 - 2 min rest bewteen sets
2-3 minutes between exercises

10 grams of creatine before workout
5 grams in last 15 min. of workout
Protien shake (30 grams)immediately after workout

WEDNESDAY / SATURDAY

BACK - Pull -Ups 3 x 15 reps
Reverse Flyes 3 x 10 lbs.

SHOULDERS
Dumbell Military Press 2 x 7-9 reps 50 lbs
Standing Upright Rowes 2 x 7-9 reps 75 lbs
Standing Dumbell Flyes 2 x 7-9 reps 20 lbs
TRICEPS
Dips 3 x 10-13 reps
Dumbell KickBacks 2 x 9-11 reps 30 lbs
1 x 8-10 reps 20 lbs
Close Grip Bench 1 x 8-10 reps 135 lbs

Good Luck, hope this helps, let me know if you guys have any questions...

Thanks for the Info about your Symbiote suit Spiderman Yetter.

I'll keep your points in mind when it comes to making the suit.

Good point about doubling up on the White symbol, it never occured to me that the black spandex beneath could come through the white surface colour.
Please let us know your address for your new symbiote pics when they go up.

Thanks again,

Anakin

I just posted this message a while ago but it doesn't seem to have gone through...

Spiderman Yetter,

Thanks for your response to my question I posted last week, I'll take in to consideration the comments you made when I attempt to make a suit of my own.

Good point you made regarding the white symbol, it didn't even occur to me that the Black Spandex beneath would show through the White surface layer.

I've got myself a few more pictures of the alien suit from various sites across the web, so I think I have enough to start.

I'd really like to use white lenses which I heard both you and Mick are working on at the moment, as opposed to the white mesh material, so if you can let me know what kind of material you use I'd be grateful.

p.s

Let us know the web address of your symbiote pics when you get them up, or should I just keep checking back to the existing address Mick posted for updates?

Thanks again,

Anakin

[Let us know the web address of your symbiote pics when you get them up, or should I just keep checking back to the existing address Mick posted for updates?

I had some pics taken this weekend but they didn't turn out very well. I'll be teaming up w/ Mick to have the pics posted. -- S.Y.

Hello all!
Sorry I was away from the forum for sometime now (I had some exams and now I coming down with a cold!). SpidermanYetter, your costume is amazing! I saw the pics Mick posted for you and they are great! Also your regime was helpful...guess I´ll also have to start excercising now (least my costume looks like the Dikto version
tongue.gif
). I would like to see the Ross costume mini-movie Mick did, and also would like to see more of your pictures.
I would also like to know if you ever saw the pictures of the costume I have; I sent them here to have them posted, but they never did
mad.gif
My guess is that they are still uploading all info they have received, but this was before the actual costume was shown. I would like to know what people think of my classic-costume, do you think Mick and you could somehow post them for all costume-maker fans to see? Let me know, and I can email them to you.
Thank you very much! Hope to hear from you and Mick soon!
Su amigo de siempre,
El sorprendente
Hombre-Araña

El-Hombre,

Welcome Back, always good to hear from a fellow costume maker. Hope your finals went well. I think I saw your pics from Mick. We're they taken outside? If not I would love to check them out. Mick's mini-movie is great. I think he's trying to bust into HollyWood... :p You can e-mail your pics too me and I'll talk to Mick about putting a webpage together... [email protected]
smile.gif

Hi all
I have been out of town for a while. There was a question avout raised silk screening, it is similar to the "Puffy" tshirts that have been on the market.
The white spider on the Black costume I did is not silk screened it and the matching one on the back of the suit are made from spandes and sewed on.
Joseph

Costume-Maker,

Are you ever gonna show us your red-blue costume????
You say youve been making these since October and not a single photo...I have some shots of one of your suits would you like me to post them???
Mick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back