Man hides cash in oven

Discussion in 'SHH Community Forum' started by Duke, Jul 27, 2012.

1. Duke Registered

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/man-hides-cash-over-cash-gets-baked-accident-122700396.html

One man probably has learned a costly lesson about where he hides his cash.
    The unidentified man from Sydney, Australia, sold his car last weekend. The $15,000 (approximately $15,652 in U.S. dollars) in proceeds was earmarked for his mortgage payment and other bills, according to Australian media. Opting not to squirrel away the loot in a mattress or bury it in his backyard, he decided to hide it his oven, which rarely gets used.
    Bad move: Turns out, his wife decided to use the oven that day, preheating it for chicken nuggets and, yes, cooked the cash.
    "It was everything I had," he told the news station. "I've got nothing to my name. That money was supposed to go towards my mortgage."
    His wife was equally distraught and, reportedly, could not stop crying when telling her husband after she discovered what happened: The cash was baked into a colorful burnt mess.
    The man reached out to his lender and the Reserve Bank of Australia for help.
    The Reserve Bank advises people to take damaged currency to a bank. According to the Reserve Bank policy, "if several pieces of the same banknote are presented, the Reserve Bank's policy is for each piece to be worth a share of the value in proportion to its size... The combined value paid should be the face value of the original banknote."

I guess you can say it went up in smoke now.

2. Pink Ranger The North Remembers

Some people make problems for themselves and don't deserve sympathy. This is a case of that.

3. Liam_H Registered

Is there a reason he did not tell him wife beforehand where he stashed it.

4. 3rdstone Original Manhunter

Yeah, that was my first thought too.

5. ThePhantasm 2 sexy 4 a stormtrooper

Most expensive chicken nuggets ever.

6. Mistah K88 Registered

Those chicken nuggets must have been DELICIOUS... Well...I guess I better get my cash out of the chimney now...

7. bullets bang bang

I guess it never occurred to him that someone might use the stove for cooking.

8. Duke Registered

He can now use his sweet & sour sauce. :o

9. HarryCarryRises Registered

I would never tell anyone and probably kill myself afterwards.

10. HarryCarryRises Registered

Oh, and I would kill myself by hiding in the oven, while waiting on my wife to preheat it for the next batch of chicken nuggets.