Man mistakes 9 year old in Halloween costume as a skunk and shoots her

Morg

Grumpy mod
Staff member
Reaction score
http://www.timesonline.com/news/pol...cle_cf5637e7-80ac-5b91-87e2-4e0397b6fbca.html

NEW SEWICKLEY TWP. — A 9-year-old girl was accidentally shot in the shoulder Saturday night by a family member who thought she was an animal outside a New Sewickley Township home, police said.

New Sewickley Police Chief Ronald Leindecker said the girl, whom he would not identify, was over a hillside around 8:30 p.m. during a Halloween party at 376 Brewer Road.

Leindecker said an unidentified male relative mistook the girl, who was wearing a black costume and a black hat with white tassel, for a skunk and shot her in the shoulder with a shotgun.

The girl was alert and talking when she was flown to UPMC Children’s Hospital in Pittsburgh, Leindecker said. A report on her condition was not available. Leindecker said he was not sure if charges will be filed. He added that the man had not been drinking.

Officers on Saturday night were still investigating and collecting statements, and they will turn over the case to the Beaver County district attorney’s office, Leindecker said.

what the hell?? Just how big skunks get over there? a 9 year old a bit too big to be mistaken for a skunk!

The article says it was not the case.

You don't need a drunken or drugged person, just an idiot with a gun.

Excellent rationality. "There's a skunk! Grab my shotgun!"

It seems the shooter was a little trigger happy & also I've never heard of a skunk getting to be that big anyway. Alcohol or drugs were probably involved.

Well u have to give it to the kid.. Her Costume had to be quite good!

What a moron! Thank god he didn't kill her.

Well u have to give it to the kid.. Her Costume had to be quite good!

The saddest thing was, the little girl was actually dressed as a black cat, but then accidentally jumped onto a flagpole with fresh white paint on it.

Im glad shes alive. The title had me worried

Even if drugs or alcohol were not involved, the man belongs in a mental hospital, if he cannot tell a skunk apart from a child in a costume.

The saddest thing was, the little girl was actually dressed as a black cat, but then accidentally jumped onto a flagpole with fresh white paint on it.
Fantastic Island reference? Good movie

Who even shoots a Skunk as a first reaction?

Who even shoots a Skunk as a first reaction?
Exactly. If you hit it at the right place, it'll probably stink up your entire yard anyway. Best reaction is to leave it be. I've come across plenty a skunk in my time, and I've never been sprayed.

Stupid, stupid. Even if she was hiding in the grass with a hat that looked like a skunk, it's still idiotic to be toting around a live firearm with the intent to use it if you know there's children running around loose on the premises.

Fantastic Island reference? Good movie

Actually, I think it's a Pepe Le Pew reference. Where the black cat would get white paint on her and Pepe would think she was a skunk.

Actually, I think it's a Pepe Le Pew reference. Where the black cat would get white paint on her and Pepe would think she was a skunk.

Technically, you're both correct.

Be careful 'o the skunk. Dem thangs can goes off even after they's dead.

I saw this clip of his in Fantastic Island, Pepe tosses a coin and wishes for love
That's what he gets

I hope nobody shoots me this weekend for mistaking me for a giant bat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"