Man of Steel 2 News and Speculation - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.thewrap.com/warner-bros-puts-man-of-steel-sequel-into-active-development-exclusive/

Superman will fly solo again in a sequel to “Man of Steel” going into active development at Warner Bros., a person familiar with the project told TheWrap.

Released in 2013, produced by Christopher Nolan and directed by Zack Snyder, “Man Of Steel” earned $668 million at the global box office and launched the ambitious DC Cinematic Universe. This summer’s “Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice,” which picked up where that film left off, has pulled in $872 million.

Despite Superman’s battle with Batman, DC has been silent on a sequel to “Man of Steel” featuring Superman solo, leading many frustrated fanboys to believe that another film wasn’t going to happen. But a person close to the project told TheWrap that Superman is a top priority for the studio and getting the character right for audiences is of tantamount importance.

It would be a great story about identity. Superman would find out that world governments knew about extraterrestrial activity long before zods invasion. Although I'm not sure which villain to use there.

Exactly the point and with the government knowing about Kryptonians but also beings from other planets it would be a plot twist and DC could capitalize off of that..You could include Waller in the sequel and she would basically view Martian Manhunter, Supergirl, Superman, etc. as threats

Or the government would even though their actions prove otherwise

Considering that it was announced that Colin Trevorrow would return to direct Jurassic World 3, it looks like J.A. Bayona's path is clear for 2020-2021. That's if he wants to do another VFX heavy blockbuster after JW:FK.

JJ Abrams or Doug McQuarrie would make more sense or how about David Yates

Of those, Abrams would be best

I support Bayona. What we really need is a filmmaker that WANTS to make this movie from a place of love and reverence for the source material

I'd prefer a great director with an interest in Superman over an ok director with a love of Superman. A quality take is more important to me than being comic accurate.

I look at films as being like elseworlds, they should be a chance to try something different, introduce new concepts.

A while back there was talk of about George Miller maybe doing a DC film, I'd certainly be up for him directing MOS2, provided he doesn't replace Cavil with DJ Cotrona

Exactly the point and with the government knowing about Kryptonians but also beings from other planets it would be a plot twist and DC could capitalize off of that..You could include Waller in the sequel and she would basically view Martian Manhunter, Supergirl, Superman, etc. as threats

Or the government would even though their actions prove otherwise

And this could open the door up for the government to want to have their own superhero team i.e. JLI or L.A.W. etc led by a certain Captain Nathaniel Adam ????

And this could open the door up for the government to want to have their own superhero team i.e. JLI or L.A.W. etc led by a certain Captain Nathaniel Adam ????

Yes that would be a perfect scenario DC wise because it further builds up the universe or hell with the government seeing Superman and other heroes in the universe as threats you could build towards a Kingdom Come like scenario

JJ Abrams or Doug McQuarrie would make more sense or how about David Yates

David Yates is committed to doing more Fantastic Beasts films, probably all five if it gets that far.

I'm hoping there's something for the 80th superman anniversary...

Supergirl works in this sequel either you have her show up in this film in a major capacity or you build her up in this film either in a mid credits scene or in a post credit for Man of Steel 2...you can't go wrong either way

Supergirl works in this sequel either you have her show up in this film in a major capacity or you build her up in this film either in a mid credits scene or in a post credit for Man of Steel 2...you can't go wrong either way

I would love to see Supergirl. I know many fans of the SG TV show have been hoping that if she does appear Melissa Benoist will play her. Obviously that's never going to happen (unless they do a big screen spin-off from the TV show that's unconnected with the DCEU - but I can't really see that happening either) - but of all the CWverse leads she's the only one that I could see holding her own alongside Affleck, Cavill, Gadot, etc. As I say, never gonna happen.

Happy 80th, my fictional friend. You'll always mean a lot. :awesome:

U0Wv4GV.jpg

i wonder if Henry will get the same faith as Brandon. :(

I would love to see Supergirl. I know many fans of the SG TV show have been hoping that if she does appear Melissa Benoist will play her. Obviously that's never going to happen (unless they do a big screen spin-off from the TV show that's unconnected with the DCEU - but I can't really see that happening either) - but of all the CWverse leads she's the only one that I could see holding her own alongside Affleck, Cavill, Gadot, etc. As I say, never gonna happen.

Supergirl showing up in a Superman sequel would be the perfect way to restore faith within the Superman franchise but also in the whole DCEU as a whole

She would be new to the DCEU but at the same time she would be familiar to all of us DC fans though

However, introducing her in MOS2 would be the perfect way to go:

- Mid credits could be of whoever...explorers or any kind of people on an expedition finding something in the ice and it could be of them finding her Kryptonian ship by extension finding her

- Or if you want her on the post credit scene then you could also do that but then you could have them thaw her out...she opens her eyes waking up

Right now I'm hoping the Shazam rumours are true, if he's in it and it’s popular that'll be a huge boost for MOS2 happening.

Ideally they'll announce a new solo film before Shazam comes out, but if not a popular appearance in Shazam could give WB enough confidence to go ahead

Right now I'm hoping the Shazam rumours are true, if he's in it and it’s popular that'll be a huge boost for MOS2 happening.

Ideally they'll announce a new solo film before Shazam comes out, but if not a popular appearance in Shazam could give WB enough confidence to go ahead

If he is in it hopefully he is in an RDJ mentor like role like how RDJ did for Spider Man Homecoming as Tony Stark/Iron Man...I can see Cavill being a mentor for Billy's character in that same vain

If he is Shazam's version of Stark in Homecoming, that would be fantastic :up:

While the DCEU doesn't really have me overall after JL, I am very excited for Shazam.

Last edited:
Yes I really hope he's in and gets a good showing.

Chris McQuarrie reveals he's had informal talks with Cavill about Superman while they where on the set of Mission impossible

Henry Cavill knows what it would be like. We had a a lot of time hanging out on set, and Henry’s a huge fan of Superman. I can’t help but talk story to people, so he told me his take on Superman and I thought it was really great, and I gave him my two cents. The tweet you’re referring to is somebody asked ‘Would you do it?’ and I said ‘Hey, they know where to find me.’ Nobody’s asked, but you know…”

https://heroichollywood.com/christopher-mcquarrie-superman-ideas-henry-cavill/

I hope he gets to do both: star in solo Superman movies, as well as be the "Nicky Fury" of the DC Universe:

http://collider.com/man-of-steel-2-henry-cavill-dc-contract/

Over the past month or two, I’ve been hearing rumblings that Henry Cavill was in negotiations with the studio to extend his DC contract beyond the one picture that’s still left on his deal. The rumor I heard was they wanted to make Superman the glue that ties all the DC movies together, which would feature the iconic character making small, but memorable, appearances in all the movies sort of like the way Samuel L. Jackson’s Nick Fury pops up in most of the Marvel movies. However, while the rumors have been pretty loud from some very reliable sources, I couldn’t get anything 100% confirmed, so it’s still all in the rumor category.

Regarding the Man of Steel sequel, Cavill was very careful with his wording and said:

“I’m having a lot of conversations, behind-the-scenes, with certain people and we will hopefully be having conversations with other people who are also behind-the-scenes to make things start happening. It is very much in my desire to do a Man of Steel 2, a direct sequel to Man of Steel, and there is a whole bunch of Superman story that I want to tell. There is a whole style of Superman’s character that I’m very keen to tell and I’m looking forward to the opportunity.”

Maybe he heard it from Mario Robles haha, who said WB was in negotiation with Cavill about his new contract 2 months ago.

Henry needs to work hard with McQuarrie to make the movie happen, Hamada sounds like he's keen on "director-driven" and you've gotta pitch him something to have a chance, not the other way round now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"