Man of Steel 2 News and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they're in the earliest stage of development. Trying to figure out the overall direction they want to take the character and converting that into ideas for a story.

I have a feeling Zack and Geoff are working on a MOS 2 script.

Geoff Johns is likely to be a part of the story in one form or another.

Yeah I think they're probably developing the story and after that paper I think Brainiac is most likely the route they're going in. I'd actually love to see it get abit cosmic here and have Superman go after Brainiac like he did in the Brainiac comic arc/Superman Unbound.

I think I'll be violently angry if Brainiac doesn't appear in MOS 2. Even if he's not the main villain, they need to include him. The fact that we have only gotten THREE supervillains (Lex, Zod and Doomsday) from Superman's rogues gallery on the big screen is ridiculous. Meanwhile we've seen the Joker three times, Two-Face twice, Catwoman twice (or three times if you count the awful Halle Berry version), Bane twice, the Scarecrow, the Penguin, the Riddler, Poison Ivy, Falcone, Maroni, Mr. Freeze, Ra's and Talia. Hell, even D-listers like KGBeast and Flass have appeared. Yet I always hear this argument that Superman's villains "wouldn't work" in a movie. It's bullsh**.

I think they're in the earliest stage of development. Trying to figure out the overall direction they want to take the character and converting that into ideas for a story.
I agree.

I agree Rows I want to see other villains. I want to see Metallo or Parasite or Brainiac or any other villain who hasn't gotten the big screen treatment.

Last edited:
Geoff Johns is likely to be a part of the story in one form or another.
If Brainiac is the villain, this might be an adaption of that story adaption of his Action Comics arc.

Brainiac or Hank Henshaw would be the villains I want to see in this sequel. I wouldn't be disappointed though if we got Metallo or Bizarro instead.

Personally also I have a soft spot for Preus, but his origin would be difficult to do here.

I agree.

I agree Rows I want to see other villains. I want to see Metallo or Parasite or Brainiac or any other villain who hasn't gotten the big screen treatment.

Yes, we need these three. If we get them in a series of films, then they can do whatever the hell they want after that. But all three are great Superman foes who I think could translate well to the big screen.

Bizarro would also be cool but only if they made him sympathetic and not inherently evil, since Doomsday was basically an evil Bizarro in BvS.

For me if its not Brainiac I'd be just as happy with Mettallo and/or Parasite.

Brainiac or Hank Henshaw would be the villains I want to see in this sequel. I wouldn't be disappointed though if we got Metallo or Bizarro instead.

Personally also I have a soft spot for Preus, but his origin would be difficult to do here.
They will need to skip on using the :ff: origin for Henshaw and find another way to make his flesh melt.
Unless they don't want to do something that graphic.

I really can't stand Cyborg Superman as a villain or a concept, I love the Return of Superman but that's the one time I think he worked. Beyond that not at all, personally I would rather he never appear in the films.

Rumors from 4chan :

The working titles for the film are Superman: Last Son and Last Son of Krypton.
Geoff Johns and Zack Snyder wrote the story.
J.J Abrams has been approached to direct the film. Doug Liman was also a candidate. Snyder is still interested in directing the character.
Snyder and Johns want to complete a Superman trilogy.
Brainiac is the main villain.
The film would open with a Krypton sequence ten years before the birth of Superman. Brainiac takes the city of Kandor while General Zod, Faora and his forces try to defend the city. Kara Zor-El is also a soldier that ends up trapped by Brainiac in the bottled city of Kandor.
Geoff Johns and Zack Snyder wrote the opening sequence with the intention of showing that General Zod was once a hero.
General Sam Lane would have a small role in the film and will be set up as a potential future antagonist.
Lois Lane's role is really small. The story will focus on Superman, Brainiac and Krypton.
The capital of Thanagar will be in Brainiac's collection.
Martain Manhunter was discussed at one point. He would have chased Brainiac to earth after Brainiac captured his race alongside his family.
Superman will travel to space in this film.
Kara Zor-El will meet her cousin once he enters Brainiac's ship. She'll be younger due to the fact that races in bottled cities don't age.
Superman would fight Brianiac twice in this film. In space and on Earth.
The Justice League would make a cameo at the end of the film to help Superman in the final battle.
http://boards.4chan.org/tv/thread/73590834

Yeah I think they're probably developing the story and after that paper I think Brainiac is most likely the route they're going in. I'd actually love to see it get abit cosmic here and have Superman go after Brainiac like he did in the Brainiac comic arc/Superman Unbound.
The Brainiac of 'Last Son' would be mouthwatering.

I think I'll be violently angry if Brainiac doesn't appear in MOS 2. Even if he's not the main villain, they need to include him. The fact that we have only gotten THREE supervillains (Lex, Zod and Doomsday) from Superman's rogues gallery on the big screen is ridiculous. Meanwhile we've seen the Joker three times, Two-Face twice, Catwoman twice (or three times if you count the awful Halle Berry version), Bane twice, the Scarecrow, the Penguin, the Riddler, Poison Ivy, Falcone, Maroni, Mr. Freeze, Ra's and Talia. Hell, even D-listers like KGBeast and Flass have appeared. Yet I always hear this argument that Superman's villains "wouldn't work" in a movie. It's bullsh**.

3? There's 4. Lex, Zod, Doomsday and Faora.

I'd like to see the Elite. Mxyzptlk would be fun too.

Last edited:
3? There's 4. Lex, Zod, Doomsday and Faora.

I'd like to see the Elite. Mxyzptlk would be fun too.

The Elite would be cool

I really don't think Mxy would work on the big screen, he'd be good in an episode of Supergirl.

Rumors from 4chan :

J.J Abrams has been approached to direct the film. Doug Liman was also a candidate. Snyder is still interested in directing the character.
The film would open with a Krypton sequence ten years before the birth of Superman. Brainiac takes the city of Kandor while General Zod, Faora and his forces try to defend the city. Kara Zor-El is also a soldier that ends up trapped by Brainiac in the bottled city of Kandor.
Geoff Johns and Zack Snyder wrote the opening sequence with the intention of showing that General Zod was once a hero.
General Sam Lane would have a small role in the film and will be set up as a potential future antagonist.
Lois Lane's role is really small. The story will focus on Superman, Brainiac and Krypton.
Martain Manhunter was discussed at one point. He would have chased Brainiac to earth after Brainiac captured his race alongside his family.
Kara Zor-El will meet her cousin once he enters Brainiac's ship. She'll be younger due to the fact that races in bottled cities don't age.
The Justice League would make a cameo at the end of the film to help Superman in the final battle.

Hmmm... while I never put any stock into stuff that shows up on 4chan, this sounds pretty great if true. The only thing that concerns me (aside from Snyder possibly wanting to direct... go away, Zack) is the whole bottle city concept. I know it's in the comics but I'm not sure how well that would translate to the big screen. It might make the whole thing feel like a superhero version of Horton Hears a Who. Although perhaps Brainy won't actually shrink the cities. That would be pretty cool actually, because it would mean his ship would have to be MASSIVE.

Sigh! Shame it's 4Chan cause it sounds ****ing awesome. Pretty much fanfic though :csad:

Rumors from 4chan :

I don't for one second believe this is true, but if it was I would be delighted. It would also mean the possibility of Preus as a villain in future also.

Yeah 99.9% chance this is all rubbish(its so convenient,I discuss the Zack/Johns thing here and within 12hrs that rumors pops up) but its interesting to discuss nonetheless.

Sounds cool! Did you guys see the other rumors of Mos2? Just read but rushing on time, can't post but not sure how legit the site reporting is.

They mention Brainiac and Lobo as potential villains. It was said WB is high on Lobo and they could test the audience's first exposure to him with being in a Superman movie.

Gotta admit, with Lobo being one of my favorite villains, I would absolutely love that. There were rumors of Lobo before that gained traction, but who knows. I'd be all for Lobo being paired with Supes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"