BvS MAN OF STEEL 2: Superman/Batman (2015)

John-An

Wonder Fingers!
Reaction score
I´ve opened this thread to talk about the MOS sequel that has been announced in San Diego Comic-Con.
Also to publish news, pics and all related to the new Superman/Batman movie.

1069251_10151824905663203_1476849956_n.jpg

(credits to Armando Loyola who made this image)

BURBANK, CA, July 20, 2013 –
On the heels of the worldwide success of “Man of Steel,” director Zack Snyderis bringing together the two greatest Super Heroes of all time—Batman and Superman—for the first time on the big screen. The announcement was made today by Greg Silverman, President, Creative Development and Worldwide Production, and Sue Kroll, President, Worldwide Marketing and International Distribution,Warner Bros. Pictures.

The current hit, “Man of Steel,” has taken in more than $630 million at the worldwide box office to date, and climbing. Along with its star, Henry Cavill, the upcomingfilm brings back Amy Adams, Laurence Fishburne and Diane Lane. The new Batman has yet to be cast.

Snyder is co-writing the story with David S. Goyer, who will then pen the screenplay. Production is expected to begin in 2014, with an anticipated release date inSummer 2015.

Silverman stated, “Zack Snyder is an incredibly talented filmmaker, but beyond that, he’s a fan first and he utterly gets this genre. We could not think of anyone better suited to the task of bringing these iconic Super Heroes to the screen in his own way.” Kroll added, “We are thrilled to be back in business with Zack and his team on this next movie. The success of ‘Man of Steel’ is a wonderful testament to the love and support that both fans and new audiences, worldwide, have for these characters. We are very excited to see what Zack has in store for all of us.”

Diane Nelson, President, DC Entertainment, noted, “Superman and Batman together on the big screen is a dream come true for DC fans everywhere. All of us at DC Entertainment could not be more excited for Zack’s continuing vision for the DC Universe.”

Zack Snyder, who made a surprise appearance at Comic-Con today, breaking the news to audiences there, later said, “I’m so excited to begin working again with Henry Cavill in the world we created, and I can’t wait to expand the DC Universe in this next chapter. Let’s face it, it’s beyond mythological to have Superman and our new Batman facing off, since they are the greatest Super Heroes in the world.”

The new film brings back Charles Roven and Deborah Snyder as producers. This time, Christopher Nolan and Emma Thomas are serving as executive producers, along with Benjamin Melniker and Michael E. Uslan.

Thomas offered, “Whilst our ‘Dark Knight’ trilogy is complete, we have every confidence that Zack’s fresh interpretation will take the character in a new and exciting direction. His vision for Superman opened the door to a whole new universe and we can’t wait to see what Zack does with these characters.”

The film is based on Superman characters created by Jerry Siegel & Joe Shuster, and Batman characters created by Bob Kane, published by DC Entertainment

Last edited:
Can't really call this "Man of Steel 2". This is more like what "The Wolverine" is to the X-Men series, where it's not a direct/rightful sequel to MOS but that the events take place after MOS.

They need to title this Superman/Batman: World's Finest. That is the perfect title, imo.

Your logo is nice, nicer than the one at CC. I wonder if they already know who is to be Batman but won't tell us. Just happy Henry gets a sequel, at least he is not like Routh.

May we all have this dance?

..this is going to be FUN:word:

They need to title this Superman/Batman: World's Finest. That is the perfect title, imo.

Not really. Nobody knows what the story is. If Batman only plays a role as big as Scarlett Johansson's character in the Iron Man films, then this is clearly MOS2. And don't forget, Batman rarely even appeared during Nolan's trilogy. It was about Bruce Wayne mostly. If that custom continues, then its not even clear that Batman will be shown as much as Zod was on MOS.

I still don't understand why Nolan is a part of this of his Batman is done. It's weird that his story is done but he is involved in the MOS sequel which features a new Batman.'if this does indeed lead into more Batman films is Nolan going to direct them?

Not really. Nobody knows what the story is. If Batman only plays a role as big as Scarlett Johansson's character in the Iron Man films, then this is clearly MOS2. And don't forget, Batman rarely even appeared during Nolan's trilogy. It was about Bruce Wayne mostly. If that custom continues, then its not even clear that Batman will be shown as much as Zod was on MOS.

I put the two man of steel 2 and superman batman because this is not confirmed yet what role is gonna play batman but why put the logo world's finest if batman is not gonna team-up why they bothers...
it's a world/finest movie.... IMO

I still don't understand why Nolan is a part of this of his Batman is done. It's weird that his story is done but he is involved in the MOS sequel which features a new Batman.'if this does indeed lead into more Batman films is Nolan going to direct them?

He'll be a producer at most.

However, the Nolan involvement/branding will probably confuse GAs further (raising expectation for Bale, and then being dissappointed).

Snyder has said that the ramification of Superman killing Zod would be explored in a sequel. Batman is actually a great person to explore those issues with (Batman has an even more strict no-killing rule than Superman does).

(Batman has an even more strict no-killing rule than Superman does).

Someone should have told Bale's Batman that before he pushed Harvey to his death and before he shot Talia's driver to his death as well.lol

I put the two man of steel 2 and superman batman because this is not confirmed yet what role is gonna play batman but why put the logo world's finest if batman is not gonna team-up why they bothers...
it's a world/finest movie.... IMO

They put that logo so the Batman fans got interested. They'll probably tease the Batman fans all the way until the release date, even if Batman is only making a cameo. Its all for box office. They see the chance of Avatar-like numbers.

They put that logo so the Batman fans got interested. They'll probably tease the Batman fans all the way until the release date, even if Batman is only making a cameo. Its all for box office. They see the chance of Avatar-like numbers.
I don't think so.. In the major case just say that batman would appear... but if they're gonna be in this mode maybe batman is going to have an equal role as supes...

Oh come on it won't be a cameo I still call it an introduction though Bats will probably already be established. I'm really seeing something ala Scarlett in IM2. Christian can definitely not appear as Batman or TDKR will have been erased. But if its a choice between Christian and that no talent Joe from True Blood then bring Christian's Batman back from the dead.

I too prefer the title "Superman/Batman: World's Finest".

It's still Superman's movie however, no matter what they title it. This will be Batman fitting into the MOS world, not Superman fitting into Batman's.

They don't need to do Batman's origins again (we just saw a fantastic interpretation on them back in 2005, it was called Batman Begins). Having an already established Batman could work fine. Maybe Superman's battle with Zod causes Batman to become more open about his vigilante activities.

I really hope this Batman doesn't have some voice that's ridiculously different from his regular voice as Bruce. I've never been able to watch any of the Nolan films without laughing a little when he speaks in his Batman voice.

It's about damn time we had a live action World's Finest movie. I can't wait so wished Bale would return as Batman though. Regardless I'm happy Dc and Warner Bros. are moving forward with this rather than Justice League it's to early after this they need to do Wonder Woman then a Trinity movie that leads into Justice League.

The whole point of Batman changing his voice is so someone who has interacted with Batman and knows Bruce Wayne doesn't make a connection. He SHOULD alter his voice a lot when he's in the suit.

Then alter it to something that doesn't sound like a person that has smoked one cigarette after another their entire life.

Altering the voice made sense until we Christian Bale got ahold of it, and who can forget that Utube parody when TDK came out. It was even worse when he growled "where's the trigger" at Bane.

Old-school looking Bat logo,I dig it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"