BvS MAN OF STEEL 2: Superman/Batman (2015)

I saw that in the scene... a way more realistic not just the Superman perfect nothing happens....

Sure, no problem, plenty are ok with it, just that it wasn't realistic for me. A typical 17-18 would have saved his pa in those circumstances, and "not ready for the world" be damned.

Then again he could take inspiration from John Byrne 1986 # 3 in which it debut Superman first encounter with Batman.
Man_of_Steel_3.jpg

Their are so many stories you could do with Superman meeting Batman for the first time.

I still have that :applaud:supes::ybat:

superman_batman04.jpg

It's absolutely false... only because the phrase ( to present batman) that doesn't mean anything

Where do you get that it's false? From what I understand Snyder said that they aren't adapting the book but it is in fact helping to inspire the movie...so it is true that the Dark Knight Returns is inspiring Superman/Batman

Where do you get that it's false? From what I understand Snyder said that they aren't adapting the book but it is in fact helping to inspire the movie...so it is true that the Dark Knight Returns is inspiring Superman/Batman
No.. it was just a phrase... theres no confirmation that TDKR will be the main plot of the movie or inspiration...

Sure, no problem, plenty are ok with it, just that it wasn't realistic for me. A typical 17-18 would have saved his pa in those circumstances, and "not ready for the world" be damned.
Totally respect your point of view... but Clark's intention was to save him... not to leave him... the moment jonah sacrifies himself to no expose clarks powers IMO that's what some people don't get it...

Synder clearly said that they were using the Dark Knight Returns as inspiration and will not adapt anything from it. He also stated that the quote was to let user know who they will have in the MOS sequel... There take will have no relation to Dark Knight Returns. If anything Syder will give a true look at how Superman and Batman fist encounter will be. Synder already said what Superman would do to Batman if this ever happen during filming of MOS... This mean Superman will do what Superman did to batman in the first encounter in 52 comics. In time when Batman learns more about Sup and his weakness is when he'll be able to beat him. We will see if he keeps his words and his realistic approach.

Last edited:
Totally respect your point of view... but Clark's intention was to save him... not to leave him... the moment jonah sacrifies himself to no expose clarks powers IMO that's what some people don't get it...

No prob, cool. I do get it, Jon Kent's sacrifice, not to expose Clark's powers but the scenario that played out wasn't realistic IMO. Clark might have understood the intention but what 17-18 would have actually done so? Leave his father to that fate if he could help it.

No prob, cool. I do get it, Jon Kent's sacrifice, not to expose Clark's powers but the scenario that played out wasn't realistic IMO. Clark might have understood the intention but what 17-18 would have actually done so? Leave his father to that fate if he could help it.

It is kinda funny in that the only time he obeys his father, his father dies, and all the other times throughout the movie he keeps disobeying his father's orders and saving other people's lives.

It is kinda funny in that the only time he obeys his father, his father dies, and all the other times throughout the movie he keeps disobeying his father's orders and saving other people's lives.

Yeah, that was my point as well. All this while Clark has thrown caution to the wind to save lives. A great message/idea of Pa Kent's sacrifice, just not that well executed, this scene.

Synder clearly said that they were using the Dark Knight Returns as inspiration and will not adapt anything from it. He also stated that the quote was to let user know who they will have in the MOS sequel... There take will have no relation to Dark Knight Returns. If anything Syder will give a true look at how Superman and Batman fist encounter will be. Synder already said what Superman would do to Batman if this ever happen during filming of MOS... This mean Superman will do what Superman did to batman in the first encounter in 52 comics. In time when Batman learns more about Sup and his weakness is when he'll be able to beat him. We will see if he keeps his words and his realistic approach.

That's pretty much what I said. They are not adapting the story but it will "help to tell the story". So it is an inspiration to the movie...

He listened to his father before that (not getting into fights for example). Also, saying that no 17/18 year old kid would ever do what Clark did strikes me as a gross generalization and overreaching (there are millions of kids that age in the world, how do we know how some of them would react in a situation like that, simply, we don't).

Yeah, that was my point as well. All this while Clark has thrown caution to the wind to save lives. A great message/idea of Pa Kent's sacrifice, just not that well executed, this scene.

The idea was great, for me well executed... there was no other way... That affected on Clark's new journey... people was watching the scenario and Clark knows it and he doesn't care but the only thing Clark cares is his father and the ideals he fought... THAT'S THE POINT....

He listened to his father before that (not getting into fights for example). Also, saying that no 17/18 year old kid would ever do what Clark did strikes me as a gross generalization and overreaching (there are millions of kids that age in the world, how do we know how some of them would react in a situation like that, simply, we don't).

He listened to his dad for not getting into fights, sure, but when has he shown to have listened about saving lives?

Yes, saying no 17-18 is gross generalization, but wouldn't you say, most 17-18 year olds, or a typical kid that age, would leave his father to that fate, despite the best intentions of his dad? I wouldn't, "revealing myself to the world too early" be damned. Would you?

It's a great message set in a leaky premise, which has too many what ifs to convey the message powerfully enough.

i want an older Bruce and my choice is Josh Brolin a great actor and a big name with an oscar nomination who looks alot like bruce and can be a charismatic funny playboy type but also tough and badass
josh_brolin_as_batman_by_poumap-d60nl1w.jpg

That's pretty much what I said. They are not adapting the story but it will "help to tell the story". So it is an inspiration to the movie...

Ok... I must have misunderstand your previous post... Anyway, cannot wait for more details on the direction of MOS: Superman/Batman.

The thing is though, isn't Superman supposed to be like the first known superhero on the planet? If that's the case, then Bruce can't be too old in the film since he shouldn't have become batman until after MOS.

I don't honestly know what I would do in such a situation since I've NEVER been in a situation like that, and I won't pretend to know the answer.

Then again he could take inspiration from John Byrne 1986 # 3 in which it debut Superman first encounter with Batman.
Man_of_Steel_3.jpg

Their are so many stories you could do with Superman meeting Batman for the first time.
As long as there's no Magpie.

The thing is though, isn't Superman supposed to be like the first known superhero on the planet? If that's the case, then Bruce can't be too old in the film since he shouldn't have become batman until after MOS.

Bruce can still be 'new on the scene' even if he's a little bit older than Clark.

I think the ideal age for this new Bruce would be early-to-mid 30s, and there are a number of actors - both relative unknowns and relatively to extremely recognizable names - who fit that bill, such as Sam Witwer, Sam Worthington, Jake Gyllenhaal, Gael Garcia Bernal, Robbie Jones III, Selwyn Ward, Luke Evans, and Matt Bomer.

Bruce can still be 'new on the scene' even if he's a little bit older than Clark.

I think the ideal age for this new Bruce would be early-to-mid 30s, and there are a number of actors - both relative unknowns and relatively to extremely recognizable names - who fit that bill, such as Sam Witwer, Sam Worthington, Jake Gyllenhaal, Gael Garcia Bernal, Robbie Jones III, Selwyn Ward, Luke Evans, and Matt Bomer.

Big no to Sam Worthington since the dude can't act at all and is just about as one dimensional as Kristin Stewart is.

Jake just can't seem to convince me that he can play a tough character.

If anything, they should try to get actors that look a little bit in contrast to Cavil's appearance.

Big no to Sam Worthington since the dude can't act at all and is just about as one dimensional as Kristin Stewart is.

Jake just can't seem to convince me that he can play a tough character.

To each their own. I personally like both Worthington and Gyllenhaal.

OK I'm confused... what do you mean?

What I mean is don't quote me and put words in my mouth. Nowhere did I say Superman would or would not do something. Whether he is Superman or not it was a horrible scene and would be horrible if anyone else did it. Screw whoever is watching I'm not letting any of my parents die without a fight, message he damned.

Sam Worthington has got to be one of the worst actors ou right now, he must have went to acting school with Kristen Stewart or perhaps he was the teacher and she learned from him. 1. Face blank 2. Voice monotone 3. No emotion in eyes

i want an older Bruce and my choice is Josh Brolin a great actor and a big name with an oscar nomination who looks alot like bruce and can be a charismatic funny playboy type but also tough and badass

Why would they go with an older Bruce? This is Superman who's just beginning. The Dark Knight Returns inspiration is not going to include a dystopian future.

I really doubt there's going to be a significant age difference between Cavill and whomever they cast as Batman, and I also don't think they're going to cast someone younger in the role... although if they do, Colin Donnell would be a good choice, as would Sinqua Walls.

Yes, I know Walls is black - as is Selwyn Ward - but Bruce's ethnicity isn't part of his character, therefore making them viable candidates in my mind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"