Man of Steel Box Office Prediction Thread - Part 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
:D
i just wish more and more people can see that. not only the action, the compelling and solid story and plot.

That's true, I love the way MOS took a serious approach to the story. As promised, it felt like real life in terms of the world's reaction. That's what made it compelling to me. Whereas the Iron Man trilogy was too fluffy.

That's true, I love the way MOS took a serious approach to the story. As promised, it felt like real life in terms of the world's reaction. That's what made it compelling to me. Whereas the Iron Man trilogy was too fluffy.

What the .....

You barely saw "the world's" reaction in this film.

Why do you overzeloused always choose to invoke Marvel movies to contrast what you liked about MoS? Just leave them out of your mouth. Slighting them doesn't enhance your point, it just makes you sound like a troll.

Snyder has dramatically changed the image of Superman overnight. It truly is the most incredibly entertaining film of all-time. As one review on RT said, 'It makes The Avengers look like Snow White'. Imagine if The Avengers was directed by Snyder! The box office would be $3billion if Snyder was at the helm. So lucky to have him with JLA, and of course the hotly-anticipated MOS2. With the image of Superman Returns, MOS was able to open with $129mil, imagine what MOS2 will open with!

74100-grandpa-simpson.gif

What the .....

Why do you overzeloused always choose to invoke Marvel movies to contrast what you liked about MoS? Just leave them out of your mouth. Slighting them doesn't enhance your point, it just makes you sound like a troll.

They were stating their opinion on how they felt about MOS and iron man. Nothing wrong with that... If you didn't like their opinion just move on... It's an open forum... Just because one person like DC character over Marvel doesn't mean they are invoking Marvel movie.

So who's planning on helping the weekend box office take tomorrow by seeing MoS again? I'm thinking about seeing it for the 4th time tomorrow afternoon. It will either be tomorrow or Monday.

What the .....

Well I'm not going to compare MOS to a non-superhero film like World War Z. The only way to grade elements of MOS is to compare it to its peers, obviously. I can't believe anyone would care whether or not I was impressed with Iron Man. Maybe if I was at an Iron Man forum, but not here.

Last edited:
I think it still has a chance of reaching 300. Even if it drops 50% every week it will still get very close to 300, and I'm sure WB will keep it in theaters for a long time just like they did with Returns which took an eternity to reach 200.

Nothing wrong with being excited and loving MOS... Superman fans having had this in a long time. So he's just overly excited now that we finally have a kickass Superman movie. That's all... I for one enjoy MOS more than avenger.

Balls-of-Steel.jpg

Last edited:
What the .....

lol gotta admit, I never thought I'd see you resort to this sort of statement.

Films get compared all the time, you might want to explain to these good people why they shouldn't compare their experience within the genre.

Pretty sure this happens in the comic book realm(video games too).

What the .....

Sounded like he was stating an opinion to me. How about settling down with the "troll" talk?

So who's planning on helping the weekend box office take tomorrow by seeing MoS again? I'm thinking about seeing it for the 4th time tomorrow afternoon. It will either be tomorrow or Monday.

Look what happened when I tried to see it at the IMAX yesterday.

cxlsupes_zps97eae949.jpg

:argh:

@danoyse

Did you end up just seeing a regular screening or decide to hold off entirely?

hope you didnt order your tickets in advance

No, fortunately. I had checked the times on their website the night before and just headed out early this morning to catch the 11am show. I thought I was just early when the theater was still closed, but then I saw the sign on the window. A few other people were walking up for tickets too, and one guy let out this loud, "Oh, MAN!!!" :csad:

So that sucked, especially since it was 45 minute drive. But I went back home and just saw it at my local mini-IMAX instead. Wasn't going to drive around all day and NOT see Man of Steel after all of that.

@danoyse

Did you end up just seeing a regular screening or decide to hold off entirely?

I did see it, I just ended up going to the mini-IMAX back home. :up:

I did see it, I just ended up going to the mini-IMAX back home. :up:

What the hell is a mini-IMAX? I've never heard of that.

Good to see you stuck-to-it and were determined to see the movie :woot:
WB can continue to take my money too!

What the hell is a mini-IMAX? I've never heard of that.

Good to see you stuck-to-it and were determined to see the movie :woot:
WB can continue to take my money too!

The less-kind name for is a "LieMax". Which is the IMAX screen at the local multiplex, which actually much smaller than a true IMAX screen.

I actually enjoy going to my local LieMax, since it's still a nice-sized screen, but the genuine IMAX is really cool. It's like watching a movie projected on the side of a building. I saw Star Trek there a few weeks ago and it awesome.

The show I did finally manage to see happened to be the non-3D one (which I didn't mind at all), but they gave me 3D glasses anyway. I think they were confused. :oldrazz:

i agree to some that we only saw the government / the military's reaction. and we haven't seen the world's reaction. however it has made the sequel so damn pressing and interesting!!! what is their reaction; fear, anxiety as per pa kent's prediction??? or as cheerful as like in STM? how superman earn the trust of the world!!!

The less-kind name for is a "LieMax". Which is the IMAX screen at the local multiplex, which actually much smaller than a true IMAX screen.

I actually enjoy going to my local LieMax, since it's still a nice-sized screen, but the genuine IMAX is really cool. It's like watching a movie projected on the side of a building. I saw Star Trek there a few weeks ago and it awesome.

The show I did finally manage to see happened to be the non-3D one (which I didn't mind at all), but they gave me 3D glasses anyway. I think they were confused. :oldrazz:

The 3D is terrible in this movie so you didn't miss much.

Planning on seeing this bad boy one more time in theaters, but not sure what format to watch it in. Is IMAX TOO much? There's so much going on in this movie sometimes, that I get the feeling that seeing it in IMAX might be hard to take it all in.

Off to my 2nd screening tonight, expecting a packed house for the first Friday night of release.

I think people should not expect 3D like what you would see in an animated movie, the 3D in here is the depth since it's a live shot. If that even makes sense lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"