Superman Returns Man of Steel: The Official Brandon Routh Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
As for the news , good .

Knowing Singer he will do fights which are dynamics and spectacular but smart , visceral ,and suspense filled rather than video game one.

skruloos said:
Wait...I thought people were arguing Superman is supposed to be perfect. If he's perfect, then he's certainly not causing destruction of property. So which is it? Is the character flawed or is he supposed to be perfect?

Everyone is flawed!

dark_b said:
it wont look like this becaise i noticed something about singers movies. he doesnt want that WOOOW factor in hes movies. he likes quiet and simple scenes.
dark_b said:
no no . it is how he shows scenes. he shows them in a simple way.
Nightcrawler taking out the entire secret service in the White House(one of the most awesome opening sequences i've seen), Superman saving a plane and space shuttle (just to name a few) are hardly what i'd call 'simple'.If anything those are the scenes that make people go wow!

I'm interested in who Routh will work with as stunt and fight coordinators.

venom420 said:
Everyone is flawed!
If that is the case then why are there so many arguments against Superman leaving for Krypton without telling Lois? Why is he accused of invading Lois' privacy? Why is he accused of intentional murder since he knew that Luthor's goons would not be able to escape New Krypton after he threw it into space?

skruloos said:
Seems to me that Superman should try to avoid damage of public or private property.
ok then lets put it thatway.brainiac wants to destroy the whole planet. and the only way to stop him is to fight him in metropolis where some buildings will get destroyed. the people are already driving out of the city.

is that good enough? and since it is a movie they can writte what they want.

or we could have just the fight above teh watter where we see three punches and thats it. by by millions and a even lower budget for the third movie.

venom420 said:
So Lame.........
It's part of Superman's character. He wouldn't endanger the lives of civilians just because a punch looks cool. Do you understand his character?

We could always do what Dragonball Z did, have Superman fight amongst cliffs and mountains to emulate buildings.

dark_b said:
ok then lets put it thatway.brainiac wants to destroy the whole planet. and the only way to stop him is to fight him in metropolis where some buildings will get destroyed. the people are already driving out of the city.

is that good enough? and since it is a movie they can writte what they want.

or we could have just the fight above teh watter where we see three punches and thats it. by by millions and a even lower budget for the third movie.
The problem is not everyone wants a fight that is rational, a lot of the people wanting a fight just want a fight that looks cool. No people in danger? Fine. Superman can cause as much property damage as he wants.

Jasomius said:
The problem is not everyone wants a fight that is rational, a lot of the people wanting a fight just want a fight that looks cool. No people in danger? Fine. Superman can cause as much property damage as he wants.
well its not like superman would want to destroy metropolis. if brainiac is in metropolis and starts to punch superman then something will get destroy. of course after some buildings are down superman starts to fly away so that brainiac starts to folow him to the mountains. there where no peopl eare they can have the epic finale.

see ? its very simple.

and we can get both. we can see some fightinig in metroplis and some buildings get destroyed and tehn we can have the full fight in another place wherer we see big holes in the ground.

everything is possible. but if they dont want to then we will not get it. its all about what singer wants. and if he doesnt want a fight we wont get it. dont try you all to explain me that it is not possible to have a fight in those movies.

dark_b said:
well its not like superman would want to destroy metropolis. if brainiac is in metropolis and starts to punch superman then something will get destroy. of course after some buildings are down superman starts to fly away so that brainiac starts to folow him to the mountains. there where no peopl eare they can have the epic finale.
This is what I have been saying :huh:

Singer likes realism.In real life bystanders become victims all the time,so I would have no problem if he showed that in the sequel...I mean if supes is fighting someone that cant be reasoned with,and is just as strong and fast as he,how can help but ''NOT'' cause any damage??is he supposed to just stand there and die??or run away again??(S:II)..that would be far worse on the public in the long run if he didnt fight..

skruloos said:
If that is the case then why are there so many arguments against Superman leaving for Krypton without telling Lois? Why is he accused of invading Lois' privacy? Why is he accused of intentional murder since he knew that Luthor's goons would not be able to escape New Krypton after he threw it into space?

Im not among the one's arguing those points. I see nothing wrong with any of those events because there justified to me based on the occurences that led to those very scenes.

My problem lies with the general execution of the movie!!!!

Why are they even going to bother making a sequel?! seriously I mean the first one sucked and made no money to satisfyed the big dogs at WB and now they want to put more action in a sequel that's going to have a lower budget? ahhahahahha this is hilarious forget the fight scenes there going to be totaly crap besides Superman can't fight at all. So it won't be nothing like matrix revolution final battle scene. Darkseid is too high budget for the next superman movie although they could of done darkseid with the $260million dollar budget film that was wasted on lame scenes in superman returns. The only villain I see actualy working well with the kind of budget that superman returns will have is of course METALLO and PARASITE. Superman's other main bad ass villains will not work unless of course if you want them to star in the main movie i.e. BATMAN 89 (JOKER). So count of DARKSEID, BRANIAC AND DOOMSDAY. They messed up superman returns and now there trying to fix it This will be interesting oh and I hope I get to see a pissed of Superman in the next film because I am dying to see him PISSED OFF AND GO RAMBO UP IN THAT JOINT. Not depressed and pathetic like in Superman Returns. In that scene where he was getting his handed to him by luthors men I was thinking to myself "Danm they need Batman up in there".

Why?

because it will make money and the sequel has potential to make even more.because as much as you like to think that everybody has your opinion a lot of people liked it. ( and its legs also prove it ) hence there is potential to even gain a new public via dvd ( a market way more important nowdays )

besides , you know there are more imaginative ways than doing action a la matrix revolution (which sucked imo )

ps: sorry that you didn't like it.

look the budget is going to be 150 mill right? So that precludes Brainiac or some high tech or SFX heavy villain in terms of physicality... I think that's why they may go with Zod alongside Singer's love of the Donner Verse which is fine. I don't mind Zod at all personally so long as he's not campy and hammy. The other thing being, fighting in metropolis? Probably not... they'll probably fight in some desert or something or some lack luster area just to save money.

Smaller budget or not,if they dont give the public what they want in the next one,it will most likely do worse than S.R. did B.O. wise.....that means NO ZOD,at least as the main villian.They really need to think about it, if they plan on Zod as the main villian...Even people I know who arent big fans remember Zod,and they said they dont want to see him again.(I was curious so I asked them)

Maze said:
Why?

because it will make money and the sequel has potential to make even more.because as much as you like to think that everybody has your opinion a lot of people liked it. ( and its legs also prove it ) hence there is potential to even gain a new public via dvd ( a market way more important nowdays )

besides , you know there are more imaginative ways than doing action a la matrix revolution (which sucked imo )

ps: sorry that you didn't like it.

If your apologizing to me because I didn't liked it then you might as well apologize to the couple of millions of people who did not like the film at all.

dvd is an important market nowadays? ahhahahah please don't make me laugh.Piracy is going to get even bigger and bigger in the not so distant future people are always going to "DOWNLOAD" the film in dvd quality or whatever they do. Saying the dvd market is a huge market is like saying the music industry is huge you know the music industry lost a massive amount of money at the end of the fiscal year due to piracy. The sequel will not make more money if singer decides to continue the same theme and element of Superman Returns. Sounds like to me that all Singer wants to do is put more action because he believes the movie could of done better if it had more action and he will still have to continue the love story that Superman returns left off in. Superman Returns is the foundation of the Superman trilogy if he decides to make a trilogy.Honestly I truly believe there's no saving the Superman franchise now because they should of made a remake I mean come on $260million dollar budget you could of done a remake instead of a sequel to a film that's way out of this generation. The only way I see superman being saved is by making a remake although it's too late for that. We can all thank singer for destroying the franchise. X-men 1 and 2 were good yes it was but X-men 1 was modernized, Superman Returns setting and characters felt so out of touch and outdated. Lex luthor wants to create a new planet for world domination? That sounds like pinky and the brain.

Do you understand what I'm saying?

Here's the short version:

They should of never done a sequel to a film that's outdated, They should of remake the first film with todays problems and issues more like what the Batman franchise did. Forget about the last 4 movies and they made a kick ass remake which is known and loved by many critics and audiences as BATMAN BEGINS.

P.S. I think that the reason that marvel films makes more money than DC comic films is because marvel films are either heavily based on theatrical cgi special effects or Balanced well with SUBSTANCE AND ACTION.

Dc comics films are only usualy based well on SUBSTANCE OVER ANYTHING ELSE. People love action it gets them pumped..

saint sinner x said:
If your apologizing to me because I didn't liked it then you might as well apologize to the couple of millions of people who did not like the film at all.
And i assume that you are not happy for the millions who liked it?

ahh yes everybody ,but some ,hated is that it?;)

The thing is yup i'm sorry for you and other who have not liked the movie.. i don't wish a poor time at the movie for anybody.

but guess what? People have different taste..

so Superman Returns is not consensual yes. It didn't make Spiderman score , yes ..the majority didn't want to see Superman anyways ..You say that's Singer faut? i don't agree. imo , Singer or not ,they don't care about the character anymore ..Spiderman is the new kids on the block as are cynical pirates and mutants .we live in a different era.talking to a lot of different people well before the movie release ,it was very clear ,to me that even if it was the greatest movie of all time it would not make Spiderman money.

Singer or not ,Superman has the image of a perfect hero people don't believe in that anymore.for them he is unreleatable..boring...

Now,the people who liked and/or understood the movie know that that Superman is deeply human ..that's why i believe now that the word is out , the franchise has the potential to make a lot more bucks ( and in doing more action ,obviously, gain THAT other public )

dvd is an important market nowadays? ahhahahah please don't make me laugh.Piracy is going to get even bigger and bigger in the not so distant future people are always going to "DOWNLOAD" the film in dvd quality or whatever they do.
Say ,that to the buyers of the king kong dvd ( another film who was considered a flop by some people before dvd )

Sounds like to me that all Singer wants to do is put more action because he believes the movie could of done better if it had more action and he will still have to continue the love story that Superman returns left off in
Nope ,he has been saying well before the verdict was out on the box office that now that he had established the characters ,he wanted to do a more action packed sequel..sound to me the treatement that he gave to X2.

They should of never done a sequel to a film that's outdated, They should of remake the first film with todays problems and issues more like what the Batman franchise did. Forget about the last 4 movies and they made a kick ass remake which is known and loved by many critics and audiences as BATMAN BEGINS.
No problem , but that's your opinion and imo you're wrong...if like the Batman of the Burton era Superman had not really an origin film who was that good , i would agree.

For a lot of people , it has been told ..and in a great manner.

Singer did what he felt he had to do and i agree with his choices ( even if i have or two things to say about the editing departement , and the acting of Routh at the beginning of Sr ) and like prove its legs , different polls , People liked Sr , not on pirates scales but they did , and critics too.And a lot other didn't ..

We'll see what will be the score on the sequel ,now that it did gain a public and with what Singer want to do now ;)

saint sinner x said:
P.S. I think that the reason that marvel films makes more money than DC comic films is because marvel films are either heavily based on theatrical cgi special effects or Balanced well with SUBSTANCE AND ACTION.

Dc comics films are only usualy based well on SUBSTANCE OVER ANYTHING ELSE. People love action it gets them pumped..
Yup like X3?

let's not debate about the taste of the majority ..it's a debate for another board.

but , you're right the majorityy like X3 , and piratess etc.

So? good for them :yay: and Batman Begins the movie that is considered arguably the best CBM (and one of the finest one imo )make less money..;)

Bottom line : you 're right ..now personnaly if a movie justify to have more action , good , if not whatever..

I just care about a good movie :)

If Master Routh wants more fighting, than I'm cool.

SUPER AWESOME, A Super smack down fight against a super villian [BRAINIAC]

Brandon seems a very cool guy and is someone that i thought played a great Superman, i hope we get at least another 2 movies with him in the role. Cant wait for SR2, Singer will make it great i know it.

Singer's X-Men fight scenes (Wolvie versus Mystique/Wolvie versus Deathstrike/Wolvie versus Sabertooth) are actually similar to the good fight scenes in Superman 2 (Superman versus Zod and co.) and Superman 3 (Superman versus Evil Superman).

They all have that "let's take turns of exchanging blows" style - punch, reaction, pause, wait for person to get up, punch back, reaction, pause, get up and repeat...it's not like frenetic fight scenes choreographed like Donnie Yen or Woo Ping Yuen. Both styles are fine with me as long as Superman exchanges blows with someone....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
monke77
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"