Man Of Steel Tie-In Comic *GIRL OF STEEL CONFIRMED*

Brit Marling for Supergirl. She has a perfect look for it, and she's a great actress. Very good at playing otherworldly characters (check out Sound of My Voice).

brit-628_zpsc228bf91.jpg

brit-marling_zps6b556caf.jpg

She looks like Cavill. I could see them being related.

perfect age too just 29 i doubt wb would want a real young super girl

Just some random musings. Finished the comic, definitely a good read :up:

It's possible Kara could've gone into one of the nutrient cryo-sleep pods as the ship crashed. It'd basically serve the same function as an airbag, only it'd have to be deflated (read "deactivated") from the inside.

Plus, given that the pods seem to preserve the people inside, she'll retain her age. The question is why would the Jor-El AI (yes, I'm pro-Jor-El dying, sue me :argh:) not reveal Kara's presence on the ship?

We obviously know that, since this ship IS the Fortress of Solitude that it left Krypton AT LEAST 5-7 years before it's destruction. Therefore Jor-El and Lara must have stayed behind after launching Kal-El into space.

Maybe Jor-El followed the Codex signature of Kara's explorer ship to the Sol system (by the way, how would the Kryptonians know that our system would be called the "Sol system"? Were they already aware of human life on Earth and simply adopted the name for the sake of convenience?) so that's how he knew to send Kal-El along that trajectory?

By the way, Brit Marling? Yowza :hrt: :awesome:

Great comic read and I'm glad that Kara is in the MOS universe. If Man of Steel does well at the box office, I think we may have a pretty good idea on what the sequel will be about with Kara. Having David Goyer write the comic is a huge plus since he wrote the Man of Steel movie.

I wonder if down the line if future MOS movies will touch on Superman's US citizenship issues since Goyer wrote that in Action Comics #900.

I am pleasantly surprised by all this Kara/Supergirl news. I didn't think she would be blatantly tied in like that. Although, if it's set up in the prequel comic, then they may just leave it at that and not deal with Supergirl in the movies until they feel it is time? (So there would be no need to mention her in MOS?)

Id rather see myxyzptlk in this universe than supergirl.

Yeah, a silly, very comic-booky villain is better than Kal-El's cousin. :whatever:

I would rather see Kara in a Justice League movie, they could adapt the "Superman/Batman: Supergirl" story, it would be insanely epic and very emotional.

[YT]TXazQNU2GlA[/YT]

Regarding the use of "Sol" in reference to our solar system, let's have a little fun and go through the process of reverse-Kryptonian linguistics, shall we? :cwink: I'll also post this in my "Kryptonian Thread" for the sake of convenience.

I'll use my translation of the Kryptonian text from DSRW

8xuf51.jpg

as a template. Bear in mind this is ALL HYPOTHETICAL, based on conjectures made from Kryptonian names (family, personal, and common nouns i.e. "H'Raka") as well as my own imaginative philological attempts at a reverse transliteration.

So, using the phrase Hóxh vurk'tā síyktā edeag (my interpretation of the "You are not alone" text) coupled with H'Raka, Kelex, Kelor, Dev-Em, Zor, Jor, Elsi, Dar-Enx, Syra Ten-Ar, Rao, etc., I can infer some patterns amid the apparent "chaos", and assuming that the Kryptonians did indeed know of human life on Earth and (presumably) intercepted one or both of the Voyager "golden phonographs", I can safely assume that their variant of "Sol" being phonologically similar wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility.

However, since I never assume that it isn't "that simple," and since Kryptonian is a language far more ancient and homogenous than any human language, and for the sake of adding a little "flavor", let's assume that their approximation of "Sol" would be Xhaó, with a pronunciation of "K'shay-OH".

EDIT: I arrived at the final form Xhaó, based on Rao (which I assume will be pronounced "ROW" in the film)..I assume the -ao phoneme as being Kr. "star"

:woot:

Brit Marling was great in Arbitrage but I've yet to see Another Earth. I've been meaning to for a while now.

It's possible Kara could've gone into one of the nutrient cryo-sleep pods as the ship crashed. It'd basically serve the same function as an airbag, only it'd have to be deflated (read "deactivated") from the inside.

Plus, given that the pods seem to preserve the people inside, she'll retain her age. The question is why would the Jor-El AI (yes, I'm pro-Jor-El dying, sue me :argh:) not reveal Kara's presence on the ship?

We obviously know that, since this ship IS the Fortress of Solitude that it left Krypton AT LEAST 5-7 years before it's destruction. Therefore Jor-El and Lara must have stayed behind after launching Kal-El into space.

Maybe Jor-El followed the Codex signature of Kara's explorer ship to the Sol system (by the way, how would the Kryptonians know that our system would be called the "Sol system"? Were they already aware of human life on Earth and simply adopted the name for the sake of convenience?) so that's how he knew to send Kal-El along that trajectory?

By the way, Brit Marling? Yowza :hrt: :awesome:

How you read the comic?????where???

I read the comic. Still getting over how much Kara is being tied in to the story. The comic was pretty good. It was very modern, what with multiracial young people in Krypton, the way they talk with each other, interact etc. I agree that it is very Earth-like,

I am curious as to where they are going with all this. ie. when will we get answers to the story.

Kind of adjusting to this new origin now. Guess it's goodbye to Argo City floating around somewhere (I guess there's always the Supergirl movie with Helen Slater for that!)

well for one i dont think any good young white actress fits ww like some fans apparently

i have seen all of her work and she doesn't fit WW personality wise and honestly she just does'nt scream amazon her looks don't stand out she has a very generic blonde look

perfect for kara but not WW

well for one i dont think any good young white actress fits ww like some fans apparently

i have seen all of her work and she doesn't fit WW personality wise and honestly she just does'nt scream amazon her looks don't stand out she has a very generic blonde look

perfect for kara but not WW

she's an actor. to say she doesn't fit personality wise is kinda oxymoronic. particularly when there aren't many other roles that can be compared to wondy. as far as her look, i don't think a lot of actress that haven been brought up seem all that amazonic and look just as generic. besides, didn't you get on some guy in the wondy thread who wanted a more exotic looking diana?

Having Supergirl isn't exactly implying a shared universe. I mean, Supergirl IS a Superman character and heavily tied into the mythos.

A shared universe is implied in the comic. Thangar is mentioned by a Kryptonian council member.

Seeing as how Goyer and Snyder were involved with this, I'd say a shared movie universe is imminent, unless the comic isn't canon. At the moment, it is.

Can somebody post a synposis / plot / outline of the comic please. Thanks

Can somebody post a synposis / plot / outline of the comic please. Thanks

Here is a quick summary:

Kara and a group of other young pilots-in-training are in the Kryptonian jungle, retrieving beacons as part of their terraform training. They have to learn to deal with an alien planet's harsh environment. But only four of the people in the group will be chosen to take on the expedition upon graduation. Dev-Em is a member of the group. When they split up, Dev-Em kills one of the other people, Kell, who is Kara's friend/love interest, in order to increase his chances of being chosen. Kara battles with Dev-Em and has him arrested for murder. Murder is rare on Krypton, and Dev is sentenced to death. Kara graduates and soon takes off in one of the scout ships. The whole fleet of ships take off to explore and help Krypton "expand". Each scout ship has a "Growth Codex" that will allow them to let the stored embryos grow into full-grown Kryptonians and help them terraform the land.

Kara and her team go to sleep in their sleep pods for the many years of travel. Kara wakes up and sees that everyone has already left their pod. She sees that the others are dead, and sees Dev-Em on the ship, alive. He was freed by council members who opposed the death penalty. He stowed away on the ship and woke up the others to access food, and killed them soon after when they were of no use. He then alters the course to the "Sol System" -our system. The ship is headed to Earth. Kara and Dev-Em battle, now with much stronger powers, and cause the ship to crash in the snow on Earth. A figure is seen leaving the ship. We then see an Inuit tribe in Canada in their hut, with a drawing of the ship crashing and the S symbol on their wall.

In present day, a signal under the ice (ice shelves thousands of years old) is picked up by mission control and they wonder who it is trying to signal. It cuts to Clark working on the Alaskan fishing boat.

Last edited:

I was just thinking and agree:

You're right, it might be Kara who is preserved under the ice, and Dev-Em who is seen leaving, since he is the one in the movie. And Kara can be "asleep" until needed, but not having aged.

As for Jor-El, it's hard enough to figure out what his role in the movie, let alone how it relates to Kara. But maybe we'll get some answers/it makes more sense soon.

There's also the possibilty of more Kryptonians with the "Growth Codex" in the ship, I guess. We do see those pods in the behind the scenes shot of Clark in the ship.

9zggd5z.jpg

Last edited:
A shared universe is implied in the comic. Thangar is mentioned by a Kryptonian council member.

Seeing as how Goyer and Snyder were involved with this, I'd say a shared movie universe is imminent, unless the comic isn't canon. At the moment, it is.

Nobody had mentioned anything about Thanagar at the time that I posted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"