Super Mario Mario Kart 7

SuperSoldier985

That's Funny
Reaction score
Mario_Kart_7_Box-525x466.jpg

It's out now!

Post your reactions, thoughts, comments, and feedback.

I'm about to pick my copy up now during my lunch break. :D

Wow, I played a little bit while in the car (I just coincidentally brought my 3DS with me today) and the game looks damn good. The 3D is really clear and well placed and the graphics are damn near Wii quality.

why cant they get another release of this for the wii :mad:

Mario Karts have always been one per generation/per system.

Its the same old same old. This game uses the 3D very well (Mario 3D Land using it the best). None of the new items really up'd the ante, and they took away the Mega Mushroom :argh::argh:

You're still punished for playing well. It wouldn't be Mario Kart if 1st place wasn't bombarded by at least three blue shells, two lightning bolts, and plenty of red shells.

The courses are either EXTREMELY AWESOME or extremely meh. No in between. Courses like Daisy Hills, Wario Shipyard, even this games Bowser Castle weren't all that exciting, then on the flipside you had some great course, beautiful tracks, challenging courses with the likes of this game's Rainbow Road (maybe the best yet? Close call...Double Dash's RR was HOTNESS fun), Neo Bowser City (I did NOT expect a Bowser themed track to look like THAT...they even remixed the Toad's Turnpike theme!!!), the surprisingly good Mii-themed/Wii Resorts-themed Wuhu courses, and as always, as every Mario Kart needs that "really? Totally Brilliant, Original, FUN:awesome:" course (as Waluigi Pinball was to DS, Baby Park was to Double Dash...) this game offers up Music Park, the best course IMO in the entire game.

I really liked how some of the courses didn't loop but instead where continuous. You started at A and the course would stretch alllllll the way to B. There wasn't a circuit, but a grand tour style race. Sadly there are I think about only three in the game (and all three were some of the better tracks).

I hate how Mario Kart game make you play all the tracks (32 in all) three times each (50C, 100C, & 150C) before you can unlock Mirror Mode. The 50 and 100Cs are so BORING, while 150C is where its at. If only we could JUST complete the game's courses on its highest difficulty (150C) to unlock Mirror Mode and be done with it.

Haven't experienced any of the other modes; Multiplayer, Wifi, Battle, etc. Also haven't tinkered around with the Kart customization (I just stick with the default combinations).

Its pretty much just Mario Kart all over again. If you love this franchise, nothing will disappoint you here. I'm happy I have my special track here. I :hrt: Music Park.

So what features should they bring over to the next Mario Kart from 7?

So I bought Sonic and Sega All-Stars Racing Transformed on Steam a few days ago and I've been playing the hell out of it. It's super awesome and I highly recommend any Mario Kart fans give it a try. Anyway, playing it and having such a great time with it got me thinking about what I would want out of a new Mario Kart. How would you guys feel if Nintendo ditched the traditional Mario Kart thing and incorporated ALL of Nintendo into it Smash Bros-style? Personally I would be completely on board.

I remember someone suggesting this with Link, Zelda, Ganondorf, Samus, Ridley, Fox, Falco, Slippy as some unlockable characters. Of course, it was met with negative chastising, "Mario Kart should stay strictly Mario" or "It's MARIO Kart not Nintendo Kart, lol". :whatever: I like the idea if done well.

I had this game, but I ended up trading it in. Something about it just didn't thrill me. Maybe it's because it was more of the same, or maybe it's because using the shoulder buttons when you have large hands with the 3DS was extremely painful.

I had this game, but I ended up trading it in. Something about it just didn't thrill me. Maybe it's because it was more of the same, or maybe it's because using the shoulder buttons when you have large hands with the 3DS was extremely painful.

You should consider getting a 3DS XL.

You should consider getting a 3DS XL.

I'm saving for one right now. Been super broke lately so it's at the bottom of my priority list. I find the original 3DS an absolute nightmare on my hands.

I'm saving for one right now. Been super broke lately so it's at the bottom of my priority list. I find the original 3DS an absolute nightmare on my hands.

I had a regular 3DS, but sold it & with the cash I got from it got myself an XL.

These are the exact reasons why I played Mario Kart 7 less than other Mario Karts. Mario Kart is usually just the same old same old, been there done that.

Plus, like you, drifting while trying to hold the shoulder button to keep an item dragged behind me is a b&^%$ on the 3DS...never had this problem with the DS (Mario Kart DS).

Plus, like you, drifting while trying to hold the shoulder button to keep an item dragged behind me is a b&^%$ on the 3DS...never had this problem with the DS (Mario Kart DS).

I couldn't do it. It hurt my hand too much. I bought Mario Kart 7 because I wanted a casual game I could just pop in and play for a few, but the awkwardness of the shoulder buttons was just too obnoxious to deal with. I traded it in towards Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D

just slightly off topic(causeit's not a video game) but still deal's with the mario kart series as we know it and some people will have fun with this.

Reviews

Mario Kart Wii RC Kart Review

Victor and Scott race around with Mario Kart
MultipleReviews

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija