The Dark Knight Rises Marion Cotillard as Miranda Tate VII (Team Frenchie Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The fact that ANYONE is hitching a ride on the "Talia sucks" bandwagon is what's not surprising.

I like to mess with The Joker. I didn't mean that he WAS going to hate it no matter what, but I meant the mere fact that not everybody would like this movie and/or Marion's performance.

:hehe:

The fact that ANYONE is hitching a ride on the "Talia sucks" bandwagon is what's not surprising.

Once again I ask why. There was no major opposition to Talia's being in it prior to this. On the contrary Cottiard's inclusion in the movie was met with overwhelming positivity. As opposed to Hathaway being cast for Catwoman, who got a lot of opposition and now she's getting a lot of positive feedback.

So why is it no surprise so many think Cottiard's wasted or a weak link in this?

I like to mess with The Joker.

It's a pity you're not very good at it.

I didn't mean that he WAS going to hate it no matter what, but I meant the mere fact that not everybody would like this movie and/or Marion's performance.

So are you going to post that for every negative comment made against the movie? "You didn't like it. No surprise".

I'm sorry but I don't buy your reason at all. I think you were just annoyed there's another anti Marion related opinion to add to the long list.

Last edited:
I had kind of hoped that Catwoman and Taila would have been in the franchise from the start, and evolved over three films.

But no...we got Rachel Dawes.

Yayyy.

Once again I ask why. There was no major opposition to Talia's being in it prior to this. On the contrary Cottiard's inclusion in the movie was met with overwhelming positivity. As opposed to Hathaway being cast for Catwoman, who got a lot of opposition and now she's getting a lot of positive feedback.

So why is it no surprise so many think Cottiard's wasted or a weak link in this?

It's a pity you're not very good at it.

So are you going to post that for every negative comment made against the movie? "You didn't like it. No surprise".

I'm sorry but I don't buy your reason at all. I think you were just annoyed there's another anti Marion related opinion to add to the long list.

Says the man who pops in once in a while to ask "is she really wasted" long before he himself has seen it.

If you don't believe me, okay. :funny:

The role of Miranda Tate for example probably could have been left out, and the film most likely wouldn’t have suffered for it.

http://bigfanboy.com/wp/?p=14929

Says the man who pops in once in a while to ask "is she really wasted" long before he himself has seen it.

I know, shocking isn't it to see a fan ask his fellow fans their opinions. It never happens here at all.

Did you see me asking "IS JGL DA RUBIN" or "IS HE REALLY NO GOODIE"? constantly or, about Marion "SHE WILL BE LOVED SHE SHALL BE GREAT SHE IS THE BEST I'LL KILL YA IF YOU DON'T AGREE".

You made your point, I'll move on.

Did you see me asking "IS JGL DA RUBIN" or "IS HE REALLY NO GOODIE"? constantly or, about Marion "SHE WILL BE LOVED SHE SHALL BE GREAT SHE IS THE BEST I'LL KILL YA IF YOU DON'T AGREE".

I'm sorry, I didn't know your posting habits was the grand example we all had to follow.

You made your point, I'll move on.

I really hope so because I have a gut feeling the wasted Marion opinions won't stop coming.

If you've been doing the same style of posting ever since you came here... bravo. IF I happen to not like her character/performance, I'll happily admit it. Will you do the same for the opposite? I doubt it.

And I never said my posting is the way to go. Stop trolling. You only want to get a reaction so that I get a warning and maybe banned. It's enough.

I had kind of hoped that Catwoman and Taila would have been in the franchise from the start, and evolved over three films.

But no...we got Rachel Dawes.

Yayyy.

No...just, no.

I actually thought Tate could have been kept in the film. It's another character that frankly sucked the lifeblood out of many characters [BLACKOUT]and added absolutely NOTHING to the trilogy[/BLACKOUT]. Like Selina, Tate suffered from a lack of character development.

If you've been doing the same style of posting ever since you came here... bravo.

If you mean posting review excerpts, and asking other fans their opinions, yes I've been doing that since 2003. Never had any complaints so far. Why should I?

IF I happen to not like her character/performance, I'll happily admit it. Will you do the same for the opposite? I doubt it.

You can doubt me all you like. I've never been biased against a character if they were used well.

And I never said my posting is the way to go. Stop trolling. You only want to get a reaction so that I get a warning and maybe banned. It's enough.

I'm not trying to get you in trouble. You're the one who openly admitted "I like messing with The Joker". You could get yourself in trouble for that for acting like a stirrer. You have been kicking up a fuss ever since I started posting various reviewers opinions about Marion's role.

You are essentially doing what's called shooting the messenger. I've never gotten anyone banned, especially over something as trivial as this. If you were being a nuisance I'd just get a moderator in here, show them your posts, and ask them to tell you to knock it off.

No...just, no.

Why? You have issues with Talia being involved in a story featuring Ra's Al Ghul and showing up again in a story where Ra's influence is felt, and Selina Kyle being part of the Batman mythos from an earlier point in time?

Just saw the movie:

For me, Miranda was just...there, really. Didn't really care about the betrayal because I didnt really care about the Bruce/Talia relationship. It was definitely underdeveloped/rushed. It sucks because I still think Bale and Cotillard have good chemistry, it just wasn't utilized properly here. Marion did her best with what she had.

I thought the "She's really Talia" thing was ******** until the stab. Surprised me. It was after then I found her even more sexy. :woot:
Oh, Marion. You're so pretty. :hrt:

Meh. There are some nice moments. She does what she can with what she has to work with, until
She dies, at which point Cotillard forgets how to act

Huh, I thought her acting was fine in that scene.

It was definitely a weird feeling...

... being one of the few people in the theater not shocked by her betrayal of Bruce. Price of being a comic book geek, I suppose. I knew it was coming, and the suspicions were confirmed long before that moment. Once Bruce shows Miranda the reactor, then Miranda takes control of Wayne Enterprises, and then Bane says everything's going according to plan? C'mon.

Lol and I asked

Is it hinted at before that she's actually Talia?

And someone said clearly no. :wow:

Surprisingly, in that crucial seen I did get somewhat emotional... But mostly cuz of bales reaction. But I will say I think they wasted some great potential with her. Thought her and bale had good chemistry and if they'd have developed it more.. The payoff could've been huge.

Meh. There are some nice moments. She does what she can with what she has to work with, until
She dies, at which point Cotillard forgets how to act
I didn't notice anything bad there.

Is it true that
Bruce's reaction to her reveal is very heartbroken + she has all of a sudden a dead stare in her eyes? full of anger?

Is it true that
Bruce's reaction to her reveal is very heartbroken + she has all of a sudden a dead stare in her eyes? full of anger?

I think it's the shock that gets him rather than the idea of being heartbroken.

And yeah, pretty icey

Hm, must've been not too difficult, as Marion already has icy eyes. Beautiful, but...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"