The Dark Knight Rises Marion Cotillard as Miranda Tate VIII (Team Frenchie Edition)

On another note; here's a question for anyone interesting in answering:

If Chris hadn't included Selina into TDKR, thus resulting in Talia being the predominant female character of the film, but was insisted that Bruce end up with someone at the end, would Talia (if written differently obviously) have been a feasible choice based on the circumstances regarding on how Bruce was responsible for her father's death?

I think so especially if she finally understands the circumstances surrounding it. If she does something in the beginning that's a villainy (but will be redeemed in the end) then that kinda makes her and Bruce even. :p

Liar liar pants on fire. :lmao:

I remember the original video. Glad it was followed up.

IDGAF they look pretty together. :hrt:

imageuqrj.jpg

Bigger:
0a399736.jpg

Last edited:
I think so especially if she finally understands the circumstances surrounding it. If she does something in the beginning that's a villainy (but will be redeemed in the end) then that kinda makes her and Bruce even. :p

lol; if we had gotten a more comics accurate version of their relationship, we might have gotten something like this instead:

jkdvP.jpg

Do you guys think Talia had a plan in taking Bruce Wayne to the Pit before Bane broke the Bat?

After they slept together, Miranda mentioned they should go somewhere in her plane...do you think Talia had a plan in getting Bruce cozy with her then leave Gotham City with him maybe?

Perhaps that was when Talia would reveal herself to Bruce in the Pit as the plan was still to have Bruce suffer as he watch Gotham break down with false hope.

Last edited:
i saw the dead scene of thalia again,and when i saw it the second time,i didnt mind it at all actually.nothing wrong with it.it was just short.

Talia: the making of a psychopath.

Last edited:
I was watching Inception today, and I realized that to Nolan, Talia might be some dark mirror of Rachel.

Inception deals with many of the same existential ideas, and then Nolan uses the same actors in many places to convey those ideas. JGL is the sidekick. Cillian Murphy is a weasel. Michael Caine is a moral father figure. Ellen page is a similar looking girl to Anne Hathaway and calls the main character on a lot of his ****. The main Character has lost a woman he loves and cannot let go of the grief and guilt so he gives into a dark shade that constantly stabs him in the back until he lets go of his guilt.

the only one is different is Tom Hardy.

It looks like Marion offered several takes of the infamous death scene. Sounds like the talk about that scene reached even them. :funny: It does make me wonder though if Marion was unhappy with how she was painted in that scene and if it means that she won't work with Nolan again (assuming of course that Nolan wants to work with her again). And funny that he mentioned that Mila looks like Marion because I remember a lot of people noticing too that Mila looks like a younger Marion Cotillard.

Interview with Guillaume Canet (Marion's boyfriend and director of Blood Ties) from the Dec/Jan French issue of Premiere Magazine:

She is a great actress, capable of opening her guts without asking questions. She has an unusual generosity which for me is the mark of a great talent in an actor. Cluzet’s the same. They don’t care about their image and don’t hesitate to take risks. This whole story about the scene where Marion’s character dies in The Dark Knight Rises is absolutely not her fault. It’s Nolan’s, who should have used another take. She offered him a multitude of options, and this one is the one he chose… I find it super brave of an actor to offer as many different tracks to a director. After that, it’s his job to be vigilant when faced with his film at the editing stage.

Mila Kunis arrived last on the film. I wanted someone fragile, but with character. A tough woman. They are girls who are fully integrated into this environment and living as the character of Marion, who is a prostitute or young women who watch these gangsters with a mixture of fascination and fear. I also found that she had a resemblance to Marion, very interesting considering the dilemma Clive Owen’s character’s facing, who messed up a first life with the woman played by Marion and risks repeating the same pattern with another after his release from prison.

http://marion-cotillard.org/news-rumours/blood-ties-french-release-date-on-set-pics

Last edited:
Despite Miranda Tate being a bit underdeveloped as a character, Talia's death scene is really the only blemish on the performance. Other than that, Cotillard does a very solid job, flourishing in scenes like Talia's reveal.

The reveal was amazing. It's one of my favorite scenes in the movie. :up:

I was watching Cotillard's scenes on DVD today. (Unsurprisingly, she dubbed herself in the French audio track.) I switched to the French dub, and her performance was subtly different just in her native tongue. More comfortable and a bit more mysterious.

It felt weird hearing her Parisian voice mixed in with the Quebecois-French actors', though.

I actually really like Talia, when she tells Batman about failing and watching the city burn and she walks off and goes into the tumbler, I love those shots.

The more times i see the movie , more i like the character and what Marion did with her.

Despite Miranda Tate being a bit underdeveloped as a character, Talia's death scene is really the only blemish on the performance. Other than that, Cotillard does a very solid job, flourishing in scenes like Talia's reveal.

The reveal was amazing. It's one of my favorite scenes in the movie. :up:

Agreed. Cotillard just nails that scene. :up:

But yeah, her character is underdevelopped. I think I would've liked to have seen a more fleshed-out relationship between her and Bruce, maybe even have her actually develop feelings for him, making her conflicted as a result. But I guess there really wasn't any time for that. As it is, she's just kind of there being all 'lovely' and such. :woot:

The only thing that bugs me about Talia is her backstory monologue after her reveal, after watching it several times, that part I'm like, okay let's move on... but after that I love it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"