The Dark Knight Rises Marion Cotillard as Miranda Tate VIII (Team Frenchie Edition)

Yeah, their "love" wasn't romantic at all. It was as her protector, etc. that gif is just stupid, and really not that funny to be honest.

Going by what I've seen on tumblr, you're right lmao.

Don't forget the fanfics too.

But yeah Tumblr has so many GIFs of the two as lovers. :lmao:

For such a secretive movie that spoiler got out remarkably easy. So, yeah I think it was careless if they were so adamant to keep it a surprise. They failed miserably.

Except the vast majority(I.e. greater than 90 percent) of moviegoers had no idea it was coming. They "failed miserably" only to those who spent every waking hour two years before the movie came out every day looking for spoilers. I'd hardly say they failed miserably, you had to actively seek out that spoiler to find out about it.

"His only crime was that he loved me."

o_O

Young Talia + Adult Bane = Not happy Ra's al Ghul

I would think this would be a bigger problem than Bane simply reminding Ra's of the pit prison his wife was put into.

For such a secretive movie that spoiler got out remarkably easy. So, yeah I think it was careless if they were so adamant to keep it a surprise. They failed miserably.

From what I recall, their error was one of timing. They actually had tarps up and in place, which obscured everything from view, but they didn't get these up until a bit into shooting. The shoot was very early, and they started (most likely trying to capture the light) before fully blocking everything, thinking that no one would be out at that hour snapping photos. By the time they did indeed cover themselves up, it was already too late.

Again, I'm just going by memory here, but I definitely recall the shoot being blocked off, with the Marion photos snagged before all of the obstructions were in place. I also remember some of the Pittsburgh ninjas claiming that Nolan was upset when he found out that photos were captured before their precautions were put in place. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong though; this was a year ago, and my memory's foggy.

Either way, definitely a mistake on their part to not completely ensure privacy.

"His only crime was that he loved me."

o_O

Young Talia + Adult Bane = Not happy Ra's al Ghul

I would think this would be a bigger problem than Bane simply reminding Ra's of the pit prison his wife was put into.

No wonder Ra's was shipping Talia with Bruce. :oldrazz:

But was it really a huge mistake? I mean think about it. It's a "mistake" to people like us who scour boards like this looking for every little detail. But to the general moviegoing public? Nah, hardly at all. Our perception is skewed. The normal human being simply does not go looking for set pics on the new batman movie a year in advance. And even if they did, even if they saw it, they wouldn't really grasp what they were lookIng at.

FWIW, those pics were taken by the paparazzi and posted at most gossip sites like Just Jared so it wasn't limited to just the hardcore fans at the Batboards. Those pics were discussed and heavily speculated on at various general movie sites like THR and EW.

Like I said, the majority of the movie going public wouldn't even know what they were looking at.. Oh, marion cotillard surrounded by soldiers? Cool. That's about what they would think. Most people had no clue. That's a fact. Nolan only "screwed up" with the hardcore fans in reality.

^ Having seen the film multiple times with members purely of the GA - they freaked at the twist when it came about - I totally agree, the indiscretion on set wasn't a huge deal. However, as kvz said, it's not like we were the only ones to see the photos. They were all over the net, and while the majority probably won't know the gravity of what they're looking at, they're still looking at it. That said, these photos surfaced basically an entire year before the film hit, so for that majority, it probably escaped their mind completely.

As a simple analogy though, and SPOILERS FOR THE PRESTIGE (although if you haven't seen it, I have nothing further to say to you... :o), imagine that if early into the shooting of The Prestige, we got photos of Bale on set in his Fallon garb. And then, simply running a story about Bale shooting his newest film, The Hollywood Reporter uses those pictures. And then other film sites pick them up. And so on and so forth. By the time the film rolls around, sure, people might forget they saw Bale in a wig, glasses, etc., but it was still out there, and available to all. Ultimately, it would all depend on how closely you're watching :-)woot:) this stuff.

Damn you batman11! You spoiled The Prestige for me! :argh: :cmad:

Exactly. And I agree. And I've seen the film 3 times and all 3 times when talia stabs him there's an audible gasp in the air. Of course If one knows the history of the comics to the last detail and went looking for these things, they could figure it out. But the fact is us that the twist worked in a big way for the majority of people.

Except the vast majority(I.e. greater than 90 percent) of moviegoers had no idea it was coming. They "failed miserably" only to those who spent every waking hour two years before the movie came out every day looking for spoilers. I'd hardly say they failed miserably, you had to actively seek out that spoiler to find out about it.

Actively seek it? Bull ****. It was on every major movie news website (some not being courteous enough to put it under spoiler tags) and got thrown around facebook virtually instantly, it wasn't exactly hard to come across it even if you were trying to avoid everything about the movie. First time I saw it was purely by accident. So no, not every one was 'seeking spoilers' as you so claim.

Damn you batman11! You spoiled The Prestige for me! :argh: :cmad:

34oveav.gif

But the fact is us that the twist worked in a big way for the majority of people.

I was never disputing this. A friend of mine nearly jumped out of her chair. :up: :funny:

Actively seek it? Bull ****. It was on every major movie news website (some not being courteous enough to put it under spoiler tags) and got thrown around facebook virtually instantly, it wasn't exactly hard to come across it even if you were trying to avoid everything about the movie. First time I saw it was purely by accident. So no, not every one was 'seeking spoilers' as you so claim.

So you think that the twist was known by the majority of people going into the movie? Really? Is that really what your gonna pretend just because you knew and were underwhelmed? ******** man. Thats all I'm arguing.. And most people like I said even if they saw it they'd literally have no clue what they were looking at.. Cotillard surrounded by soldiers?? Cool. That's it. Maybe in your little circle people may have known, but there's no way the majority of people who went to see this for the first time had any clue. You think the millions of people who saw tdkr were actively seeking this info out a year before release? No. Just no.

I just mean if someone knows talia.. Goes looking for set pics, etc, sees her in that uniform getting into the tumbler, they may figure it out, whereas someone who has no clue about talia, just sees Marion cotillard surrounded by soldiers, and says "oh cool, she's in the new batman, being taken hostage" or whatever.

So you think that the twist was known by the majority of people going into the movie? Really? Is that really what your gonna pretend just because you knew and were underwhelmed? ******** man. Thats all I'm arguing.. And most people like I said even if they saw it they'd literally have no clue what they were looking at.. Cotillard surrounded by soldiers?? Cool. That's it. Maybe in your little circle people may have known, but there's no way the majority of people who went to see this for the first time had any clue. You think the millions of people who saw tdkr were actively seeking this info out a year before release? No. Just no.

Where the **** did I say any such thing? Go back and read what I wrote on the previous page. **** me dead.

Where the **** did I say any such thing? Go back and read what I wrote on the previous page. **** me dead.
Both of you need to cool your jets.

I assume your point was you didn't have to be actively seeking spoilers to find out about talia.,fair enough... But for the major majority of the films Audience, they didn't find it or even I'd they did like I said had no clue what they were looking at., regardless I apologize if I misunderstood what you meant.

Are people using that dumb "Oh, you guys just didnt like it cause you knew about it already, the general audience liked it so There" argument?

Some people continue to miss the point. What a silly strawman argument.

Yeah, we knew about plenty of other spoilers that we loved when we saw the movie. Why would the Talia thing be any different? Nobody was expecting to be surprised.

It was the handling of the character. Bland and under developed as Tate, and brief and pointless as Talia.

I was sure that Talia was going to be revealed later, but I was still totally onboard with the whole "Bane is the son of Ra's" thing, even with Bane's comments that he "didn't see the sun until he was already a man", even when we learn that the child had a protector (which didn't really sink in until the second viewing). I guess the first time around I thought the protector was Ra's. I think. It's hard to keep track with these Nolan mysteries.

Since they made such a big deal about Bane, then made such a big deal about the child, of course most of us figured they were one in the same. So it wasn't until the eleventh hour reveal when we realized :doh they never said the child was a boy.

So I gotta hand it to Nolan on this one. Kinda reminds me of the Green Goblin mystery on "Spectacular Spider-Man" where even the die-hard fans had no idea.

I don't even like to think about Talia and Bane as lovers because here, he's significantly older, and that's just icky. He knew her as a child, and he was already a man. So yeah, friendzoned.
he was around 10 years older. this is icky?

because they filmed her walking to the tumbler so much in the open movie sites spoiled that she is Talia. not superhero movie sites. but movie sites in general. so someone was clicking on the link to watch the hobbit trailer and was spoiled for Talia. someone looked at the new Total recall pics and he was spoiled.

they could use greenscreen outside their soundstages and film Marion

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"