Mark Millar To Consult On FOX's MARVEL ADAPTATIONS

Doesn't matter to me. I refuse to support Fox for anything they do. I may watch it bootleg but they won't get a dime from me. I really hope F4 go home to Marvel and then it would be watchable

Why ? Tom Rothman has already left Fox, and they are doing a lot better now.

Hiring a consultant is always a good thing, since Studio execs are not knowledgeable developing comic book movies.

Any chance of Elektra showing up in a FF movie ?

Last edited:
^dont bother it is like talking to a wall they feel marvel turns everything into gold even tho

x men first class was superior to marvel's 2011 outings and rotten tomatoes score backs up this claim

but if it's not marvel they dont want to hear it yet these people likely loved x men 2 when it came out back in 2003

Thats a easy fix. some Men IN Black suits are gonna be at the movie theaters tell us to look at this flash device and then tell us XM3-LS and XMO-W never happened and enjoy the movie..

I want to like XMO: Wolverine. I really do. But they got just about everything wrong that they could have. Giving the Wolverine/Sabretooth relationship more exploration was all good - giving a definite "they're brothers" thing didn't really work out too well for me. (Nor did the fact Sabretooth looked nothing like Sabretooth.) What was clearly supposed to be Emma Frost being Kayla's sister was totally unnecessary. Having Styker create Deadpool would have been cool - had they explored Wade Wilson a bit more, and had him actually be Deadpool at the end.

And that film is a perfect example of why FOX should have someone as the 'boss' of the X-Men franchise. XMO:W would have been a perfect starting point for a First Class film given that Styker had Cyclops kidnapped, and if they had that plan in place they could have tried to tie that in. A Deadpool spinoff was clearly thought of at some point, so why not actually have Deadpool featured properly? (Even if you leave out Wilson's motivations for undergoing the procedures and explore them in his own spinoff.) Hell, Reynolds' role was originally little more than a cameo that got expanded after he was on board.

I guess I just view that movie as a great example of poor planning. I think it could have been used as an entrance point for movies featuring Xavier's first class of students - Cyclops, Jean, Beast, Iceman, Angel - as well as an introduction to a potential spinoff featuring another character.

^dont bother it is like talking to a wall they feel marvel turns everything into gold even tho

x men first class was superior to marvel's 2011 outings and rotten tomatoes score backs up this claim

but if it's not marvel they dont want to hear it yet these people likely loved x men 2 when it came out back in 2003

Yeah.. They're as bad as the 47% Romney was talking about:hehe:

what happened with deadpool...does anyone honestly think giving someone like Millar of all people creative say, that that would have not gone differently. This is why I don't get the mixed response.

And yea I agree with Project86. Marvel Studios is far from infallible. Between Im2 through Thor and Cap, they may not have been as lame as Fox/Sony at their worst but they most certainly weren't as good as Fox/Sony at their best.

Thank you for your amazing insight into my thought process. As a matter of fact I never liked the X movies since they didn't follow the comics or even the cartoon, and thats what I grew up loving. The F4 movies were an abomination and even though I do have faith in Trank I do not like Fox or what they have done with any of their Marvel properties.

I never said Marvel is the end all be all, but I would prefer F4 to be in the MCU so that they have big G, SS, and Dr. Doom because that's where they belong and it would be beyond awesome. I know Trank is more than capable to make a fantastic movie but I just can not support Fox for their past debacles. I will watch them when they are on tv. This is how I protest a company that jacked up things that I loved from my childhood and is the only option available to me.

I don't understand the whole "Marvel would sit on these rights if they got them back, so let Fox have them" argument...

The main reason Marvel doesn't want to commit to more films per year is not necessarily financial (after Avenger's box office performance, Disney would have no problem throwing more money at Marvel Studios), but rather that they don't want to over-saturate the superhero movie market.

Fox and Sony are currently releasing about a film a year each, with Marvel Studios releasing about two a year. That's four Marvel films a year, with two of those being non-Marvel Studio films.

So what happens if Sony and Fox lose their rights to Marvel properties? There's no reason to think that Marvel Studios wouldn't be releasing four films a year to fill the gap in the market. So we'd be losing exactly 0 Marvel movies a year...

i doubt marvel would do 4 films a year lolol

they do 1 or 2 max

this is why i love fox and sony having those rights that way we can have an abundance of comic movies to watch instead of 1 per year

i doubt marvel would do 4 films a year lolol

they do 1 or 2 max

this is why i love fox and sony having those rights that way we can have an abundance of comic movies to watch instead of 1 per year

My god, man. Did you even read my post at all?

Give me a good argument as to why Marvel Studios would not make 3 to 4 films a year if Fox and Sony were making none.

Give me a good argument as to why Marvel Studios would not make 3 to 4 films a year if Fox and Sony were making none.

Uh Oh!! You opened the box.. All Project862006 does is argue. How effective in debates he is is still in question but his effort is tenacious (Still trying to convince us of the Oscar worthiness of XM-FC LOL!!!:whatever:). LOL!!! My 2 cents though, I think it'll be split in the middle of your estimates of 3 a year. 1 in the first quarter, the second a summer release, and another around the holidays..

the way I see it, Mark Millar has always been a great idea man, while sometimes lacking in the execution aspect, so him in a creative consultant, Kevin Feige-type role I think should work out well.

Yep. So the payoff for Marvel. To tell the story you want to without puss-footing around characters that you have no right to. EPIC=$$$$$$ Payoff for Marvel. You get more time to make your FF reboot, have the characters introduced in a bonafied Smash in Avengers II which you're now a part of Phase 3, Fox Makes,Markets And Distributes on the coat tails of a successful franchise and not be worried about being associated with Tim Storys FF and maybe Marvel will waive their licensing fee. Something Fox was on the hook to pay anyway. EPIC=$$$$$$

And they (Fox) can still put out a X-Men based movie a year..

To me. Not considering this is out of spite because I don't think Josh or Mark can save the FF-reboot from its own past.. For most of the GA those Tim Story movies was the introduction to the FF.. Thats bad news. The best reboot is through the MCU.

I can't even figure out what you are trying to say. Is this supposed to be English, or have any relation to what I was saying re: Paramount and Disney?

I can't even figure out what you are trying to say. Is this supposed to be English, or have any relation to what I was saying re: Paramount and Disney?

No that ship sailed.. Thats was the rationalization on why Marvel/Disney and Fox should make a deal for a unified MCU since it's all about the money for them and the finished product for the GA

the way I see it, Mark Millar has always been a great idea man, while sometimes lacking in the execution aspect, so him in a creative consultant, Kevin Feige-type role I think should work out well.
This is my thoughts behind it as well.

I mean, his ideas were pretty much the basis for Phase 1 of the MCU.

Why ? Tom Rothman has already left Fox, and they are doing a lot better now.

Hiring a consultant is always a good thing, since Studio execs are not knowledgeable developing comic book movies.

Any chance of Elektra showing up in a FF movie ?

I'd say no chance of Elektra showing up in a FF movie. The Daredevil rights go back to Marvel any day now and I'm guessing she will be a part of that.

Also, about Marvel Studios not being able to do 3 or 4 films a year, Kevin Feige has already stated he would like to be at a point where they can do four a year already. We may even get three Marvel Studios films in 2014. CA:WS and GotG will happen for sure, but if Edgar Wright agrees to go forward on Ant-Man, you can expect that to be out by 2014 as well.

I think Daredevil is definitely going back to Marvel.

Still, Fox has X-Men and its plethora of characters. The Fantastic 4, Silver Surfer, Deadpool, and who knows how many other characters that tie into those brands. That's a lot.

Still, Fox has X-Men and its plethora of characters. The Fantastic 4, Silver Surfer, Deadpool, and who knows how many other characters that tie into those brands. That's a lot.

FOX needs to move forward with Deadpool already. I'd run through a field of land mines to see a REAL Deadpool movie.

The script leaked a while ago, and it's FANTASTIC. Honestly, they need to shoot it as is because it's perfect.

Yeah they would basically have to start shooting next week.

I'm stoked for Days of Future Past, but I doubt Millar will have much involvement in it. Seems like it's been chugging along on its own, I think this is probably mostly for their Fantastic Four reboot.

Perhaps because Disney is a business and it doesn’t want to put all of its eggs in one basket?

To put it another way…

Between 2008, when Marvel Studios first launched, and now, there have been a total of 11 Marvel related properties (9 of them tentpoles) released from 4 studios. If Marvel released 3 films a year, in that same time frame, that number would increase to 15. If it released 4 films a year, that number would increase to 20. 20 films in five years! That is ridiculous, and it is absolutely understandable why any business wouldn’t want to take on that much risk.

Yeah they would basically have to start shooting next week.

I'm stoked for Days of Future Past, but I doubt Millar will have much involvement in it. Seems like it's been chugging along on its own, I think this is probably mostly for their Fantastic Four reboot.
Well, there's still a long way to go before DoFP starts filming, and Millar said that Vaughn helped him get this gig. Plus, according to Millar, Vaughn DID consult with him about things while shooting First Class... so I guess now Millar is just getting a paycheck this time.

Perhaps because Disney is a business and it doesn’t want to put all of its eggs in one basket?

To put it another way…

Between 2008, when Marvel Studios first launched, and now, there have been a total of 11 Marvel related properties (9 of them tentpoles) released from 4 studios. If Marvel released 3 films a year, in that same time frame, that number would increase to 15. If it released 4 films a year, that number would increase to 20. 20 films in five years! That is ridiculous, and it is absolutely understandable why any business wouldn’t want to take on that much risk.

I have to disagree.

Let's look at this from another business standpoint...

Let's say you created a product called "Super Stuff". At first, Super Stuff wasn't selling that well by itself, so you signed a contract with two stores (Store F and Store S) to sell it for you.

Suddenly, Super Stuff is selling fairly well and you're making money. You now have enough money to create two stores of your own that sell only Super Stuff, which allows you to make more money than through the contracted stores. Your own stores do extremely well...even better than the stores that you're contracted with.

Eventually, the contracts with Store F and Store S expire and they can no longer sell your products. What do you do? Do you erect two of your own stores in the areas around Store F and Store S in order to take advantage of the sales that they were making?

...of course you do! Why just maintain the two stores you currently have and not expand into the other areas where Super Stuff was obviously selling well?

That's not a risk...it's a smart business decision!

I can't even begin to explain how that comparison isn't the same.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"