Mark Wahlberg is the Six Billion Dollar Man

This movie has been in development hell for decades. It's like the Masters of the Universe movie. We get a director attached to it, or a release date, and that means nothing. It all just goes away.

Remember how long Wesley Snipes was attached to Black Panther? Did he ever end up playing him?

I want this to be a fairly serious action drama with a few laughs but not a comedy. Certainly not a spoof like Baywatch or CHiPs. But obviously don't make it too dark or brooding either. If it were in a similar vein to Captain America: The Winter Soldier, that would be ideal. A superhuman who is involved in espionage.

There's the potential for it to become a successful franchise, or for it to die a quick death like these other spoof remakes. Which will they choose? I have a feeling they'll go for the latter. Cheap laughs, quick death.

Next to superman, this was my guy growing up.
I really hope that don't screw it up.

I think they should get someone younger than Wahlberg who can play for several films and not get too old.

Also they should get Blake Lively as Jaime Sommers the Bionic Woman.

I'm rather tired of Mark Wahlberg's movies so I doubt I'll check this out in the theatre.

No problem with Wahlberg myself, I just want to see this project get made. Actually thinking about it, with Wahlberg as Steve I'd love to see Clooney as Oscar Goldman.

One question is how to they do the bionic FX and SFX - I mean the originals are iconic and while I wouldn't like to lose them they've been used, referenced and lampooned so much over the years that any use of them runs the risk of it being hokey. I definitely don't want any Bionic Showdown FX approach though, so I'm really intrigued as to what they come up with.

No problem with Wahlberg myself, I just want to see this project get made. Actually thinking about it, with Wahlberg as Steve I'd love to see Clooney as Oscar Goldman.

One question is how to they do the bionic FX and SFX - I mean the originals are iconic and while I wouldn't like to lose them they've been used, referenced and lampooned so much over the years that any use of them runs the risk of it being hokey. I definitely don't want any Bionic Showdown FX approach though, so I'm really intrigued as to what they come up with.

They can have Steve Austin speeding around like the Flash part of the time. Then it can slow down bullet time and have him suddenly run in slow motion, then speed up again. That way he doesn't run in slow motion the whole time but it manages to retain that iconic aspect of it.

The rest of the time he'd be like Flash and Captain America combined.

When Cap was holding down the helicopter that Bucky was trying to escape in, that could easily have been a Bionic Man scene. They could just occasionally add the bionic sound effects.

He probably won't want to run as fast as Flash though. But even running the speed of Steve Rogers in The First Avenger would be cool.

He'll pretty much be able to do what Superman does sans flying and less powerful.

Minus one director.

http://variety.com/2018/film/news/mark-wahlberg-six-billion-dollar-man-loses-director-1202803763/

Mark Wahlberg’s ‘Six Billion Dollar Man’ Loses Director Damian Szifron

Damian Szifron has departed the director’s chair on Mark Wahlberg’s sci-fi actioner “The Six Billion Dollar Man” due to “creative differences.”

Warner Bros. confirmed the departure on Tuesday. The studio bought the rights to the project late last year from the Weinstein Company, which had been developing the movie with Szifron — best known for directing the Argentinian drama “Wild Tales.”

Warner Bros. announced in March that it had set an early summer release date of May 31, 2019. The studio is seeking a replacement for Szifron.

I could definitely see Clooney as Oscar Goldman :up:

Hmmm. Me thinks this may stay in development he11.

In the novel (Cyborg), Steve Austin was 30 years old at the time of his accident. At the start of the TV series, Lee Majors was about the same. Plausibility-wise, this is a good age for the government to invest big, high-tech $$$ in. I.e., Austin is old enough to have accumulated valuable skills (in the military, as a pilot, etc.) - but young enough to have several useful years as a super agent.

Wahlberg is currently 46. :word:

Just wait and see. Wahlberg won't stay on this project. He'll eventually move on. This project has been in development hell for decades. I remember reading news about it in the 90s saying that they were trying for whatever date it was back then to have it ready. Here we still are 20 years later.

yeah i dont think this will happen in this iteration

They delayed Godzilla 2 again for this movie that probably won't come to fruition.

Great job, WB.

I don’t get the hate
Wahlberg isn’t delaying the project.

Not saying he is. The delay is a good thing if that is what gets Wahlberg off the project. :woot:

But if Wahlberg leaves the project.
That could kill it altogether.
That would not be a good thing.

But if Wahlberg leaves the project.
That could kill it altogether.
That would not be a good thing.

But it's still in the same state it was even before he joined the project about 5 years ago. It's not like it has moved on any further. It's in the same state it was 20 years ago.

They'll survive without Wahlberg.

Or, the project will continue to stagnate since once again, it failed to get off the ground.

This project has progressed as much as the Masters of the Universe movie reboot. So it's not like it has stagnated. :o

The Masters of the Universe doesn't have A full cast and a release date, this does.

I wouldn't be shocked if WB ends up moving it to August 2020.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"