Marvel’s 1917 type movie

Silvermoth

Krakoan native
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

do you think marvel could do something like the movie 1916? Like a war film in one continuous take?

imagine how cool a captain America movie would be if it was like that? Or the invaders

I think you mean 1917 mate.

But yeah I don't see why not surely they have plenty of characters that can fit in to that timeframe.

I personally would love to see a spy behind enemy lines type of movie featuring Union Jack, know next to nothing about the character but always thought the costume looked sick.
1099867.jpg

One continuous stake? How would Marvel Studios, as they would include a mid credits scene and a post credits scene.

Even 1917 isn't a continuous take, it's just very long takes. I could possibly see Marvel doing that, depending on the director, but I don't see any reason they would copy 1917 wholesale and do both long takes and a war movie at the same time.

When I think of superhero movies trying this, I think of Wolverine, but Wolverine back under Fox where they might go R and really brutal with it.

When I think of superhero movies trying this, I think of Wolverine, but Wolverine back under Fox where they might go R and really brutal with it.
Totally. My first thought was Wolverine doing a one-take "hallway fight" like the ones in Daredevil & Punisher shows.

I don’t think Marvel would ever do something like 1917, but I’d like to see an adaptation of Marvel 1602!

So not actually a period piece but close to real time one single 2 hour fight? Like The Raid?The Daredevil and Punisher hallway fights suggest that superpowers would be needed for endurance. But then how does the environment survive two supers or mid powered beings going toe to toe for an extended period?

That would be part of the challenge for the filmmaker. So breaking it up with car chases or light moments. I’m sure there’s a creative way to do it

But yeah I don't see why not surely they have plenty of characters that can fit in to that timeframe.

I personally would love to see a spy behind enemy lines type of movie featuring Union Jack, know next to nothing about the character but always thought the costume looked sick.
1099867.jpg

oops yes thanks for that I’m borderline calculusdyslexic haha. Cool idea for Union Jack though!

One continuous stake? How would Marvel Studios, as they would include a mid credits scene and a post credits scene.

that would be a fun twist actually! Like don’t stop the movie, just end the movie with someone staring sadly over green fields or something and the credits are superimposed over that. And then bam big twist!

I've not seen 1917 yet, but I take it is a long battle sequence in a illusion of one take, like Birdman. I don't think MCU should do that however they should have prolonged the battle of Wakanda in IW a lot longer than they did to give a sense of realism and scale. It's about 5 minutes long I think but if they had it 20-25 minutes that woulda been a lot more epic, ending with Thor coming down.

We've discussed "Would Marvel do" or "Should Marvel do" or "Could Marvel do" <fill in the blank> on numerous threads. I would like to see Marvel branch out from the family fare we generally see. I love Marvel movies, but Deadpool definitely scratched an itch a lot of us had/have. I liked the Netflix shows (esp JJ and DD) because they established a different tone (and JJ reminded me of one of my ex's, but that's another story) and showed us that it could be very entertaining. I'm also very interested to see where they go with Blade.

So, the question to me is "If Disney wanted to go in a more mature direction, HOW would they go about doing it?" We all know they jealously guard their brand, but is there a creative way to bring in Blade, Deadpool, Jessica Jones types of characters and still maintain the public perception they've built? Netflix seemed to be a kind of answer. Now that the lines between the movies and Disney+ are being blurred, that certainly doesn't seem to be the answer.

How do you think they could do this?

We've discussed "Would Marvel do" or "Should Marvel do" or "Could Marvel do" <fill in the blank> on numerous threads. I would like to see Marvel branch out from the family fare we generally see. I love Marvel movies, but Deadpool definitely scratched an itch a lot of us had/have. I liked the Netflix shows (esp JJ and DD) because they established a different tone (and JJ reminded me of one of my ex's, but that's another story) and showed us that it could be very entertaining. I'm also very interested to see where they go with Blade.

So, the question to me is "If Disney wanted to go in a more mature direction, HOW would they go about doing it?" We all know they jealously guard their brand, but is there a creative way to bring in Blade, Deadpool, Jessica Jones types of characters and still maintain the public perception they've built? Netflix seemed to be a kind of answer. Now that the lines between the movies and Disney+ are being blurred, that certainly doesn't seem to be the answer.

How do you think they could do this?

That is indeed a better angle to approach the next era of the MCU. I really want them to expand into different genres that push the scopes of their comic characters and stories. And that means a genuine push, not a half baked one which is likely what we will see in the next Doctor Strange which had promises of being a horror but I suspect we will get psuedo-light ''horror'' elements rather than going full out like New Mutants appears to do. The biggest excuse from people I keep hearing is, ''well the MCU make summer blockbuster family core audience movies, and so don't need to diversfy''. The response would be, you can do both. You can make your usual themepark movie for the masses and you can also do the edgy, alternate stuff for smaller sections of the audience just like other studios have done and Marvel themselves on the Netflix scene.

I would like to see Blade R-rated in the same atmospheric tone as the original 2. Vampires, blood, gore and fantastical violence. I hope with Deadpool they keep the same feel of the character in the movies. And lets see how Dr Strange Multiverse of Madness actually turns out like.

That is indeed a better angle to approach the next era of the MCU. I really want them to expand into different genres that push the scopes of their comic characters and stories. And that means a genuine push, not a half baked one which is likely what we will see in the next Doctor Strange which had promises of being a horror but I suspect we will get psuedo-light ''horror'' elements rather than going full out like New Mutants appears to do. The biggest excuse from people I keep hearing is, ''well the MCU make summer blockbuster family core audience movies, and so don't need to diversfy''. The response would be, you can do both. You can make your usual themepark movie for the masses and you can also do the edgy, alternate stuff for smaller sections of the audience just like other studios have done and Marvel themselves on the Netflix scene.

I would like to see Blade R-rated in the same atmospheric tone as the original 2. Vampires, blood, gore and fantastical violence. I hope with Deadpool they keep the same feel of the character in the movies. And lets see how Dr Strange Multiverse of Madness actually turns out like.

I mostly agree, but, realistically, HOW is Disney going to do this? I think there's exactly a zero percent chance that Disney releases an R rated movie (don't think Blade or another movie necessarily needs to be rated R, but could be out there enough that you would not want to take your 8 year old). If they do, is it released by a Disney subsidiary and the Disney name isn't attached to it? Even then, if it's part of the MCU, how does that reflect on the branding?

Those are difficult obstacles to clear. I'd love to hear someone ask Kevin what his take on this is. THAT would get my ears to perk up.

It would be cool to see like a siege of Doomstadt intermittently broken up by doom it’s just laying waste to entire armies. That would be fun to see. Sort of like the Darth Vader scene in Rogue one but spread out over an entire movie. That’s sort of what I was hoping for.

It’s a shame they’ve used quake already or they could make a secret wars movie

It would be cool to see like a siege of Doomstadt intermittently broken up by doom it’s just laying waste to entire armies. That would be fun to see. Sort of like the Darth Vader scene in Rogue one but spread out over an entire movie. That’s sort of what I was hoping for.

It’s a shame they’ve used quake already or they could make a secret wars movie

I wouldn't rule out Secret Wars movies now that (almost) everyone is under the umbrella.

I wouldn't rule out Secret Wars movies now that (almost) everyone is under the umbrella.
Also the Russos have said they're up for coming back for that.

that would be pretty sweet especially if they gave it the full battle of pellenor fields treatment

that would be pretty sweet especially if they gave it the full battle of pellenor fields treatment

Honestly, I think that's where we're headed. Spidey, to me, is the biggest problem.

1099867.jpg

Technically, Union Jack, or at least a guy sharing his name from the comics, was one of the Howling Commandos in the first Cap movie.

Always thought it would be cool if they ever made a MCU film based in 50s/60s Cold War Europe to bring that guy back as Union Jack.

Yeah it would be a cool thing to do plus they could introduce characters like the Red ghost and organisations like MI:13

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"