Marvel Announces Origins

Bullseye said:
Right, but supposedly for a while Wolverine claws were implants.
Wolverine's claws were thought to be implants before his adamantium was sucked out because they were covered in adamantium like the rest of his bones, which was clearly not a natural mutation, and he couldn't remember back to when he had bone claws. The Origin mini-series itself pretty clearly shows li'l Jimmy Howlett with bone claws popping out of his hands. :confused:

Right, I know that. But why before was it thought that his claws were implants?

Because no one knew any better and Wolverine himself couldn't remember that they weren't.

Uh... yeah. For like the first 30 years of his existence in real time.

Cyclops said:
I was under the impression that considering the scars he had on his face, that Dog was NOT SABRETOOTH.

Ghah. Why do people not get that? Dog - is - not - Sabretooth.

Dog is not Sabretooth...and I'm glad for that...BUT

The author has commented (never read Origin so I can't recall who wrote it) that he left it open and fully accepts that a later writer may make Dog into Sabretooth.

So...here's to hoping they don't.

They'll have to manufacture some reason that'll probably trample all over existing continuity for why his healing factor didn't take care of the scars to do that. :o

TheCorpulent1 said:
They'll have to manufacture some reason that'll probably trample all over existing continuity for why his healing factor didn't take care of the scars to do that. :o

And this has stopped them before when?

Point. Just saying, any attempt to make Dog and Sabretooth the same guy will probably come off forced.

The book needs a new artist soon. Everyone has a mean face when Dillon is drawing.

Dog could be sabertooth if his healing factor hadn't kicked in yet. Mutants develop at different rates, i'm still goin for dog as sabertooth

I don't want it to turn out that way.

First, there were rumors of Sabretooth being Wolverine's father then new rumors surfaced.

I'd still purfer it if Dog turned out to be Sabertooth's Father. That late mutation bulls**t just doesn't fly.

Bullseye said:
The book needs a new artist soon. Everyone has a mean face when Dillon is drawing.

I agree,if a different artist was on,I would be onboard.

I love Dillon's art. I don't know how I got it hard wired into my brain, but whenever I see his art on anything, I think Preacher. And automatically whatever it is, gets moved up a notch no matter what it is. I had to think really hard on weather or not I was gonna get Origins. I decided to wait for the trades instead.

I would like to see what Joey Q could do with interior art instead of just the covers even though I loathe Quesada.

I wouldn't mind Dog being Sabretooth.

I'd rather him being Wolverines brother than his father.

Yeah, I prefer Thomas Logan being his dad. Did they ever explain how Dog found James? I haven't read it in a while. Maybe his increased senses are his primary power and the healing factor is a secondary mutation OR Weapon X intervened. Which would explain why the scars are gone (they fixed Deadpool's body as well for a while). Take care of the scars, give him James' powers...Either could work imo. I mean James could have gotten the claws from his mother (her scars) and the healing factor and senses from his dad. It could explain why Dog has the healing factor and senses but not the claws.

And so far this series is pretty decent btw. And I dug that they referenced him being everywhere in the recent Wolverine issue. Guy couldn't even sit down for a drink.:D

It was actually pretty good. In fact if someone hates Wolverine now, they have even more reason to but for an entirely different reason. Most of it was flashback but man was he an a**hole. You kinda hope that Nuke kicks his ash next issue.

I might ahve to buy that. I love Nuke.
Born Again is still my favorite Daredevil story.

Yeah, it shows just how he got so crazy in the first place and it is all Wolverine's fault...pretty f**ked up. You wouldn't even think that this is the same guy who became an X-man.

Origins has been good so far.

I still think Wolverine's first ongoing series had some great story's... issue one through 50 and then have to pick through to find some good work on the series.

And those one page pinup's were a nice addition to the comic. I'd like to see that brought back into the Wolverine comic as well as other comics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"