Marvel Characters You '"Ship"

Hawkingbird

I want to be Kate Bishop
Reaction score
Okay, I'm kind of joining in with the Tumblr culture, but what Marvel pairs do you like? I personally love Bucky and Widow, Hawkeye and Mockingbird and....
(this is going to be an unpopular opinion)

Tony and Maria Hill :woot:

I don't know Tumblr culture?

But couples I like are Peter and MJ, Shadowcat and Iceman, and Luke Cage and Jessica Jones.

Thor and Sif, Hank Pym and the Wasp, Spider-Man and MJ, Wolverine and Mariko, Cyclops and Jean Grey, Captain America and Sharon Carter, Moondragon and Phyla, Nova and Gamora... that's all I can think of right now.

Peter & Mary-Jane, Flash Thompson & Felicia Hardy, Cyclops & Jean & Emma :awesome:, Songbird & Abe Jenkins, Baron Zemo & Moonstone, Doctor Doom needs NO ONE, Hulking & Wiccan, Hulk & Red She-Hulk (their whole sexcapade-what-brought-Bruce-Banner-back the exception), Hulk & Caiera...meh.

The two in bold are the ones I really want to see (again, in the case of Flash and Felicia).

Gambit and Polaris
mqdefault.jpg

Iceman and Kitty Pryde

Angel and Jean Grey

earthangelandjean1.jpg

Oh... who we'd LIKE to see together?

Okay, yeah... this is going to sound totally wierd coming from me but if he has to be NOT with MJ then Spider-Man and Mockingbird. I don't know why but I just like the idea of them being together.

Emma Frost with Wolverine. Just to see what Scott would do.

Ok i am game
and the best couple award goes to
348902-138360-scarlet-witch_super.jpg

Vision and Scarlet Witch
baby!

Korg and Hiroim. Poor Hiroim. :csad:
This. A thousand times this.

Also Hulk & Caiera (send that ***** Betty back to the grave :argh: )
Peter & MJ
Hank & Jan
Colossus & Kitty
Cable & Domino (with a little sneaky Wade action :hehe: )

That's all that I can think off at the moment.

Emma and Cyclops, no Emma and Wolverine :o
and I'm always stuck with who I like better; Phsyloc and Angel or Phsyloc and Fantomex. I forgot Jess and Luke, I love them :3

...ship?

anyway, for couples-- T'Challa and Storm...

Off the top of my head, from recent issues of Dan Slott's AMAZING SPIDER-MAN, and with regrets to offending some of my fellow "Spider Marriage" fans:

tumblr_lz8rsjtlft1qkz9yno1_500.jpg

Silver Sable/Spider-Man. C'mon, they went through all the trouble of making Spidey single again and the only costumed lady he has been allowed to go on a date with was Ms. Marvel? Sable's a mercenary, a diplomat and could serve as that "amazing femme fatale someone dares to try to love" in much the same way Brubaker sometimes plays with Barnes/Black Widow. The contrast would be part of the charm, and maybe inject some "spy thrills" that is in Peter's blood from his parents. It'd certainly be more entertaining to me than Carlie Cooper or "friends with benefits" moments with Black Cat. Sable's been hanging around since the 80's to boot. Surely worse stories have been pursued whole hog than this.

Off the top of my head, from recent issues of Dan Slott's AMAZING SPIDER-MAN, and with regrets to offending some of my fellow "Spider Marriage" fans:

tumblr_lz8rsjtlft1qkz9yno1_500.jpg

Silver Sable/Spider-Man. C'mon, they went through all the trouble of making Spidey single again and the only costumed lady he has been allowed to go on a date with was Ms. Marvel? Sable's a mercenary, a diplomat and could serve as that "amazing femme fatale someone dares to try to love" in much the same way Brubaker sometimes plays with Barnes/Black Widow. The contrast would be part of the charm, and maybe inject some "spy thrills" that is in Peter's blood from his parents. It'd certainly be more entertaining to me than Carlie Cooper or "friends with benefits" moments with Black Cat. Sable's been hanging around since the 80's to boot. Surely worse stories have been pursued whole hog than this.

As much as I want Pete back with MJ, I have to agree that I wouldn't mind seeing this handled by Dan.

I can't see that. Then again, I don't read the book so I've not seen how Dan handles it.

As much as I want Pete back with MJ, I have to agree that I wouldn't mind seeing this handled by Dan.

Agreed. Like I said, I imagine it would work far better than Carlie Cooper or any Mary Sue created by any writer would. The fans just won't accept anyone who isn't either MJ or some costumed heroine I feel. Slott practically has MJ act like she's a wife in everything but title anyway - she's Peter's key emotional support, she is always there in a crisis, and his relationship with her seems deeper than with the other ladies in his life. The only difference, really, is they don't share a bed anymore. Part of me wonders if Americans weren't so sexually uptight, whether an "open marriage" dynamic would have worked. After all, Ted Kennedy left someone to die in a car crash, and he continued to enjoy a political career. A politician is caught cheating on his wife, GAME OVER FOREVER. Remember, the last president to face impeachment wasn't a president who committed war crimes, but one who committed perjury over an affair.

Having Spider-Man date some heroines would at least distract from the fact that editorial obviously will never allow Peter to go steady with anyone ever again, or at least so long as Joe Quesada and/or Tom Brevoort still work at Marvel. Lord knows many stories in comics are distractions or illusions of change anyway - why not do one which hasn't been done much with Spidey, and may take him to some interesting places? This is literally a company that considered giving everyone and their dog a knock-off Thor hammer a crossover event. Next to that, Spidey/Sable is Eisner prize worthy innovation.

I think it would fit in well with Slott's BIG TIME era and he'd have a ball with it, at least for a while.

I can't see that. Then again, I don't read the book so I've not seen how Dan handles it.

In fairness, Slott has been toying with a loose subplot for some time - at least before ENDS OF THE EARTH - that Sable had some genuine feelings for Spider-Man. She had come to respect him more since he's joined the Avengers and worked at Horizon. During ENDS OF THE EARTH she and Black Widow were Spidey's only costumed allies during most of it. At least twice Sable all but tells Spider-Man that she loves him, but he doesn't notice because he wanted to save the world for MJ (who he loves like a wife without being her husband, as said above) and because he's Peter Parker and thus oblivious to women. This might seem random until one remembers that Sable debuted in ASM and is technically a spin-off from his franchise much like PUNISHER, VENOM, and SCARLET SPIDER are. In this latest story, Spidey is all torn up over Sable's "death" - although there's no body and even Slott seems to be cutting that subplot short due to fan expectation.

---

Some more "ships" for me:

As mentioned before, Winter Soldier/Black Widow:

winter-soldier-7-cover.jpg

And while others maybe shipped Nova with Dr. Necker, I always liked Rich with Gamora:

200px-Nova_(Phalanx).jpg

And from INCREDIBLE HERCULES, Hercules/Namora:

1543778-hercules_n_namora_2.jpg

I think Natasha and Bucky are possibly my favourite Marvel couple ever...along with Jess and Luke.

Captain Britain and meggan
Spidey and mj
Bruce banner and Betty Ross
Reed and sue
Alicia and Ben Grimm
Havoc and Polaris
Wonderman and scarlet witch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads