Marvel Comics censors 'Maus' author for anti-Trump comments

Stan Lee would have published this. Marvel' changed and not for the better

Just seems like a good way to alienate a percentage of your audience not surprised Marvel didn't run with it.

Reactions: CJ
Comics are an escape from reality. We don't need political issues injected into them. Focus on story and characters.

Comics have always had political issues. The X-Men have been allegorical for their entire existence.

Thank goodness Stan Lee never got political on us - by getting up on a soapbox of some sort - to give his opinions of the issues of the day.

Just seems like a good way to alienate a percentage of your audience not surprised Marvel didn't run with it.

It’s not like Donald Trump and, say, Captain America exactly stand for the same values to begin with.

Smells like cowardice to me. Kirby and Simon had Cap punching Hitler back when US intervention overseas was a very unpopular stance. Calling out the orange dotard for his Skullish activities would only alienate Trump's deplorable base, and that's making the huge assumption that they read introductions.

Last edited:
Also remember that the chairman of Marvel Entertainment is a Trump supporter

Comics are an escape from reality. We don't need political issues injected into them. Focus on story and characters.

Maus is about the ****ing holocaust! It's considered one of the greatest comics ever written, and on many number 1 lists.

It’s not like Donald Trump and, say, Captain America exactly stand for the same values to begin with.
Im sure there are plenty of folks who read Cap, Iron Man, Thor etc who are Trump supporters. I reckon Marvel probably realise that as well and for that reason told him to either pull that part or they didn't want it.

Smells like cowardice to me. Kirby and Simon had Cap punching Hitler back when US intervention overseas was a very unpopular stance. Calling out the orange dotard for his Skullish activities would only alienate Trump's deplorable base, and that's making the huge assumption that they read introductions.
However bad you think he is I think comparing Trump to Hitler is beyond a stretch that's just my opinion though.

It's pretty stunning to think that if Maus, which is one of the greatest comics ever written, on many people's number 1 spot, if it came out today you'd actually have backlash against it for being "political". It's just stunning idiocy.

It's pretty stunning to think that if Maus, which is one of the greatest comics ever written, on many people's number 1 spot, if it came out today you'd actually have backlash against it for being "political". It's just stunning idiocy.

I see the argument but in terms of Maus I don't think that's really a fair comparison. Maus was about one of the worst events of the past century the holocaust (widely considered one of the most horrific acts in all of human history) like I literally do not know anyone who would say anything else about it (and the tiny majority who would are not really listened to)

The Trump thing is a current internal political issue, I mean its not like Hitler was ever your president.
The US won't provide flu vaccines to migrant families at border detention camps

Not a stretch. Trump and his team of monsters aren't breaking out the ovens. But maybe they won't need to. After all, Anne Frank died of typhus.
Horrible when kids pay the price for these sort of things I totally agree with you on that but in a country that has long been having major issues surrounding medical care (UK based so granted I don't have a major grasp on how your medical care system works) is it really viable for them to provide vaccines to everyone?

Horrible when kids pay the price for these sort of things I totally agree with you on that but in a country that has long been having major issues surrounding medical care (UK based so granted I don't have a major grasp on how your medical care system works) is it really viable for them to provide vaccines to everyone?

The kids don't have to pay the price. This is a choice by our white supremacist administration. If you lock people in crowded conditions - say, a concentration camp- you can recoup a sliver of your humanity by doing the minimum to prevent a mass die off. The fact that Trump, Miller et al won't even do that should tell you everything you need to know about them.

The kids don't have to pay the price. This is a choice by our white supremacist administration. If you lock people in crowded conditions - say, a concentration camp- you can recoup a sliver of your humanity by doing the minimum to prevent a mass die off. The fact that Trump, Miller et al won't even do that should tell you everything you need to know about them.
But that's kind of what im asking what's the rules on citizens who would require that same vaccine?

I have said on here a few times I definitely don't agree with conditions people are kept in in these places but at the same time with how publicized this issue has become people know what's going to happen to them if they cross in to the US illegally and are caught.

I don't know that they would know. They are in South America, mostly speak Spanish and may not know the terrible conditions the Trump Administration is using as a deterrent. Or even if they do it might actually be an improvement on their existing condition which is in itself a terrifying possiblity.

But that's kind of what im asking what's the rules on citizens who would require that same vaccine?

I have said on here a few times I definitely don't agree with conditions people are kept in in these places but at the same time with how publicized this issue has become people know what's going to happen to them if they cross in to the US illegally and are caught.

That's what the policy is attempting to communicate. If you cross our southern border either legally or illegally we will strip you of your children, deny you basic sanitary and humane living conditions and subject you to deadly diseases without proper medical care.

USA!
USA!
USA!

I don't know that they would know. They are in South America, mostly speak Spanish and may not know the terrible conditions the Trump Administration is using as a deterrent. Or even if they do it might actually be an improvement on their existing condition which is in itself a terrifying possiblity.

Actually a lot of the migrants are indigenous people and don't even speak Spanish.

Politics have no place in Comics is right there on the list of dumb things that can be sight, next to "bruce wayne would vote for Trump".

Both are dumb things to say and not the slightest bit true at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"