Marvel Get's Hulk Rights Back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IMDB isnt the most reliable place to get your info

They're dates are never accurate exactly but 2009 would be a great bet. With Batman, Punisher 2 and Wolverine slipping into 2008, and Captain America, Nick Fury, and Ant-Man gearing up....2009 is a good year.

2009 will be too late, i bet Bana's contract runs out by then, and i doubt Marvel will get a guy like Ang to do Hulk 2, so there's nothing really there to tempt him back like Hulk 1 did.

2008 or nothing at all, and i believe we have some time for Marvel to get everything ready, they wont bring it out around Wolverine time, so they might go up against BB2 (which is a very bad idea BTW)

When did Wolverine get pushed back to 2008? And to go up against BB2 would be suicide, even i am looking forward to that movie more than Hulk 2. I know BB2 will be good thats probably why.

well, i doubt Wolverine is that far ahead to have a 07 slot, 08 seems to be the best time, 09 is too far away IMO.

Nearly 3 years later and no Hulk sequel in sight. Why am I not surprised?

Weren't you guys proclaiming something would be happening right now?

I'm just going to say something very simply. If the movie was NOT a disappointment and if it WAS the success people on here claimed it was, a sequel would already have been made or released by now. And a third movie would already be in the works.

it was a success, just not what Universal wanted.

stop acting like a **** VileOne, run out of things to say about Tom Cruise?

Sava said:
stop acting like a **** VileOne, run out of things to say about Tom Cruise?

I never will.

Don't take your anger on the continuing non-existence of a Hulk movie out on me.

And I also think Hulk should be CGI again too, no body-builder guy. That was cool in the 70's, but not now. The Hulk in the first one looked so real, he looked alot like Hulk from the comics. They can make him do more Hulk-like things with a computer.

Look how real this looks!:eek:

apic1.jpg

And make him 10 feet, not 15 feet. 10 feet is the perfect size, he was 10 feet in the comics.

:hulk::up:

TheVileOne said:
I never will.

Don't take your anger on the continuing non-existence of a Hulk movie out on me.
i'm taking my anger out on you cause your acting like an idiot, really, if it wasnt successful then Marvel would have stopped talking about it like DD2, if it wasnt successful it wouldnt have sold alot of DVD's and s**t like that. It WAS a success, just not what Universal were thinking it would make, the reason its been taking so long in the word of mouth, Hulk had TERRIBLE word of mouth. Thats why its taken so long, if Hulk had opened at 40mill and still went on to make 130mill, i bet you they would have made a sequel by now, sure it would have been a huge risk and the budget would have been lower but thre would have been a sequel. The word of mouth wouldnt have been so bad, Universal and Marvel would have seen that Hulk as a franchise is the next one behind Spidey.

Sava said:
i'm taking my anger out on you cause your acting like an idiot, really, if it wasnt successful then Marvel would have stopped talking about it like DD2, if it wasnt successful it wouldnt have sold alot of DVD's and s**t like that. It WAS a success, just not what Universal were thinking it would make, the reason its been taking so long in the word of mouth, Hulk had TERRIBLE word of mouth. Thats why its taken so long, if Hulk had opened at 40mill and still went on to make 130mill, i bet you they would have made a sequel by now, sure it would have been a huge risk and the budget would have been lower but thre would have been a sequel. The word of mouth wouldnt have been so bad, Universal and Marvel would have seen that Hulk as a franchise is the next one behind Spidey.

Plain and simple, if it was successful, there'd be a sequel by now..

According to you and many others they would've announced something concrete by now more than the same crap we've heard for the last 3 year.

its not plain and simple like that and you know it, Word of mouth determines alot when makeing a sequel, Hulk had really bad word of mouth, hence why Marvel is taking its time with Hulk 2, Universal didnt want to make one and Marvel just got Hulk back.

If Universal didn't want to make one after all those years of trying to get the Hulk made and start a franchise that tells me it was a disappointment and it wasn't successful.

And if word of mouth was terrible that does NOT bode well for a sequel. Why would people want to see a sequel to a movie they thought was terrible?

TheVileOne said:
If Universal didn't want to make one after all those years of trying to get the Hulk made and start a franchise that tells me it was a disappointment and it wasn't successful.

And if word of mouth was terrible that does NOT bode well for a sequel. Why would people want to see a sequel to a movie they thought was terrible?
you know as well as i do, that half the people that *****ed about Hulk didnt even see it, Hulk probably made Universal something like 300 or 400mill for Universal when you add in DVd and games and s**t. Thats not what they wanted, they were looking at Spidey numbers. Universal were expecting something HUGE like Spidey and didnt get it, not even close, hence why they didnt want to make a sequel. The word of mouth problem is mostly on them, their marketing wasnt exactly the best and didnt fit the film IMO.

I always thought they should just pretend the first film never happened. just redo the whole thing. That or move the character into a weekly series on Cable. there was too much bad pub from the ang lee stuff to really salvage. interest might not be high. if you just did exactly what the Godzilla or Batman franchise did after they put out a Publicity Turd Movie and do a restart and exclude the movies from their canon it would go over better than building on a foundation of crud

well, not everyone thaught it was a turd :rolleyes:... It was no where near as bad as B&R. there is still interest in Hulk 2, Hulk 2 could be a great film if they take a risk and do it differently, as in keep it adult. With characters like Abomination and the Leader, there will always be pleanty of action for the kids to watch this time around unlike the first one.

I will always think that Hulk was a very good movie, i must have watched it 50 times and i still love it. It is better than Fantastic Four, Blade Trinity, Elektra, Punisher and Daredevil. And i believe as an origin story it is better than X-Men and Spiderman, but their sequels are better.

Yes it was a dissapointment but after all was said and done it DID make Universal at least $300 million. Marvel have said they are moving forward with a sequel at the moment. If we dont hear anything more by the end of this year, THEN i will start getting worried.

^ Great post but no need to get worried. It's gonna happen. The clock started over when Marvel got the rights back but it's moving faster.

I'm with Jamon, if we dont hear anything by the end of the year, i'll be pissed

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"