Marvel Horror

I think there should just be an anthology show...maybe titled Tomb of Dracula and feature stand alone stories featuring the different horror, occult, or mystical characters. We can have stand alone stories focusing on the familiar faces like Blade, Ghost Rider, and Dr. Strange, but also introduce not so familiar faces like Satanna or Simon Garth...

Ghost Rider would be too expensive to do on a TV show, its movies or nothing with GR for me, they just need to make the movies more like the comics and less like the movies already do exist.

I've been saying that Marvel should launch a Marvel Knights or a Marvel Presents production house to produce media for some of the grittier more mature properties.

Cloak & Dagger, Ghost Rider, Blade, Daredevil, Moon Knight, Man-Thing could all fit under this label.

Last edited:
Isn't Cloak and Dagger under Sony?

Swamp Thing is with DC.

Ghost Rider just comes immediatly to mind when thinking Marvel horror, the more recent comics especially were excellent at this, Road To Damnation and then much of what followed was great horror stuff, especially the run were Blaze and Ketch were enemies.

I'd be extremely happy if we got another good Blade movie or a good Ghost Rider movie. Man-Thing would be pretty cool too, but I don't see how he could support a movie. Maybe Man-Thing could appear in a short & then appear elsewhere.

I like the idea of a marvel anthology horror show! Brother Voodoo could host!

I've still never seen the Man-Thing movie. I've heard how horrible it is, but would like to see it at some point.

Would Disney consider moving Marvel Horror over to Touchstone?

Tomb of Dracula, yo. :o:up:

I've still never seen the Man-Thing movie. I've heard how horrible it is, but would like to see it at some point.

I'd say check it out, as a horror, well, a bad horror film, it's okay, as a adaptation of Man-Thing...awful......I picked it up for a couple dollars on amazon...I had to complete my Marvel section in the dvd shelf...

Last edited:
TV maybe but i'd doubt they'd do any dark anti-heroes on film.

They are upto their twelfth movie and none have been put to another less kid friendly studio. So it's pretty much 100% all Marvel movies from Disney will be Marvel Studios.

^They will need to branch out every now and again though, like they have done with each phase so far. Thor was the 'different' movie in phase 1, and IMO it was the best phase 1 movie, GOTG is gonna be it in phase 2, and its the one I am looking forward to the most.

Phases 3, 4, 5, etc will need to branch somewere different themselves and were better than horror? Especially when they have so many good characters to use.

now that it's halloween, I wanted an announcement. Oh well.

Netflix would be great to feature a Man-Thing ongoing series. They could have regular characters or some recurring characters and guest stars. They could have some of the horror villains and creepy monsters show up too, for fight scenes.

It would also be great for Dr. Voodoo to have a presence as well.

I support a Hypestyle movie about a necromancer.

That said, Ghost Rider should get a Phase 4 film and Blade should get a reboot on Netflix.

Moon Knight can also use some horror tropes but for the most part would be a crime/action series that would have insanity as a recurring theme and the possibility of supernatural elements that may just be in Moon Knight's head. Punisher should have all sorts of nasty, gory violence that wouldn't be out of place in a horror film but it's for the most point an action series that's also unashamed to be an exploitation show.

So aside from the upcoming Doctor Strange, I feel like there's only one more horror series that would take place on the big screen, one horror TV show and then two action series which would please horror fans but not be horror in any meaningful way. Keep in mind that Ghost Rider should be redone as a hard-R property which is risky and would be a new IP which would also be risky and then debut in Phase 4 with Thunderbolts and Darkhark which would also steal a ton of buzz.

I don't see Marvel doing anything with Man-Thing on Netflix or ABC due to budget issues or as a film due to a lack of interest. Moreover, Marvel will have to put something back to do Man Thing. The six TV series will presumably be renewed and Marvel would be smart to relaunch Blade, Moon Knight and Punisher on Netflix. Plus Phase 4 would have three new IPs along with Iron man and Hulk sequels and possibly a Black Widow solo film. What would you remove to make room for Man Thing?

Last edited:
Marvel should start exploring some horror properties. These films could be produced for very modest budgets: $5 - 15 million. They can hire unknowns or known folks whose careers have cooled down in recent years; character actors, that sort of thing.

Some original concepts can be developed, but standing properties would include Man-Thing, Zombie, Werewolf, Satana, etc.

Great idea, I'd be all about it, but I doubt Disney will do anything like that anytime soon.

Horror is going through such a renaissance at the moment, I could see this being big. It could be it’s own corner of the marvel u, with crossovers amogst them and an ultimate big bad

I really wish Feige would rethink his stance on R rated films connected to the MCU. The more adult material 0n the Netflix shows didn't taint the overall Marvel brand in any way. Why not have variety?

I'm sorry but... When I was into comics there was a sense that while sure there was an impression from adults from when I was a kid that these things were just "kids stuff" the medium had LOOOOOOONG moved on with a lot more complexity and the ability to explore subjects and themes that were more appropriate for the late teen to young adult crowd. Some characters or books just HAD to be more mature.

Look at the difference between the neutering of Wolverine in the previous solos and Fox X-men films and LOGAN. I'm not saying Logan should be that graphic in say an MCU X-Men movie but... Yeah his solo MCU films should probably have an edge.

And the various characters that either ARE horror based or easily fit into that mold should be done in a way for the creators to realize them as fully as they can. I would be all for a subsidiary within Marvel whose sole purpose was to put out more adult only content.

I feel like for really doing horror it would have to be an anthology series based on things like the "Amazing Mysteries", "Marvel Tales", "Strange Tales", "Journey into Mystery", "Tower of Shadows", "Chamber of Darkness", "Supernatural Thrillers", "Chamber of Chills", "Crypt of Shadows", "Vault of Evil", "Uncanny Tales", "Dead of Night", "Beware", "Weird Wonder Tales", with perhaps "What If?" style episodes of stories like "Ruins" or "Marvel Zombies".

Horror elements like vampires and man-things could show up anywhere though.

Yeah it doesn’t even have to be R rated if they’re worried about their brand. Something goosebumpsy or like the witches would be cool.

And strange tales is an awesome name for marvel horror

Well they could feature horror in a Dr. Strange movie. Horror fantasy.

Not sure if they’ll do that because they’ll want the appeal to be as broad as possible. It might be mild horror like the nightmare before Christmas type stuff

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"