Marvel launches Marvelkids.com

Couldn't they just ditch the teleporter and have the components shoot down from a satellite in geosynchronous orbit or something? It'd at least take time to get the components that way.

:(

didn't the 80's cartoon the CENTURIONS use that plot device to change armor components?

If I went Disney, I'd probably have to get something from Toy Story. Just for the Whedonnection.His armor sort of does that currently, doesn't it? I mean the whole Extremis thing really btchslaps any physics of mass or weight.

It's Extremis, they don't have to explain anything. :cwink:

didn't the 80's cartoon the CENTURIONS use that plot device to change armor components?
Yes. Hence:
Bleh, I know. The sad part is that with his Extremis powers, now would be the perfect time to resurrect the concept of the modular armor (which the Marvel Kids cartoon seemed to do, by the way). Tony should build a bunch of components specifically geared toward acting as countermeasures for any situation and just have a little A-to-B teleporter with his lab being A and his armor being B that he can activate via Extremis. Going into space? Call up some thrusters and extra radiation shielding. Fighting the Hulk again? Beam the Hulkbuster armor on. It'd basically be like combining the best of Iron Man and the Centurions cartoon. :o

The 3rd and final part of the Iron Man adventure was posted today:

www.marvelkids.com

The Hulk shows up to help Iron Man & Spider-Man take down the giant robots. It almost feels quaint. Considering the Hulk will be getting a movie next after IRON MAN, it makes sense to include him (in a team-up with Spider-Man, of course, much as the Justice League is teaming up with Batman in THE BATMAN this season)

Hahahaha, that one was easily the best because of the Hulk's inclusion. I liked how Spider-Man didn't get any credit in the Bugle's coverage of the attack, either. :D

I'd love an animated series like that, but I suspect it might be perceived as too similar to JLU.

I suspect it would be astronomically too expensive. Also, the Hulk is ****ing huge there.

Yeah, he could've stood to lose a foot of height. But I really can't complain about a gigantic Hulk. That's part of the character's visual appeal, like a classic Cadillac: the bigger, the better.

Actually, he doesn't have a movie lined up, so Marvel couldn't give a **** about him right now. :(

Well, that just gives Brubaker more time to tell his story of Cap's supporters.

So is there anything else to this Marvel Kids stuff, or is just all about the videos? I mean, what's their end goal in mind? Is this supposed to get kids in the shops?

The Hulk is huge, but that is his thing.

I guess this is some attempt to appeal to kids, especially since the same voice actors who played many of these characters in MARVEL ULTIMATE ALLIANCE returned.

Yeah, with Iron Man & Hulk the next two to get movies, it was a no-brainer to include them. THOR's on hold until after the strike and that is where the rest are.

Just a shame they only battled some generic robots.

I think it's supposed to show the kids how awesome the characters can be, which then stirs interest to follow some of their adventures in the form of either comics or the upcoming Spider-Man cartoon, which then breeds a whole new generation of fanatics as obnoxious and nitpicky as we are. Which is great. Anything that brings new readers in without sacrificing good storytelling on an unholy--one might even say Satanic--altar is one step ahead of Marvel's last strategy for appealing to younger readers. ;)

Yeah, that is surprising, now that you mention it. I guess the Wolverine movie isn't close enough to completion.

Movie be damned, the kids eat that little **** up. I'd bet my checking account that there are more Wolverine fans out there in this demographic than there are Iron Man fans.

Sad, but true. Although, to be fair, ours is the generation that catapulted Gambit to almost-Wolverine-like levels of popularity, thanks to his roguish charm in that X-Men cartoon.

Gambit's a much more interesting character, though. I'd love to see a Gambit series focusing on his exploits in Europe bedding women and stealing expensive things.

You've had two, both of which tanked. One of them even had Steve Skroce drawing it.

I thought the Skroce one was all right. I forget why I stopped buying it at the time. I think I remembered that I just didn't give a crap about Gambit, in spite of Skroce's art.

Never cared for Gambit.

I agree this is a better attempt to get kids onto comics than OMD. It won't work, because kids don't like paying to read anything that isn't a card game, but it is a noble effort.

You have a point about Wolverine, but considering that these were three 1.5 minute clips (like 4.5 minutes long in total, give or take), it may have gotten too crammed. Although if Spider-Man, Hulk, and Wolverine were there, that'd be 3/4th's of the "New" Fantastic Four of the 90's. :o

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"