Marvel Looking into Female Characters

Discussion in 'Marvel Films' started by blalex620, May 1, 2013.

?

Which Female Character Should Get a Solo Outting?

1. Ms Marvel

2. Spider-Woman

3. Tigra

4. Black Widow

5. She-Hulk

6. Thundra

7. Scarlet Witch

8. Other

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. 3dman27

3dman27 super-hero wannabe

why not a firestar movie ?sure she was originally a made for tv alter nate for the human torch but she might be able to hold a movie

2. Hawkingbird

Hawkingbird I want to be Kate Bishop

I don't think she'd work as a stand-alone character. She's not even that well known in the MCU. I think Ms.Marvel could do it. The problem is, not even the comic book universe has many strong female characters. It's a real issue and needs to be fixed.
    Ms/Captain Marvel is a perfect example of how she should be done. They've un-sexualised her, given her her own story-arc and made her work as a stand-alone character. This is great, but it needs to be done for more characters.

3. Red Mask

Red Mask Human Killing Machine

Firestar is supposed to be a mutant tied to X-Men lore. Still, her character is still open to many new developments without being tied to them or to the New Warriors.

4. blalex620

blalex620 Comics, Books, Games

Since She-Hulk is the third most voted character if they did a She-Hulk movie how do you think they'd do it?

5. Dark Raven

Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

But I bet the first thing anyone thinks of when you say "Firestar" is Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends.

6. DrCosmic

DrCosmic Professor of Power

You're off to a good start. The cast I'd have:
    • Carol Danvers/Captain Marvel II - Our dark horse star, knows how to be a by the book her, her new relationship forces her to break that mold
    • Mar-Vell/Captain Marvel I - Love Interest, classic alien hero, but deconstructed, since he's dying.
    • Michael "Ace" Rossi - Danvers' old flying buddy, Mar-Vell's rival love interest, rogueish in a bad way
    • Nick Fury or Hawkeye or Black Widow or Maria Hill or Falcon or Coulson- SHIELD personnel, MCU expository through line. May also be rival/obstructive at some point.
    • Ronan The Accuser - Either the main villain or the cliffhanger villain.
    • Yon-Rogg - Mar-Vell's professional rival who most viciously reacts to Mar-Vell's betrayal.
    • Sentry 459 - Technically a character, albeit, not one with an actor per se

She doesn't have a 'homegirl' character but Widow or Maria Hill could technically play that kind of role for her, and perhaps they should. You could bring in Abigail Brand for that purpose too if you like, that might be interesting.

Last edited: May 6, 2013
  7. Dark Raven

They need a female equivalent of RDJ to pull off her humour and personality. Someone who can do comedy and quick fire speech. I'd say get someone from a comedy like they did with Chris Pratt.

As for how to bring She Hulk to life, don't use motion capture or she'll be a CGI character. It's more important she seem like a real person compared to Hulk who is more of a monster. Use Movie Reshape technology instead.

8. Endeavor

Endeavor Que bolá con el timbeque?

Too bad Emma Stone is already playing Gwen Stacy, she'd be perfect.

9. Red Mask

Yeah, yeah.

10. Red Mask

I'd prefer someone older for Jennifer Walters. Younger actresses don't convey a very mature sense of humor.

11. blalex620

How old would you have her?

12. Hawkingbird

I don't really see why a Captain Marvel movie has to have a love interest :huh:.

13. Red Mask

To draw in the romantics. People associate adventure films with some romance.

14. Red Mask

Mid-thirties. If they have her as an assistant D.A. then that's a believable age. If she is to be Bruce Banner's cousin, then she should be closer to his age because they were childhood friends.

15. Silvermoth

Silvermoth Avenger

Fascinating. Do you have some sort of idea about which cast you would choose? I think I can think of a few good Ms Marvels, it's just Mar-vell I get stuck on (and the director)

I agree. I tend to think of female Avengers as being a bit older and more experienced than the whelp on the street sort of thing. They're not the kind of woman who wander around all angsty. They know what they want, they're good at what they do and they just go for it.

She Hulk is such a great role for someone I think. Half Wonder Woman, Half Bridget Jones and a dash of Ally McBeal. As soon as more of the female demographic know about her she'll be mainstream and a superstar so fast Marvel's heads will spin!

16. Dark Raven

I don't want someone too old for Jennifer Walters. Definitely not someone like Angie Harmon. If they were going to go for someone in their mid thirties, I'd prefer a young-looking one. In the first and maybe second season of Ally McBeal, Calista Flockhart (before she got too thin) did have the look of comic Jennifer and the kind of humour required. She was also fast talking too and had her share of verbal sparring with Robert Downey Jr in season 4 I think it was when he was part of the main cast.

Today though, I don't know exactly who. I'm half thinking someone like Alison Brie, but sometimes her voice is a little annoying and some of her mannerisms too. However, she is 30 and can do both serious and comedy. I think she fits into a Chris Pratt mould. Not saying it has to be her at all, because ideally I'd prefer someone else. But someone like her rather than a standard tough chick (ie definitely not someone like Gina Carano).

And here is the Movie Reshape technology they should use:

[YT]zXSj4pcl9Ao[/YT]

Of course the actress still needs to be fit and in shape, but Movie Reshape can make her taller, more muscular etc and enhance all of her features while still looking natural, and most importantly of all, still using the actress without the need for motion capture.

17. blalex620

Definitely, definitely I could get on board with a She-Hulk movie even though I've never taken much to the character. I think whichever character Marvel makes a movie for will be great. I may be in the minority but as much as I love Scarlett Johansson, I'd rather see someone new get a solo movie.

18. Endeavor

Endeavor Que bolá con el timbeque?

She-Hulk was breaking the 4th wall before D'Pool. I don't think her humor is supposed to be "mature".

19. darthcoolness3

darthcoolness3 Well-Known Member

What about White Tiger

20. 3dman27

3dman27 super-hero wannabe

good choice

21. Red Mask

She-Hulk doesn't make juvenile jokes. She's witty, sometimes sardonic, and charming. Da Pool is juvenile.

22. Mondragon

I'd love to see her acually spun out of a Sons of the Tiger flick- http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=376273
    The last scene the Sons(including Hector Ayala) ditch the four amulets. Post credits ...enter Ava Ayala who now picks them up.

Although I prefer Angela Del Toro's look- [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 8, 2013
  23. DrCosmic

DrCosmic Professor of Power

Sometimes I do. Right now:
    Director: Roland Emmerich (White House Down, Independence Day, 2012)
    Carol Danvers: Charlize Theron or Emily Blunt
    Mar-Vell: Matt Damon, you want someone big to make the deconstruction sing, like Pitt in MegaMind
    Michael "Ace" Rossi - Sam Worthington
    Abigail Brand: Amy Acker
    Nick Fury: Samuel L. Jackson
    Maria Hill: Cobie Smulders
    Yon-Rogg: Phillip Seymour Hoffman
    Ronan the Accuser: Kevin Grievoux
    Sentry 459: (voice) Dee Bradley Baker

24. Hawkingbird

I think Echo has potential if you re-introduced her into the comics:
    [​IMG]

25. blalex620

I forgot about Angela too. Don't know much about her other than she's originally a Spawn character but is now being put into the Marvel Universe as a major character at the end of Age of Ultron. She looks cool lol.
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

• url.jpg
      url.jpg
      File size:
      150.5 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: May 8, 2013