Marvel March 2007 Covers/Solicits

Dread's hate on Cable and more importantly X-Man is making him look like an *******.

Never. He needs to change back to an updated brown-and-tan costume, too. Yellow and blue on him have never made sense to me.

I wonder why someone didn't invert the colors on his new blue and yellow costume. Minimizing the yellow would at least make a little more sense.

Yeah. Brown and tan, definitely. bad place, that same costume in brown and tan would look better.

Einstein was totally not lazy. And he wasn't fat, either. An old man gains a few a pounds over the course of life, dude.

Have you been reading Carey's X-Men? Carey's had more original ideas for Cable than just about anyone else I've seen write the character. He basically eliminated everything crappy about him and wrote him as a cool, zen-warrior with an almost Christ-like personality. He created Providence in a way that God would remake this world, if you know, God cared about that kind of stuff. ;)

Wait, wait, wait!

Carey didn't do that! Nicieza did that within the pages of Cable & Deadpool! :cmad: Nicieza created Providence. Nicieza created Cable's messiah like personality. Nicieza created the Zen-like warrior. Nicieza turned him into a world leader. Nicieza turned him away from the cheesy chliched 90's character.

Carey is doing a great job with the X-Men franchise, but seriously, his Cable was based off of Nicieza's Cable.

Carey has single-handedly reinvented the X-Men, as far as I'm concerned. If this X-Men: Legacy stuff is just retellings of past stories, I'm going to drop that book. Carey's at his best when he's building on what came before him.

I won't. Carey's a great writer on X-Men and didn't they pretty much say that Legacy is going to be treated like a maxi that has no end right now?

"A maxi that has no end"? That's called an "ongoing" book. :up:

"A maxi that has no end"? That's called an "ongoing" book. :up:

I remember reading that it was conceived as a maxi but it got a bit longer.

So I assumed that Carey would just keep writing it until he sees it as over and then the book would end.

Einstein was totally fat and lazy.

Einstein wasn't all that awesome. :o

He's like Wolverine, not really all THAT great, but gets far more than he deserves, and has his "abilities" amped beyond their normal limits. And is overexposed.

Wait, wait, wait!

Carey didn't do that! Nicieza did that within the pages of Cable & Deadpool! :cmad: Nicieza created Providence. Nicieza created Cable's messiah like personality. Nicieza created the Zen-like warrior. Nicieza turned him into a world leader. Nicieza turned him away from the cheesy chliched 90's character.

Carey is doing a great job with the X-Men franchise, but seriously, his Cable was based off of Nicieza's Cable.
Actually, I'm pretty sure the last few writers on the Cable series before Cable & Deadpool set him up with the messianic/zen stuff. Niceiza built on what they did. Joe Casey had already gotten him away from the giant guns and many of the other '90s clichés before that, too. Soldier X also injected a lot of political overtones into the character's repertoire.

But Providence, the world leader stuff, and the follow-through on the messianic stuff was Niceiza. :up:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"