Marvel MMO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't worry nathen there's the another MMo besides "super hero squad" and Its still being made it's being done by the former blizz north other wise know as torch light. I still want on on the beta and have the different teams in the marvel online game operate differn't from each other(im ean other teams.)
seeing ther. with the DCo one you'll be working with the hero's in the DCo game the same way you helped darf vader which was shown in battle front in that game. I'm suspecting it'll be slightly different with the marvel online game
Any way the one I'm talking about comes out 2012. I remember mentioning this in the dc oline thread a few months ago. so we have a wait.

I really want in on the beta though.

Last edited:
I don't mean to derail this thread but how can you say FFXI "Didn't really take off"? It's been around for 8 years now and from what I understand the majority of the players are on the PS2. Japan, Europe and North America combined. At it's peak it had over 500,000 players. 250,000 is considered good for an MMO. It has 4 expansions with more content on the way.

Now, there's no denying that the game is on it's last legs especially with FFXIV (on PC and PS3) due out this year. However, to say it didn't really take off is not very accurate. It may not have had the success of World of Warcraft, but it was successful.
Dude, you are responding to a comment made over a year ago and honestly, I dont even remember what the heck I was talking about back then

Sorry, I didn't realize the post was that old. Guess I should have looked at the date.

Anyway, I hope the Marvel MMO is on par with DCUO. Although the fact that it's by a company that no one has ever heard of is not very comforting.

The Superhero Squad looks kind of cute but I wonder how many people can actually play. They say you play as one of Marvel's characters and not your own. Are there going to be 100 Spidermans running around?

I like how all the noobs on comments for this video are saying this is Disney's fault.

1.) Super Hero Squad's toy line (which inspired the show & game) came out long before Disney bought Marvel, like in 2006.

2.) There's no way this game would of been made so fast if Disney DID make it.

Don't worry nathen there's the another MMo besides "super hero squad" and Its still being made it's being done by the former blizz north other wise know as torch light.

Good, I was worried that this was the big Marvel MMO that they promised us.

man I really had to dig to find this .

ok new NEWS for this.

Gazillion raises another $60 million

by Alexander Sliwinski (6 hours ago)

MMO publisher Gazillion Entertainment, which recently launched Lego Universe and c urrently has at least three other MMOs in development, has raised another $60 million in its latest round of funding. Gamasutra reports the funding is intended to assist the company as it enters "a key phase of expansion."

Gazillion's next release should be Marvel Super Hero Squad Online sometime in 2011. The company is also working on Marvel Universe and the interminably (not terminally) delayed Jumpgate Evolution.
Source: Gamasutra and JoyStiq.
so victor lucas of Ep and Reviews on the run was right again.

Enjoy and discussions in session.

If they could ever get a proper Marvel MMO up, I'd probably ditch DC Universe all together.

I was dissapointed when the 360/PC one got canned. DCO is great if you are a DC reader/fan but the lore and universe means nothing to me as I have little knowledge outside of the big characters. A Marvel game would be so much more appealing as thats the environment I grew up on. I really hope Gazillion does something with this IP. The Marvel Superhero Squad stuff could be good, but they are going to need a more adult oriented title to compete

Yeah. DCUO does it for me still because I'm aware of it's universe, but I still prefer Marvel so therefore the Marvel one would definitely get me excited.

i feel the same. Always favored marvel over dc but crap like wolverine the X-men almost made me switch to dc (switching wolverine and cyclops characteristcs was too much) my biggest issue is that i dont play games on pc anymore and i dont have a xbox so will this new mmo come out on the ps3?

i feel the same. Always favored marvel over dc but crap like wolverine the X-men almost made me switch to dc (switching wolverine and cyclops characteristcs was too much) my biggest issue is that i dont play games on pc anymore and i dont have a xbox so will this new mmo come out on the ps3?
the game I mentioned was cancelled and has nothing to do with this new deal. No info has been released but if and when we hea more, I beleive it will come out on the PS3 as well as 360 and PC

If any thing to combat what DCUo has done and if it maanges to get good reviews and survive I see marvel going 360 and pc with seeing they can sell on steam. and then mac seeing that there's now steam for that as well. but i don't see the going mac over pc cause steam now sells to both and there's no other competetion there. but on the other two consoles when it comes to ps3 and 360 marvel gonna have to go 360 to compete there. any ways If I see anything from the electric play groud or joy stiq who have beem keeping an eye on that news I'll put it up. anyways I'll defiently be in the beta for this and I want to add some suggestions like how the different teams should operate differently from each other compaired to DCUO's where it's all almost mostly detectives.

Last edited:
I love DCUO and would be even more stoked for a good Marvel MMO. Let's hope with the success of DC that Marvel will get something going.

free to play sounds pretty good,Not sure about rest of the game yet though!

"The panel did reveal that the game will take place in venues and timelines gleaned from the entire Marvel comic universe, in Bendis' words, "back from the classic era all the way to the modern," and that unlike other superhero-themed massively multiplayer games that require players to either create new characters from scratch or act as sidekicks to existing superheroes, Marvel Universe will let players play as the actual iconic Marvel characters they know and love."

I am not sure this is a good idea

If that means being able to take part in the Secret Wars or Civial War as any of the iconic heroes, then I'm looking forward to it.

Wolverine:"Ok wolverine and I will take out the boss while wolverine, wolverine and wolverine will handle the mobs."

I think it'll be more like, you choose a Mission and select the character you want, then spawn in a room where you're the only one who plays that character.

Wolverine:"Ok wolverine and I will take out the boss while wolverine, wolverine and wolverine will handle the mobs."

I will literally shoot myself if this happens.

This is why I'm going to be playing as Frog-Man.

I dont like the idea of multiple ppl using the same hero, thats lame.

We don't know if that's going to be the case. If it is, I'm staying away from it.

i dunno I feel a better connection to a character that I create than playing as an established Marvel hero.
I will reserve judgement til the game comes out. It seems like Marvel is responding to the people who complained about not being able to play as Batman or Superman in DCU Online.

I just look at it as MUA in MMO form.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"