Marvel MMO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wolverine's claws are way too long.

Has a release date even been announced or is it still unknown?

I don't think so, I'm assuming sometime next year,

Come on Microsoft get this on the 360 & I will play it

Marvel and microsoft signed a mmo deal a few years ago, idk if it still stands but I think we can expect this on 360.

all i want is to fly in space. i want to use cosmic characters, fight galactus. travel to different planets. but mostly just fly in space. i am so sick of water levels in games. use space instead.

tumblr_lu3mxen9SA1qe6qiro1_500.jpg

Very cool, I can't wait till they blow the doors off of this.

Last edited:
Looks like Gambit just got announced on the blog.

Wish we knew when this was coming out....

I don't think I'll ever be sold on this game. The fact that it's nothing more than MUA online without the option of creating your own character bores me. I don't want to run around a world with 15 Wolverine, 12 Deadpools. Marvel missed the mark here. Part of the fun of MMOs is creating your own character.

Booo.. I still wanted to be able to have my homegrown characters interact in this world. So is this basically replacing the marvel ultimate alliance games?

I don't think I'll ever be sold on this game. The fact that it's nothing more than MUA online without the option of creating your own character bores me. I don't want to run around a world with 15 Wolverine, 12 Deadpools. Marvel missed the mark here. Part of the fun of MMOs is creating your own character.

i still play COH and I find myself sometimes just creating characters because the character generator is so deep. I won't even check this game out

Booo.. I still wanted to be able to have my homegrown characters interact in this world. So is this basically replacing the marvel ultimate alliance games?

Do we know that for sure? I have heard very, very little solid info about this project, so can anyone with hard knowledge confirm/deny that there's *not* a character creator?

Personally, I always worried about games like SWG and DCUO *not* letting you play as the stars, but once the games came out, I think very few of us actually missed that opportunity. It's fun to be able to make your own hero and rub elbows with DC's Finest, and for those who *do* want to take Batman or Supes out for a spin, there's still the arena PVPs.

I *would* like to see a slight expansion to the play-as-your-favorite-hero somewhat, though, in DCUO.....to let you play as a hero on an actual mission instead of just the PVP free-for-alls. It seems to me they should be able to give you the option of taking one of your unlocked characters into one of the "off-server" (or whatever you call it) story arc finales that send you to places like the Cape Carmine Lighthouse to battle Bane, Area 51 for the Brainiac invasion, etc.

If the Marvel MMO could create that kind of happy medium between make-your-own and play-as-Spidey (or whomever), I'd be sold.

its was one of the first things announced about the game...im sure a link is in the previous pages.

Yeah. They announced it in a pretty ''Ha?! Playing someone else? Who would want that?" Me. That's the whole point on a MMO set in the Marvel Universe. It's a shame really. They could've really improved on some of DCUO's faults.

For me the create your own character isn't a big deal. I got the XML/MUA games so I could play as Marvel characters. They could potentially include all of the 5,000 or so Marvel characters and this will allow them to focus in on the characters/plots/graphics etc.

This sounds just awful...
why not actually put some money into it and make a good Marvel Cash cow MMO??

For me the create your own character isn't a big deal. I got the XML/MUA games so I could play as Marvel characters. They could potentially include all of the 5,000 or so Marvel characters and this will allow them to focus in on the characters/plots/graphics etc.

Yeah, but how does that even work fairly? If you let everyone pick and choose which character they want to play, the servers are going to be flooded with thousands of Spideys and Wolverines and Hulks. You won't even be able to tell them apart....imagine an 8-on-8 battle that's pretty much all Hulks and Wolverines.....

Yeah, but how does that even work fairly? If you let everyone pick and choose which character they want to play, the servers are going to be flooded with thousands of Spideys and Wolverines and Hulks. You won't even be able to tell them apart....imagine an 8-on-8 battle that's pretty much all Hulks and Wolverines.....

Marvel's big Summer event for 2012: Hulked-Out Heroes vs Spider Island. Don't give them ideas...

this is where the Fear Itself idea came from

Also if they can find a way to implement a verses mode as well it could be awesome. You can go one on one or team up and fight against another team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"