Marvel MMO

Status
Not open for further replies.
detail.jpg

4e31d2e66ab92.jpg

4e8e15bb77ff9.jpg

these got me very excited.

Looks promising, but Wolveraine's claws are longer than his ****ing forearms.. who's designing these Rob Liefeld?

^^^ those are swords, not claws, lol.. that's one artistic quirk that's been somewhat annoying over the years.. John Byrne, Barry Windsor-Smith drew them the best..

marvel has given this MMo an offical name. plus spiderman has his in game MMo image up too.

I’m Not Really Feeling The Official Name Of The Marvel Universe MMO

6:20AM Today | Mike Fahey

After years of being referred to as simply Marvel Universe, Gazillion’s massively multiplayer superhero game finally has an official name. Unfortunately, it’s Marvel Heroes. How can a name featuring such a recognisable name sound so generic? More »

source: kotaku and mmmsociety.

Discusions in session.

marvel has given their MMo a new name and has also added spiderman in game MMo image up now too.
I’m Not Really Feeling The Official Name Of The Marvel Universe MMO

6:20AM Today | Mike Fahey

After years of being referred to as simply Marvel Universe, Gazillion’s massively multiplayer superhero game finally has an official name. Unfortunately, it’s Marvel Heroes. How can a name featuring such a recognisable name sound so generic? More »

http://mmmsociety.tumblr.com/
source: kotaku and mmmsociety.

Discusions in session.

Spider-Man's eyes look a LITTLE too far apart.

But when will we see their design of NFL Superpro?

Spider-Man's eyes look a LITTLE too far apart.

It's ridiculous. They're way too far apart and too low on his face. His eye balls would be above the friggun mask eyes. Who ever designed it needs to go back and take some life drawing classes.

I think it's stylized to look more kid freindly.
The slanted shape closer together looks more aggressive.

slant.jpg

Last edited:
No. You can stylize things and still make it look correct. Based on the Spider-Man image, this is what’s wrong with it. I traced over the image, so its an accurate representation.

wtfMarvel-1.jpg

They are a tad bit too far, but its not that bad imo.

Marvel Heroes to use Unreal 3 engine

(5 hours ago)

Gazillion Entertainment has announced that it is licensing Epic's Unreal 3 game engine to power the upcoming Marvel Heroes MMO.

The game, informally known as Marvel Universe Online, allows players to step into the shoes of Captain America, Iron Man, and Spider-man (among others). Gazillion says the third-party toolset will enable its developers to focus on delivering a high-quality game experience. "We [...] love the flexibility we get from the actor components, which have empowered us to make all kinds of customizations without sacrificing the built-in features of the engine," says Jeff Lind, head of Gazillion's Secret Identity Studios.

Gazillion hasn't mentioned a timeframe for the game's release (heck, there's no official website yet, either), but we'll keep you informed as we hear more.

[Source: Gazillion press release]

I'm not sure about that that's kinda the mistake FF14 made to "APPEAL TO GRAPHICS smoreES" and the game suffered from launch since then. there's a reason most MMo's don't do the hi def art graphics thing wise. cause the game was barely playable due to that. we'll see how this goes though.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure Unreal 3 is the engine that has been run through a browser before in some tests. That's probably why they are using it.

I haven't kept up much But so when is this being released/for which consoles and is it pay to play like DC Universe's launch or will it be FREE????

Gazillion shutting down Fortune Online, focusing on Marvel properties

(2 hours ago)

Gazillion confirmed to Joystiq this afternoon that the MMO publisher will shut down its Diablo-esque Fortune Online. There's no announced timetable on when the company will shut down the project, nor how many employees will be laid off from the studio in San Mateo, California. Gazillion will try to shift the team to its two Marvel projects.

The publisher will continue focusing on its two Marvel-based MMOs, Marvel Super Hero Squad Online and Marvel Heroes (formerly known as Marvel Universe). A company spokesperson told Joystiq, "We will continue delivering and refining content for Super Hero Squad Online, along with building and developing the Marvel Heroes game."

After a series of moves that cut weight from the company, we had to ask if it was positioning itself for a Disney acquisition, considering its two remaining announced projects are Marvel (and therefore Disney) properties. The company denied that being the plan.

It's worth noting that Gazillion inked the rights to Marvel MMOs for ten years back in 2009, before the comic book company was purchased by Disney. At this point, Disney can either keep letting Gazillion hold the rights to what is surely a lucrative property or make it a Galactus-size buyout offer.

source: Joy stiq

Enjoy and discussions in session.

Cyclops joins Marvel Heroes' roster

(2 hours ago)
Super-hero, Galleries, Screenshots, Classes, Previews, Free-to-play, Marvel Heroes

Cyclops, aka Scott Summers, will be leaping off the comic book pages and into MMOs when Marvel Heroes eventually comes out. Until then, we'll have to content ourselves with scoping out his chiseled, spandex'd body and secretly wishing that we had his death ray eyes the next time we get stuck behind some jerk in traffic.

Gazillion is happy to announce that Cyclops will be a playable character in Marvel Heroes. What he lacks in overall charisma and flying abilities, he makes up for with a facial cannon capable of ruining your day. Cyclops is the on-again, off-again leader of the X-Men, a group of heroes that is also confirmed to be a part of the game.

You can check out a larger picture of Cyclops along with all the other revealed playable characters in Marvel Heroes in our new gallery below!
Marvel Heroes

It'd be nice if they finally showed some gameplay.

Even then I probably wouldn't change my mind. I hear the words MMO and I think character creation. It's nice to get the change to play the heroes that I love of the universe, but so far everyone they've announced playable is someone who can be played in some other game like the Ultimate Alliance games or even a fighting game like MvC3.

If you remember the DCUO thread they did the same. I posted most of that too. doesn't mean the other lesser known characters as you like to think of them aren't there.

I'm not Expecting any game play video til E3 or mid this year. if they do it later this well .....

Last edited:
I'd actually like it, if it's basically an ever evolving MUA and I can co-op adventures with friends as my favorite characters.

That'd be fun in it's own way I suppose, but I don't know it's just they could've really done something with this universe unique that could've killed all the other superhero MMOs in their tracks.

That and I'm not entirely sold on the whole "there's not going to be 500 Wolverine's on at any given time thing!"

I really think creating your own character is better. If they really wanted to set them selves apart they should looked at what the secret worlds doing. in that different organizations operating differently from each other like I was thinking and stated before that MMo showed up saying that.

come to think about it the secret world ripped of my idea. lol not completely. But the initial part of it .

any way the MU isn't like the DCU where al most every other hero Oganization takes orders from the justice league. it's an easy thing to show case. with this . and they screwed it up. it's fine for super hero squad but they really should tried some thing different in the orginal idea's department.

Last edited:
I'm sorry guys, I know character creation is important to some, but all I hear is "We want something different - no, not that something different!" or "If they really wanted to be different they should have been just like this other MMO."

As long as they allow character customization and roster-based advancement, they'll fulfill the psychological needs that character creation brings, and they already address the clone problem in the kiddie marvel MMO, even I can build on that to handle the 500 wolverine's problem.

I'm sure they'll show some gameplay once it's worth seeing. It's not like a console game where you can crank it out in two years.

Yea I much rather play as an established character. I'd also hope that since they are letting us do that, that this roster will be HUGE.

As its been mentioned tho, still not sure how they are gonna prevent everyone from picking Spidey or other massively popular character

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"