Marvel News & Discussion Thread

The Marvel movie part always said they wouldn't have much of a presence and maybe he was the only important thing that had.

I feel really bad for Kevin Feige he could’ve never anticipated this development. Feel very bad for the cast as well and I feel very disappointed in James Gunn.

I feel really bad for Kevin Feige he could’ve never anticipated this development. Feel very bad for the cast as well and I feel very disappointed in James Gunn.
If they'd done any decent background check on Gunn's social media accounts prior to his hiring, they surely would have found these tweets since he had to apologize for his blog and FB posts shortly after taking the GOTG job. The fact he never deleted them and/or forgot about them when getting into his political beefs shows he was careless and that Disney is a bit at fault for not requesting he sanitize his social media accounts a bit more than he did.

Monday is going to be a long one for Feige thats for sure. He now not only has to now find a replacement for volume 3 but the mcu cosmic universe as well.

All 20 Marvel Cinematic Universe Movies Returning to IMAX Theaters for 10th Anniversary Event

Each entry to the Marvel Cinematic Universe will be re-released in IMAX to celebrate ten years of the franchise, along with the first IMAX outings for three of the films.

Beginning on Aug. 30 and running through Sept. 6, the 20 films which have so far culminated into Avengers: Infinity War will head to AMC theaters for fans to experience on the biggest platform possible.

Tickets are available for purchase now through AMC Theaters' official site. Marvel also released a teaser trailer for the event on their social channels, dubbing it the Marvel Studios 10th Anniversary Film Festival.

Full article: http://comicbook.com/marvel/2018/08...verse-imax-marathon-movies-iron-man-avengers/

[YT]yOvORMYxcOI[/YT] [YT]7C_vouLZvk0[/YT]

So does that mean that these will add to the box office grosses for each film? Could that push Infinity War and Black Panther up even more? Or will it be negligible?

I am so sad I won't be able to do this :csad:

So does that mean that these will add to the box office grosses for each film? Could that push Infinity War and Black Panther up even more? Or will it be negligible?

Im curious how it even goes down, 20 movies is going to be over 40 hours of movie...do they only show so many films a day (4-5) then the next day show a new set? How do they do a marathon of this magnitude of movies? Star Wars or LotR is way easier to pull.

do they only show so many films a day (4-5) then the next day show a new set?

Yes.

k31D41N.jpg

I am so sad I won't be able to do this :csad:

Unfortunately my closest theater never does anything like these. There is another theater with a LieMAX close enough though...

My friend and I might go September 5 to see Civil War and Avengers.

Only $8 per ticket

For me it is due to my work schedule.

So Antoine Fugua is allegedly meeting with Feige for a possible directing gig. Any theories as to what project he could possibly be tapped for?

So Antoine Fugua is allegedly meeting with Feige for a possible directing gig. Any theories as to what project he could possibly be tapped for?

If Coogler isn't coming back for Black Panther 2, maybe.

Other than that? Hard to say. I'm not sure he'd fit something like the Eternals and Black Widow already has a director.

Unfortunately my closest theater never does anything like these. There is another theater with a LieMAX close enough though...

My friend and I might go September 5 to see Civil War and Avengers.

Only $8 per ticket

One of the two commercial IMAX theaters near me is playing the anniversary shows. I'm also planning to see The Avengers and Infinity War, and I might also see GOTG that day. Skipping CW would let me have a dinner break. :cwink:

This will push me to join AMC's subscription service because the $19.99 fee is less than I'd pay for those three films. I'd also be able to see other MCU films that play the week before.

The closest IMAX theater to me is doing this event but as much as I'd love to see all of them in the theaters again, I just don't have the time to sit through these.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"