Marvel Now - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what's the general consensus on Scott Lang as a character? I don't think I've read anything with him, aside from Disassembled. The new FF book has my curiosity, but I don't really know anything about Scott.

Back before I read comics regularly I thought Ant Man in general was lame, but that was before I read more Avengers and got to know and love Hank Pym.

Any essential Scott Lang stories out there?

Some nice redesignss and that other group shot image.

So what's the general consensus on Scott Lang as a character? I don't think I've read anything with him, aside from Disassembled. The new FF book has my curiosity, but I don't really know anything about Scott.

Back before I read comics regularly I thought Ant Man in general was lame, but that was before I read more Avengers and got to know and love Hank Pym.

Any essential Scott Lang stories out there?

I like him. He's been around since the late 70's and bounced around a lot. He spent a lot of time with the FF and was featured prominently during Geoff Johns Avengers run from 2002-04.

I don't know why you're getting Legacy, it's totally changing creative teams and character focus. You're save some $ right off the bat by not getting it.

Because I've always been a huge fan of Legion. Legion Quest made me a fan (which also gave us the AoA). His being the son of the founder of the X-Men really has some potential that I don't think has ever really been explored. The focus switching to him has my interest 100%.

Trust me though, the title being relaunched makes me no longer care to keep buying it, good or bad, so if the title ends up dragging and sucking I will definately drop it.

gwnrs.jpg

I'm kinda broke, so the only ongoings I get are Amazing Spider-Man and Avengers. I have been getting AvX, Vs, and Spider-Men, though.

After those minis end and Marvel Now launches, it will just be Amazing Spider-Man and Uncanny Avengers for me on the Marvel side for a while.

There's speculation from the Bleeding Cool website that Bendis and Larocca are launching a new Guardians of the Galaxy title.

Dear god. No.

It's sad that that's what it's going to come to make people realize they're good characters. Being shoddily written. :(

Bleeding Cool is also saying that Kev Walker is going to definitely be on Secret Avengers to be teamed with either Nick Spencer or Dennis Hopeless. Whomever doesn't get the writing gig on SA will apparently get a new Young Avengers book.

I never read anything by Hopeless. I'd rather have Nick Spencer on Secret Avengers because I thought his brief stint during Fear Itself was pretty good. I think I might be in the minority there......

Bleeding Cool is reporting that Daniel Way is taking over X-Force with Ale Garza.

Heh, so much for Uncanny X-Force being the best portrayal of Deadpool :) I'll give it an arc though. And I'll pick up a Young Avengers book anyday. I'll have to cut something else but I'll make the sacrefice.

It's a shame Ale Garza's art will be wasted on such a terrible writer.

An artist can keep the gypsy look while modernizing it.....it's called having talent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"