Marvel Now - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
yay I thread I made stretched into a part 2

That he can create ice people and turn into gas
He's just finally expanding his potentially and doing what people like Emma Frost and AoA Iceman have shown what he's capable of.

1348863092.jpg

1348866011.jpg

I don't say this often, but I SOOOOO agree with Deadpool here.

they're not even being subtle about this. points for brazenness, I guess.

ive seen that on some books too

I issue 2 (I think) is a riff on the famous cover to Lord of the Flies.

It is.

And frankly, I don't see the problem here. It's not like they've hidden that they were inspired by Hunger Games. I have no problem with that. Yeah, killing off characters I like is an issue but it being done in the vein of other great, well known stories isn't in any way wrong. I think it's a fine idea in principal... though depending on how it plays out it could be horrible for fans of the characters.

It's a decent concept for a 2 or 3 issue arc, not an ongoing series. This story was kinda already done. It was the Avengers Academy Giant Size one shot and that was originally supposed to be a crossover mini series that was condensed to the one book.

So I'm assuming the flames are digitally created and not hand-drawn?

I issue 2 (I think) is a riff on the famous cover to Lord of the Flies.
And the cover to #1 is an homage to Japan's Battle Royale--the thing a lot of people accused The Hunger Games of ripping off, if you'll recall. The idea of kids killing kids in a massive deathmatch is not new, no matter what story you're talking about.

I await the Marvel comic where Hank Pym decides his biochemistry be better served making super strong Meth in the New Mexico desert with his sidekick Victor Mancha :oldrazz:

It is.

And frankly, I don't see the problem here. It's not like they've hidden that they were inspired by Hunger Games. I have no problem with that. Yeah, killing off characters I like is an issue but it being done in the vein of other great, well known stories isn't in any way wrong. I think it's a fine idea in principal... though depending on how it plays out it could be horrible for fans of the characters.

Not just The Hunger Games, The AA logo is clearly ripped off of Battle Royale...

Hmm, I guess fans are really turning on DCnU after a year in? I just read something over at Bleeding Cool about a Facebook poll that backfired in DC's face.

Marvel should take note with all this NOW stuff.

Fans whine.

Really, DC's only real misstep this far has been Zero Month, and that's because about 75% of them apparently sucked.

Hmm, I guess fans are really turning on DCnU after a year in? I just read something over at Bleeding Cool about a Facebook poll that backfired in DC's face.

Marvel should take note with all this NOW stuff.
That doesn't make any sense.

NOW! Is nothing like the New 52, and what people were complaining about on Facebook ESPECIALLY has absolutely nothing to do with NOW!

Fans whine.

Really, DC's only real misstep this far has been Zero Month, and that's because about 75% of them apparently sucked.
Really? So far all of the ones I've read have been good, and were received really well on here.

Detectivr, Batman, Batman Inc, Wonder Woman, JLA, Superman, Animal Man, Swamp Thing, etc.

The only #0 issues that have gotten panned have belonged to the series that consistently get panned in general; Teen Titans, Catwoman, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"