Marvel Now - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you think they'll ever drop Emma's incredibly sexist outfit...?

Why? She's a ****e in personality, why not be a ****e in what she wears too.

I still don't get why he has to use younger versions of the O5. He could hit the family angle without that nonsense.

I don't see the problem with bringing back the O5. It's a story beat that could actually be interesting with how dramatically most of them have changed in recent years. Now granted, ongoing it could get old but I'm willing to see how it plays out for a while.

It's better than having yet another militaryesque story or just repeating old stories over and over and over. It's something new so I can dig it.

I think it's one of those situations where people dog a storyline without giving it a shot, though it could turn into a good thing. The potential is there.

Bachalo is awful at designing costumes

Nor is he very original at it. It looks like he's aping parts of his take on AoA Magneto for this design, at least the helmet and the big chunky belt.

drawingseriesmagnetobyj.jpg

He did the same thing when he started with Carey's run on adjectiveless X-Men and reused his version of AoA Rogue:

xmenageofapocalypsevol1.jpg

I can't really think of an X Men artist I particually like. I used to like Land...

I like Bradshaw. Pacheco was also a joy.

I stopped liking Land after he left Sojourn years ago.

That is how Bachalo has drawn Magneto's helmet for a long time. Even in Ultimate X-Men's Ultimate War. I don't think it is a lack of creativity.

Last edited:
There have been some great X-Men artists in the past. If you look at the last 20 year or so, there was Lee, Madureira (I think I spelled that right), Quitely, Cassady, both Kuberts, Romita Jr, plenty of others I am sure I forgot.

Nor is he very original at it. It looks like he's aping parts of his take on AoA Magneto for this design, at least the helmet and the big chunky belt.

drawingseriesmagnetobyj.jpg
He also gave Lady Mastermind, AOA Dazzler's costume
dazzlm.jpg

He did the same thing when he started with Carey's run on adjectiveless X-Men and reused his version of AoA Rogue:

xmenageofapocalypsevol1.jpg
As for this though, he wasnt reusing her AoA costume. He was using her original costumethat she wore back in the 80s. Its what he previously had her in back in the 90s when he drew Uncanny. The only thing he added was a cape

Do you think they'll ever drop Emma's incredibly sexist outfit...?

Well they dropped Ms. Marvel's old bathing suit costume when she got promoted to Captain Marvel so I suppose it's possible.

Based on the cover of Uncanny #1, it looks like Emma is fairly covered up in a black outfit (if that is her on the cover)

Which i think is super lame

like CConn said, she's kind of a ****e, nothing wrong with dressing the characters appropriately.
That and, since when does female empowerment = fully covering your body??
Some women just enjoy looking sexy and showing off, using their looks as power over us weak men.
Not all female characters should be in bondage outfits, but Emma Frost most definitely should.

prv14180_pg4.jpg

Who's the guy on the left? Is that a variation of Thor?

Oh thanks. I thought hte guy on the right was Odin

Oh thanks. I thought hte guy on the right was Odin
No, that's future Thor who happens to wear the Destroyer armor as his own.

Gillens second Iron Man arc:
IronMan_6_Cover_02.jpg

Gillen’s second Iron Man arc starts in February, “Godkiller.” It’s set in space, and is essentially what happened “in between” Gillen’s first story on the book, and Tony Stark joining the Guardians of the Galaxy.

The story will deal in part with Iron Man’s dealings with the Phoenix in Avengers vs. X-Men, and how he’s continuing to question the way he looks at the world.

“It’s basically a Conan story, with Tony Stark in the position of Conan,” Gillen says.

As seen, Tony has a new suit of armor, that he’s been building for this purpose. “Tony has been having a crisis of his belief. Tony wasn’t really expecting this. He kind of falls into it.”

At first, Iron Man thinks he’s in a ’60s space opera, Gillen says, but soon realizes that it’s something much more deconstructionist.

I wish Iron Man was staying on Earth, and not involved with the Guardians of the Galaxy.

Geez, all that Thor art is just too beautiful to pass up on... :( So much for me cutting back. :p

plus he's stepping on the phoenix force

Is Iron Man hanging with DnA's GOTG or Bendis' Avengers Assemble GOTG?

God knows, he's nearly as busy as Wolverine :o

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back