Marvel Now - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
My only issue with that would be X-23. She's in Avengers Arena and is supposed to be there as an ongoing status, and no one knows their there, or can't find them. Having her both there and in a title with Wolerine would just be frustrating and stupid.

I'm expecting another Woverine book that I can ignore.

Kewl. I actually have a Kindle Fire (too cheap to buy an iPad) with an existing Comixology account. I'll have to check it out.
Typical. No Kindle Fire app from Marvel. :cmad:

My only issue with that would be X-23. She's in Avengers Arena and is supposed to be there as an ongoing status, and no one knows their there, or can't find them. Having her both there and in a title with Wolerine would just be frustrating and stupid.
Considering Wolverine, himself is consistently in 5+ books at a time, that would just be a minor issue one would be expected to overlook

Alan Davis......I don't think I can skip this. That guy is legend.............wait for it......

If its another Wolvie book but with his sniktlings, then I'd be willing to check it out. If X23 is in there, I'll just happily pretend that Avengers Arena isn't happening. :awesome:

If its another Wolvie book but with his sniktlings, then I'd be willing to check it out. If X23 is in there, I'll just happily pretend that Avengers Arena isn't happening. :awesome:

Either way, I am already pretending that.

Ok everyone, I know I have said this before, but I am really wanting to get back into X-Men. I was really expecting AvX to by my jumping-back-on point after a year or two away. That didn't really pan out the way I hoped. I really considered getting All New X-Men, but the premise of the book REALLY doesn't interest me. So I was thinking I could wait for Uncanny X-Men, but even that just isn't doing it for me either.

So my question is, could you all please sell me on Wolverine and the X-Men. I picked up one issue, which was the first tie-in book to AvX, and it was penciled by Bachalo, so, there's that. I kept hearing that this book suffered a lot because of AvX. This book actually has X-Men I am more interested in that the others (Wolverine, Iceman, Kitty, Beast), but it also has students who I really don't know if I will give a rat's ass about.

Well anyway, I think #20 came out this week, and #21 next week. Please, for the love of God, talk me into buying this book after already deciding to not spend my very small comic budget money on All New X-Men, Indestructible Hulk, Thunderbolts (not out yet, but I have already decided against it), and Talon (which I actually kinda dug #0 and #1.

All New X-Men was actually good and that seems to be the general consensus so far. I still say go for that.

That aside, W&tXM has been fantastic. It was great leading up to AvX. There were a coule good tie-ins but most were just okay. The two issues since have been good (last issue better than the newest in my opinion).

If you get a chance to buy back issues or trades, I'd recommend Uncanny X-Force as well. The first year and a half was fantastic (and it sorta influenced portions of W&tXM) and it's been good since then. I think there's only 2 more issues until the series ends.

So my question is, could you all please sell me on Wolverine and the X-Men.

I think bottom line, what I love most about the series is that it's just FUN. It's really well written and just a blast to read, while still having stories that matter. It's that mixture that make it probably my favorite Marvel book being published.

Thanks for the feedback so far.

JewishHobbit, I actually did read the first like 4-5 issues of Uncanny X-Force and really liked what I read, but do to budget concerns, had to cut a whole lot (then everything, for about a year). I am hoping to be able to get the full run in trades one day (but I am do far behind on trade collecting that who knows I'd that will ever happen).

Sync your ComiXology and your Marvel accounts, and you can use the ComiXology app.

http://blog.comixology.com/2012/08/...c-across-both-comixology-and-marvel-accounts/
You know I did that and while my computer sees both my Comixolgy account and the Marvel comic code that I redeemed, both my Fire and my ipod sees only my Comixology stuff and not the Marvel. :( Unless it takes time for them to all sync up? It took me forever to get all the devices with the proper accounts and it was still an epic fail. :(

I can tell you that reading the Marvel comic with the Marvel app on my iPod was horrible, not easy like my Fire with the Comixology app.

EDIT: I had two comixology accounts (somehow?) and was logging in with the different one which was why it wasn't seeing everything I had. I dunno. Anyhow, the Fire comixology app doesn't still see the Marvel book at all but my iPod does (WTF?). The Fire sees the Marvel book as long as log onto the comixology web page, not the app that came with Fire even if I use the same log in which makes zero sense. This means I have to use the web controls to read it which I can tell you was horrible beyond measure. BUT if I log in to Comixology (correctly, lol) on my iPod, it sees all and the reader (which was not the web reader or the Marvel monstrosity) was actually pretty easy to read on. The moral of the story here kiddos, is that The Fire pretty much sucks, which I've known for some time now. You want to eRead Comics, you need an iPad or maybe some other android tablet, but not the Fire. :(

Last edited:
Ok everyone, I know I have said this before, but I am really wanting to get back into X-Men. I was really expecting AvX to by my jumping-back-on point after a year or two away. That didn't really pan out the way I hoped. I really considered getting All New X-Men, but the premise of the book REALLY doesn't interest me. So I was thinking I could wait for Uncanny X-Men, but even that just isn't doing it for me either.

So my question is, could you all please sell me on Wolverine and the X-Men. I picked up one issue, which was the first tie-in book to AvX, and it was penciled by Bachalo, so, there's that. I kept hearing that this book suffered a lot because of AvX. This book actually has X-Men I am more interested in that the others (Wolverine, Iceman, Kitty, Beast), but it also has students who I really don't know if I will give a rat's ass about.

Well anyway, I think #20 came out this week, and #21 next week. Please, for the love of God, talk me into buying this book after already deciding to not spend my very small comic budget money on All New X-Men, Indestructible Hulk, Thunderbolts (not out yet, but I have already decided against it), and Talon (which I actually kinda dug #0 and #1.
Wolverine and the X-Men is absolutely worth picking up. I've been reading X-Men for a long time and Aaron's WatX run ranks up there with Whedon's Astonishing and the Lobdell/Nicieza run of the 90s. It's fun, it focuses on the characters, and it feels like reading the old comics where it was just telling stories to tell stories, not telling stories to be packaged as a hardcover. And while it's unfortunate it got (slightly) sidetracked to tie-in with AvX, this book told some of the best tie-in issues that made the main story tolerable. issue #20 just came out yesterday so you can easily catch up on the series in trades.

Last edited:
Iron Man #1 has some of the worst art I've ever seen. My God. Tony...what happened to your FACE?

Deadpool #1 was hilarious and enjoyable, though.

Those are the only ones I've read so far.

The only way I'd be interested in "Snikt" is if Daken is involved. I find him way more interesting than his father. His solo sold poorly though didn't it?

You know I did that and while my computer sees both my Comixolgy account and the Marvel comic code that I redeemed, both my Fire and my ipod sees only my Comixology stuff and not the Marvel. :( Unless it takes time for them to all sync up? It took me forever to get all the devices with the proper accounts and it was still an epic fail. :(

I can tell you that reading the Marvel comic with the Marvel app on my iPod was horrible, not easy like my Fire with the Comixology app.

EDIT: I had two comixology accounts (somehow?) and was logging in with the different one which was why it wasn't seeing everything I had. I dunno. Anyhow, the Fire comixology app doesn't still see the Marvel book at all but my iPod does (WTF?). The Fire sees the Marvel book as long as log onto the comixology web page, not the app that came with Fire even if I use the same log in which makes zero sense. This means I have to use the web controls to read it which I can tell you was horrible beyond measure. BUT if I log in to Comixology (correctly, lol) on my iPod, it sees all and the reader (which was not the web reader or the Marvel monstrosity) was actually pretty easy to read on. The moral of the story here kiddos, is that The Fire pretty much sucks, which I've known for some time now. You want to eRead Comics, you need an iPad or maybe some other android tablet, but not the Fire. :(

I feel your pain, the Nook Tablet can be just as bad.

Iron Man #1 has some of the worst art I've ever seen. My God. Tony...what happened to your FACE?

Deadpool #1 was hilarious and enjoyable, though.

Those are the only ones I've read so far.

This man happened :o
2109889-gl1.jpg

Land22.jpg

GregLand.jpg

I think I'm done with WatXM.

When the book started, it actually seemed important and meaningful. Now, it feels like its just degraded into meaningless slapstick while all the real action happens in Bendis' X-Men.

I enjoyed All New X-Men, but the previews gave away have the friggin comic away, so it was a fast predicable read. AR app rules.

Still need to read Thor and Fantastic Four.

I haven't read All New X-Men yet, but I do wish WatXM would get more serious.

We still haven't gotten Uncanny Avengers 2 yet, grrrr.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"