Marvel TV Series Marvel On Disney Streaming Service (aka Disney +)

Other than a Young Avengers set up, What characters do you think/hope we'll see iin the Disney+ shows?

Where are we at with those John Cena/John"US Agent"Walker rumours/theories?
Is the Sif series definitely on and will Beta Ray Bill appear in that?
Will Clint stick around as Ronin after training Kate Bishop to be the next Hawkeye?
What's going to become of Rhodey after Endgame? His fellow teammates from the end of AoU all seem to be retiring to Disney+ so will he head this way too?

They could very easily set up several teams out of these series, Young Avengers, a reserve former Avengers team and possibly even Omega Flight and have the Initiative be a thing.

I don't want to speculate on shows going beyond the style of the ones they have. In other words, they seem to be doing shows using characters established in the movies. I also recognize concerns about prequels when a character's fate is known. But a young Yondu movie would be an interesting idea. Bring in his original Raveger buddies to go with the classic Guardians of the Galaxy and have some fun with it.

Other than a Young Avengers set up, What characters do you think/hope we'll see iin the Disney+ shows?

Where are we at with those John Cena/John"US Agent"Walker rumours/theories?
Is the Sif series definitely on and will Beta Ray Bill appear in that?
Will Clint stick around as Ronin after training Kate Bishop to be the next Hawkeye?
What's going to become of Rhodey after Endgame? His fellow teammates from the end of AoU all seem to be retiring to Disney+ so will he head this way too?

They could very easily set up several teams out of these series, Young Avengers, a reserve former Avengers team and possibly even Omega Flight and have the Initiative be a thing.
I'm confident Cena will get a CBM role at some point.

And I really hope so on Sif, BRB, Hawkeye/Ronin and Kate Bishop.

Rhodey however I would like to continue at least in the background, and also returning for the biggest team films.

Sounds good on multiple potential teams as a result. :up:

Nepotism at its finest. In all seriousness that would be very cool. To see him still work at Marvel after playing Cap.

That news has actually made me more excited for a winter soldier/falcon series. I wonder who they will choose as the villain? It’s funny the scarlet witch series has talent involved already but there’s been no announcements about ws and f, maybe they’re waiting for end game to finish

The rumor was John Cena as U.S. Agent would be the antagonist, I think.

Oh that would be cool! Then again, US agent was used in Jessica jones

Hopefully that means a director's cameo :cwink:

Yeah! Like, falcon and winter soldier are having lunch in a cafe and winter soldier starts moaning with delight and Steve leans in at a different table and says “I’ll have what she’s having”

They could have a series about Sif waking up naked in a sports bag in Times Square with tattoos all over her body, and no memory of how she got there. :o

Sif: *on recovering her memory* ". . . LOKI! WHEN I GET MY HANDS ON YOU I'M GOING TO TEAR YOUR HEAD OFF AND FEED IT TO A BILGESNIPE!"

*ahem* :D

I imagine the Disney show if it happens will be limited (less than 10 episodes) so they can probably work around her schedule.

This doesn’t really excite me though. She’s fine but I never really walked out of a Thor movie wanting to see more of her. Too bad they blew up Asgard and killed everyone. I’d rather watch a series with her and the warriors three if they are going this route.
She was pretty good in her AoS involvement, way better than what we saw of her in the 2 Thor films. If least she actually seemed superhuman there.

I'd love it if a Lady Sif show incorporated the stuff she did in Agents of SHIELD and brought back Lorelei.
I've always been bummed that they forgot about that story and never came back to it.

Key words are animated adult. I'm excited to see it, but I thought it had bigger implications when I saw Dazzler than it does (and I also still want MODOK to appear on Agents of SHIELD).

These could be very fun, though.

I've always been bummed that they forgot about that story and never came back to it.

See, I don't think they forgot about it. The central premise was that Loki was recruiting allies for him in Asgard. They didn't necessarily need to do anything else on Agents of SHIELD, although the possibilities were certainly open either on the show or in a movie. The direction Ragnarok took somewhat ended those options, though.

4 Adult cartoon shows at once then combining I don't think sounds like the best model to begin with. 1 show was too risque and over the top in Deadpool for Marvel TV to feel comfortable with is the perception I got from reading the news pertaining to this (Whether the Deadpool cartoon is something I really wanted to see though I am kind of doubting but that's besides the point). I think Marvel TV should test the waters with 1 or 2 shows first and not really have a pre-planned arrangement to combine them.

Sure this is animation and not live action. I have no idea what the budgets will be on these shows. Still, testing the waters on what works and what doesn't as well as coming to terms on how far they're willing to go and whether it actually sells to adult viewers I think needs to be carefully accessed streaming service or not.

There were some issues I think with the Netflix shows and the model they followed there with budget allocation and pre-planned notions of combining the 4. Just do 1 show at a time. Howard the Duck, perhaps a separate project, then after a while deciding on what works to combine and what doesn't.

The past should be used as a learning experience if possible and applicable...

Last edited:
So wait, you're skipping all four because of the producer of one?

Jeph Loeb's involvement is enough to cause me to skip all of them until and unless I see proof that they aren't the usual bullshirt we've seen from Marvel Animation under his guidance.

Jeph Loeb's involvement is enough to cause me to skip all of them until and unless I see proof that they aren't the usual bull**** we've seen from Marvel Animation under his guidance.
Jeph Loeb gets a lot of criticism for Marvel Animation but I feel he did a good job of with what he had to work with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"