Marvel TV Series Marvel On Disney Streaming Service (aka Disney +)

I am assuming these cartoons are not intended to be MCU adjacent or anything, correct?

Jeph Loeb gets a lot of criticism for Marvel Animation but I feel he did a good job of with what he had to work with.
I disagree.
Doing a good job would have been to allow Earth Mighties Heroes to continue, to green light further seasons of Spectacular Spidey, and to produce more shows of that caliber.
Instead, he cancelled the good stuff and produced dumb, much inferior replacements.

I disagree.
Doing a good job would have been to allow Earth Mighties Heroes to continue, to green light further seasons of Spectacular Spidey, and to produce more shows of that caliber.
Instead, he cancelled the good stuff and produced dumb, much inferior replacements.
Earth Mightiest Heroes stopping was sad, but Spectacular Spider-Man was a SONY show.

Marvel has always kept rights for animation in-house. Sony being one of the production companies has no bearing on the decision to cancel. The 2nd season aired directly on Disney XD. If they decided to continue it, we could've had the 65 episodes that Weisman intended, whether Sony wanted to or not. Regardless, having something as good as that show being replaced by the crap that was Ultimate is squarely on Loeb.

Marvel’s god of mischief has a showrunner.
Loki, one of the first series that Marvel Studios will be making for Disney’s streaming service Disney+, has landed Michael Waldon as its point person. Waldron will write the pilot, act as show creator and exec produce the series.

Tom Hiddleston is expected to star in the series, reprising the fan favorite character he first played in 2011’s Thor.

The character apparently met his demise in last year’s Avengers: Infinity War, even before the census altering dematerialization of half the universe, but Marvel may have found a run around that little impediment.

Sources say the show will follow Loki as the trickster and shapeshifter pops up throughout human history as unlikely influencer on historical events.
Marvel's 'Loki' Series Lands 'Rick and Morty' Writer (Exclusive)

Marvel has always kept rights for animation in-house. Sony being one of the production companies has no bearing on the decision to cancel.
Uh actual it does. Marvel got the animation rights back but Sony still retained the "Spectacular Spider-Man" IP. Meaning if Marvel wanted to continue the show, they would have had to pay Sony to do it. As much as it sucks, from a business standpoint it doesn't make any sense for Marvel/Disney to pay another company to continue a show for a character they own (animation wise), when they can create their own show in house. Greg Weisman has literally stated this several times.

Point taken, but that doesn't mean it was Sony's decision to cancel Spectacular. And, it has nothing to do with the quality of the show that followed, for which i hold Loeb accountable, which was the point of my post and i clarified in the statement flowing what you quoted.

I'm confident Cena will get a CBM role at some point.

And I really hope so on Sif, BRB, Hawkeye/Ronin and Kate Bishop.

Rhodey however I would like to continue at least in the background, and also returning for the biggest team films.

Sounds good on multiple potential teams as a result. :up:

I want Cena for Sandman

any tentative/rumored month for the service's premiere?

Scarlet Witch and Vision is at the writers room stage apparently, so I presume the Loki series might be much further along.

Potential episodes of the top of my head if it gets confirmed:

What if Steve Rogers had not been frozen and continued to live in his own time?
What if the Super Soldier serum became widely used throughout history?
What if Loki had received Thor's hammer?
What if Ross had let Abomination on the Avengers?
What if the Hulk went berserk and could not be stopped? (either on the Helicarrier or in Johannesburg)
What if Nick Fury used his pager to call Carol during the battle of New York?
What if Hydra had successfully used project insight?
What if the Maximoffs remained loyal to Hydra?
What if Ultron's vision of Vision had been succesful?
What if Quicksilver had not died?
What if all Avengers had signed the Sokovia Accords?
What if Stephen Strange had not used his phone while driving?
What if Star-Lord could control himself and didn't punch Thanos?
What if Mar-Vell had succesfully fought of Yon-Rogg and survived?
What if Carol Danvers had killed Talos and the other Skrulls aboard his ship?

Last edited:
Hopefully a different production house handles the animation. Titmouse is handling the Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur cartoon.

I really do hope they make the cartoon with an eye to being actual MCU What Ifs, rather than just drawing from the comics.

What if Justin Hammer became Iron Man?
(Scenario - the government successfully sues Stark for his suit and intellectual property and hands it over to Hammer Industries. Hilarity ensues!)

What if Bucky became Captain America in the 1950s?
(Scenario - Bucky doesn't fall off the train and Cap still gets frozen. Bucky takes on the mantle of Captain America and becomes commie bustin' Captain America in the 1950s)

What if Loki turned Thor into a frog?
(Scenario - Throg!)

What if Thanos replaced Loki in leading the Chituari invasion?
(Scenario - Thanos with two Infinity Stones backed by the Chituari? Ruh Roh.

What if the Guardians died on Xandar?

(Scenario - Meet the New Guardians! - Howard the Duck, Cosmo, Nebula and Baby Groot.

What if Bob Iger and Alan Horn sided with Ike Perlmutter and not Kevin Feige before Civil War?
What if Marvel never sold the rights to all their characters in the 80s and 90s?
What if Avi Arad never brought Kevin Feige to Marvel Studios after X-Men?
What if Sony had bought the movie rights to most of the characters and not just Spider-man?
What if David Maisel never got hired at Marvel and Marvel was still licensing their characters out?
What if Disney never bought Marvel in 2009?

Mine are boring :)

I will likely watch the What If show, but it is hardly one of my more anticipated things.

What if Ultron was actually a competent villain and defeated the Avengers?

What if Ultron was actually a competent villain and defeated the Avengers?

I doubt Feige and Co. will rewrite AOU, but there's a lot to work with here:

What if Ultron created his drones out of a material other than paper mache?
What if they weren't drones and were actually additional hard-to-defeat Ultrons?
What if they included specialized versions like non humanoid forms (Ultron 6) and giants (Ultron 7)?
What if Ultron didn't have lips?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"