Marvel TV Series Marvel On Disney Streaming Service (aka Disney +)

deadpool solo's make way too much money but the disney+ medium would be great for him.

this would also be a great medium to start introducing the x-men. can do one character at a time in series format to develop them rather quickly instead of a 2-3 solo movie arc.

WandaVision?

I thought they would start calling her Scarlet Witch with this show. Apparently not...

WandaVision... I think I know that brand of tv.

Any info if Disney+ is gunna launch on PS4 and XB1 on day one??

Sometimes they seem to be a bit behind on new streaming apps

On the picture they released I saw they included the PlayStation so I assume Xbox too.

I pretty much can’t use it if it’s not on the PlayStation

ps4 app will be available at launch with Xbox and switch at a later date.

logo looks good

However, that monthly fee is too much for me. I don't live in America but my internet, cable, phone number service, gym fee, water, electricity are much cheaper than what Disney + is asking for monthly. So yikes at that price.

your gym is cheaper than 6$ a month?? what the hell is that gym?? :funny:

I was wondering about the cable, internet, phone and electricity for less than $6.99 per month each. My internet/cable/tv cost the equivalent of a car payment. (Is it any wonder I hate Comcast?) And my summer electricity bill is at least double that. I can't imagine a paradise on Earth where any of those things cost as little as Disney+. :eek:

I was wondering about the cable, internet, phone and electricity for less than $6.99 per month each. My internet/cable/tv cost the equivalent of a car payment. (Is it any wonder I hate Comcast?) And my summer electricity bill is at least double that. I can't imagine a paradise on Earth where any of those things cost as little as Disney+. :eek:
I misread it, I thought 69.99 was the monthly fee. But my monthly cable/cellphone fee/water costs less than ten dollars. Gym fee is the most expensive, I think its 55 dollars per month if converted to American dollars.

Any info if Disney+ is gunna launch on PS4 and XB1 on day one??

Sometimes they seem to be a bit behind on new streaming apps

What I want to know is, will they have a streaming app on smart TVs? My TV has all of the major services, along with several minor ones. I'm hoping for a firmware update that adds Disney+ so that I don't have to buy a stupid Roku stick.

By the way, @Spider-Fan & @flickchick85 when will we get forums for the new Disney+ MCU shows in the Television section? We need somewhere to talk about our pie-in-the-sky dreams for these things. You can always archive the Inhumans and Netflix forums if space is needed. :-)

By the way, @Spider-Fan & @flickchick85 when will we get forums for the new Disney+ MCU shows in the Television section? We need somewhere to talk about our pie-in-the-sky dreams for these things. You can always archive the Inhumans and Netflix forums if space is needed. :-)

Lol, but yeah I do think only AoS and Agent Carter will be cannon to the MCU. Feige made that kind of clear yesterday.

The rest, including Hulu and Freeform ones will be legacy Loebverse things. It sucks to miss good/great Daredevil and Punisher interpretations, but really it's for the best. I mean ideally Feige would do a soft reboot of DD and Punisher with that cast and ignore Luke Cage, JJ, Defenders, Runaways, Cloak and Dagger, and especially Iron Fist and Inhumans. He'd introduce them organically when they feel like it.

We can't do any of that, unfortunately. That's beyond our powers. I'm still waiting for the PTB's to get going on a Doom Patrol forum, a show that's 9 episodes into its first season, so I'm guessing it will be a while. :(

The request has been made, though.

Last edited:
Different movies have different broadcast/streaming contracts. They usually get licensed to various outlets for a set period of time after those outlets bid on them. For example, I believe I saw Amazon Prime currently has Iron Man 2. They had Iron Man for a while, but that license already expired. Last I checked, Sony seemed to have an exclusive contract with Starz, so that's where Homecoming went. The Turner networks and FX tend to be the ones who got certain older Marvel flicks after they left the premiums. When those licenses expire, I'm sure those movies will revert to Disney+. The deals for the more recent Marvel flicks (late 2017 and beyond) were probably made knowing Disney+ was coming, so that was kept in mind.
Good to know, thanks for that.

Having all the Marvel films (and shows) under one roof will be a big deal for fans and also much of the GA. You’d be able to start a marathon from your phone or tablet at any time.

Lol, but yeah I do think only AoS and Agent Carter will be cannon to the MCU. Feige made that kind of clear yesterday.

The rest, including Hulu and Freeform ones will be legacy Loebverse things. It sucks to miss good/great Daredevil and Punisher interpretations, but really it's for the best. I mean ideally Feige would do a soft reboot of DD and Punisher with that cast and ignore Luke Cage, JJ, Defenders, Runaways, Cloak and Dagger, and especially Iron Fist and Inhumans. He'd introduce them organically when they feel like it.
Is a soft reboot like that all ok to do? I think doing that for the very best characters from the Netflix shows while ignoring the rest would be ideal for many people.

Is a soft reboot like that all ok to do? I think doing that for the very best characters from the Netflix shows while ignoring the rest would be ideal for many people.

From what we've read regarding actor contracts and lock out periods it appears to be much more complicated than its worth to bring the Netflix characters to the MCU in their current form. And with Disney now competing directly with their former partner it makes sense to consider the shows left behind as "non canon" and (eventually) move on with rebooted characters.

With the Mouse in full consolidation mode I am wondering what will happen with Marvel TV. Though Loeb and his team have had recent success with YA programs, future live action shows will be a tough sell in an era when MCU Proper series are available for streaming. Marvel TV is doing adult animation with Hulu and has mediocre animated programs on Disney XD, but Marvel Studios is also doing animation with What If. Iger may end up pulling another piece from the Perlmutter empire.

Yeah, we NEED this! :up:

I hope they announce all their shows way in advance so we have plenty of time to talk about them and throw speculation around. I would also love them to get announced with film slate announcements so we could see how everything ties together.

From what we've read regarding actor contracts and lock out periods it appears to be much more complicated than its worth to bring the Netflix characters to the MCU in their current form. And with Disney now competing directly with their former partner it makes sense to consider the shows left behind as "non canon" and (eventually) move on with rebooted characters.

With the Mouse in full consolidation mode I am wondering what will happen with Marvel TV. Though Loeb and his team have had recent success with YA programs, future live action shows will be a tough sell in an era when MCU Proper series are available for streaming. Marvel TV is doing adult animation with Hulu and has mediocre animated programs on Disney XD, but Marvel Studios is also doing animation with What If. Iger may end up pulling another piece from the Perlmutter empire.
Oh that’s a shame. But still probably for the best. And I hope as much as possible gets taken away from Perlmutter.

D3-EdaLXsAIySiK.jpg

D3-EdaKX4AAp4-N.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"