Marvel On Disney Streaming Service (aka Disney +)

Discussion in 'Upcoming Marvel on Disney+' started by babykhris, Aug 12, 2018.

1. Evil Twin Registered

There's no evidence that they have anything ready sooner than Ms. Marvel. If so, they had no reason to hide it.

2. LoganPool Freedom Over Fear

I can't post it because there's a "bad word" in it, but DanielRPK just seemingly confirmed a Marvel Studios Daredevil series.

Edit: I can post this one though.

Iceman likes this.
  3. Dr. Evil Registered

Maybe not, but 100% they will show TV spots for Boba Fett. I will be shocked if the NBA games come and go and there are no spots for Boba Fett.

4. Dr. Evil Registered

That's going to infuriate a lot of people because it will mean...."blah blah blah too many quips and jokes because MCU. He'll be neutered!"

Having said that, I could see a model where if Disney+ decides not to have an adult section in the United States, I could see this on Hulu and then Disney+ Premiere Access if you want to keep it's tone. I am curious at what a PG-13 Daredevil looks like though.

#1504 Dr. Evil, Nov 14, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2021
  5. Drizzle Penguin Silvia

Even though it had a TV-MA rating, the Netflix series always struck me as a hard PG-13 apart from the Kingpin scene with the car door in S1 and the Punisher vs. inmates scene in S2. I'd imagine the tone for a Disney+ DD show would be a bit lighter than the Netflix DD but still mature enough.

I'm not too worried since Falcon and Winter Soldier had some fairly mature content.

[​IMG]

Moon Knight also looks to be darker than the usual MCU projects.

Dr. Evil and Kev4000 like this.
  6. Dr. Evil Registered

Also people will be upset that a Daredevil series will be too much of the MCU humor.

Here's the way I see it in regards to the Netflix characters: These characters are street level heroes, so the big three (as Sam Wilson calls it) of aliens, wizards and robots could make for some humorous moments for the Netflix heroes having never dealt with any of the big three before. It could also make for some interesting storylines, especially with Matt Murdock's unwillingness to go over the line and kill (although he's come close) but if it came down to it, would he kill aliens to save the world?

7. Albright Eeh…

Just my assumption, but Marvel released teaser/trailer during the run of the current series.
    Trailer for F&WS after episode 5 of WV
    Trailer for Loki after episode 3 of F&WS
    What if received a trailer after the 5th episode of Loki aired.
    Hawkeye received a teaser after the 5th episode of What if

I think we can expect a teaser for She-Hulk/Moon Knight before the finale of Hawkeye airs. I highly doubt, that Marvel Studios will let subscribers into 2022 without knowing, what the next series for Marvel will be in, probably March. That won’t affect the marketing for BoBF.

8. Mike Murdock Registered

Also, Daredevil can be quite humorous at times too. The character reached his darkest during the era of Miller, Brubaker, and Diggle. It became much lighter during Waid's run. Here is an article from 2010 just before Waid's run starts talking about how unusually dark Daredevil currently is. The article rightly points out that even Frank Miller's run had some moments of genuine levity. The Paper Chase and the issue where Foggy gets to be a hero are two examples that immediately spring to mind.

If they go with Frank Miller as the baseline, there's room for a serious show that also has humor.

Dr. Evil likes this.
  9. Albright Eeh…

10. Dr. Evil Registered

11. Dr. Evil Registered

I had zero interest in Werewolf By Night.....until they cast Gael Garcia Bernal, which is IMO, the most exciting casting choice in the MCU so far. I wasn't all that surprised when they had Cate Blanchett as Hela in Thor: Ragnarok because she had been in the Lord of Rings/Hobbit movies and Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, so it wasn't like Hollywood blockbusters was a new thing for Cate. Don't get me wrong, Cate was a nice addition to the cast and I liked her role as Hela, I just wasn't surprised she was announced. Same for Rachel Weisz as Melina in Black Widow. She was in the first two Mummy movies, Constantine and the Bourne Legacy, so major Hollywood studio films wasn't a new thing for her as well. Bernal surprised me because of his filmography. The only major studio film Gael has done is voiceover for Coco.

If you had asked me back in September "between Gael Garcia Bernal and Diego Luna, who is most likely to land an MCU project?" I would have said Luna because of his role as Cassian Andor. This casting of Bernal interests me though, moreso than if Luna was to have joined the MCU. If Luna had landed the role of Werewolf by Night, my reaction would have been like "oh that's cool!" but with Bernal it's different because of the type of projects he usually does. Bernal is one of my favorite Latino actors right now, having been a fan of his (and Luna's) since Y Tu Mama Tambien. If they had cast Anthony Ramos for the role as originally rumored, my interest in Werewolf by Night would have been none. With Bernal, I am on board 100% and cannot wait for it to come out.

#1511 Dr. Evil, Nov 26, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2021
  12. Venom 1988 formerly Ultimate_Venom

So it was confirmed yesterday that The Book of Boba Fett is only going to be 7 episodes, not 9 as it was previously rumored. So if that's the case the next MCU show could start as early as February 16th or the 23rd, if they plan on doing a Disney Galley episode for Boba Fett.

13. Albright Eeh…

My guess is, we‘ll learn about the next MCU series, before the finale of Hawkeye aired.

Probably between the release of NWH and the Hawkeye finale

14. Dr. Evil Registered

I am excited for Book of Boba Fett.

15. SirStrangefolk Champion of Life

Destin Daniel Crettin is working on an unannounced Disney+ show.
    Destin Daniel Cretton Inks Marvel Studios & Hulu’s Onyx Collective Deal; ‘Shang-Chi’ Sequel A Go – Deadline

My guess is that it's either a Shang-Chi spinoff for someone like Xialing and the Ten Rings, or something like Agents of Atlas.

I think this could potentially also be the show that will introduce a Southeast Asian hero Kevin Feige mentioned:
    Marvel’s Kevin Feige Announces Possibility Of A Southeast Asian Superhero In The MCU

As well as potentially being the project Qui Nguyen (Raya and the Last Dragon) is writing for
    'Raya and The Last Dragon' Writer Qui Nguyen Working on A Marvel Studios Project - Murphy's Multiverse

16. Albright Eeh…

those rumors of the series about the Ten Rings leaked the same day, the rumors for that Agatha and Echo show leaked.
    2 of 3 have been officially confirmed, so series about the Ten Rings will be confirmed as well.
    It could also introduce Agents of Atlas. KF also said during the D+ launch in South Korea, that there will be a asian superhero team in the future.

17. TheVileOne Registered

Agents of Atlas weren't strictly Asian though. One was also a Gorilla man.

18. Venom 1988 formerly Ultimate_Venom

I think he's referring to the new Agents of Atlas team in the comics at the moment. It pretty much consist of Asian super heroes.

19. TheVileOne Registered

If you do Agents of Atlas without Gorilla-Man then there really is no point in doing it.

20. Albright Eeh…

A24A9765-F92D-406C-80C0-41B35BAD3959.jpeg
    Yeah the roster with Crescent & Io, Silk, …But I mostly want to see those 2. Especially that Bear

#1520 Albright, Dec 6, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2021
  21. Dr. Evil Registered

The Ten Rings Series will be one of those I won't watch, at least not until long after all episodes air. That's how I will deal with Disney+ MCU shows I have no interest in at the start. I will binge them all at once if there's something I am missing out on. I did this with What If? when I heard a lot of positive reviews for the finale.

22. psylockolussus Merry Mutant

Hmmm they would need a bigger budget for this than the previous shows for the vfX to look not Tv budget.

23. Dr. Evil Registered

I guess I am the only one who doesn't care about CGI and VFX when I watch anything MCU. That's good to know.

24. psylockolussus Merry Mutant

You are saying this because? If you are fine with a Mcu series to have a vfX in the same level as the vfX in Syfy and broadcast network shows. Okay.

But I'd like the production value of these shows, including vfX to be on par with the mcu films especially if these shows are going to be part of the MCU canon.

25. Dr. Evil Registered

No. The things I look for most in the MCU (and all movies and TV shows for that matter) are stories and character development. If both of those are not good and the CGI is great, it doesn't matter to me, it's a bad movie. That's how I see it.