Marvel On Disney Streaming Service (aka Disney +)

Discussion in 'Upcoming Marvel on Disney+' started by babykhris, Aug 12, 2018.

1. Dr. Evil Registered

There will be people furious at this news because they want their Daredevil to be dark and moody. I think he can work in a PG-13 format. Most Netflix characters can do well in that format.

#1551 Dr. Evil, Dec 24, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2021
  2. Dr. Evil Registered

#1552 Dr. Evil, Jan 11, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2022
    Venom 1988 likes this.
  3. Albright Eeh…

Looks like it’ll be I am Groot before Ms.Marvel and She-Hulk

#1553 Albright, Jan 18, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2022
    Venom 1988 likes this.
  4. Kev4000 Registered

Moon Knight, She-Hulk and Ms. Marvel and propably I am Groot and The Holiday special are left then.

5. SirStrangefolk Champion of Life

Okay by pure coincidence I came across the character I was thinking of. It was Glyph from the supernatural version of the Howling Commandos. I found this article, which must be the thing I was thinking of with another character they may have had plans for as part of the Hulu "Adventure into Fear" series before it got canceled. Until I came across this I had legitimately started to believe I may have just made this character and the fact that more Hulu series were rumoured up in a dream and convinced myself it was real or something.
    Will Marvel Announce TV Shows Based on Hellstorm and Glyph?

6. Albright Eeh…

7. TheVileOne Registered

So all the TV-MA Marvel Netflix shows are now Disney+ shows. And they will have new parental controls.

Time to throw that "family content" only rule in the trash where it belongs.

You want to compete with HBOMax/Discovery/Warner whatever, this is what it's going to take. Netflix doesn't have content restrictions. Amazon Prime doesn't have content restrictions. Disney+ shouldn't either just because it's Disney.

GREEN =w= DAY likes this.
  8. Albright Eeh…

still no word on a Werwolf by Night project during the shareholder meeting…doubt it‘ll be 2022

9. Venom 1988 formerly Ultimate_Venom

They already started filming it and it's only planned for a 2-3 week shoot. They're not gonna have a 1 hour TV special sit on the shelf for a year and a half. Plus its already being reported (by the same scooper who first reported Werewolf by Night before the trades) that Marvel is planning on doing another Halloween special for next year, focusing on Man-Thing.

My guess is Disney is pulling a Netflix here and basically they're going to wait about month before it's supposed to release to official announce it. They'll drop a trailer and say "oh btw its coming out next month."
    That or it has some ties to Moon Knight and they want to wait till that finishes first.

Spider-Fan likes this.
  10. Albright Eeh…

I think the ties with Moon Knight could be the reason. They won’t spoil his existence in the MCU yet

11. GREEN =w= DAY Registered

12. TheVileOne Registered

13. Albright Eeh…

Exactly, if he sucks in directing, than he hasn’t done much harm

TheVileOne likes this.
  14. Venom 1988 formerly Ultimate_Venom

He's directed a couple of things before before. He did an Star Trek short for CBS and a TV film.

15. Dr. Evil Registered

There's not really a show in the Disney+ MCU that I hate. In fact I like all of them, but I like some more than others. As I have said before, I like Loki the best because of the fact that while it's still in the MCU, it's self contained within it and all of the appearances from other heroes were done in a unique and creative way without shoehorning them in (ie the TVA having archival footage of the rest of the MCU up to that point and Loki watching the Revengers fight in Thor: Ragnarok and his eventual death in Avengers: Infinity War). I hope season two remains as self contained as Season One. Also, I like that we don't have to answer the question "what happens to many of these characters" next in Loki as many of them are pretty much variants of Loki, so if they show up again, cool. If not, I am fine with it.

I liked Hawkeye, and I wasn't as upset as a lot of people were at how Wilson Fisk was portrayed. While I felt the finales of WandaVision and Falcon and the Winter Soldier were rushed, I gave both of those finales a pass as the shooting of both shows were shut down in the middle of shooting due to the Pandemic, which forced re-writes.

TheVileOne likes this.
  16. DarkKnight88 Registered

It’s 50/50 at this point for me. Hawkeye was awful and Falcon and the Winter Soldier was bad. But WandaVision and Loki were both great! Can’t say I’m excited much for their upcoming TV slate other than Moon Knight and possibly She-Hulk. It’s definitely a take each one as it goes kind of thing. Where the movies felt essential, the shows might be skippable depending which ones.

Batgirl0202 and TheVileOne like this.
  17. TheVileOne Registered

I liked Loki and WandaVIsion a lot. I think Falcon and Winter Soldier started strong but just kind of petered out mid-way through.

Hawkeye was a mixed bag to me. I liked Kate Bishop and her origin story, but Wilson Fisk material was badly handled, too many subplots, too many characters in only six episodes. Show got muddled as a result.

None of the miniseries have been terrible to me, but none of them have really had that sort of must-watch wow factor yet. Moon Knight is the most excited I've been about anything Marvel Studios since Endgame.

Albright likes this.
  18. Dr. Evil Registered

I wonder what the reaction to She Hulk is going to be on this forum since people have said straight up that it's a comedy. Adding Ginger Gonzaga to the cast is interesting because she has a background with Second City and Upright Citizens Brigade so her character could be an original character but also someone from an Improv troupe, which could be interesting.

19. Albright Eeh…

can’t wait for She Hulk and the new characterit‘ll introduce

20. Morg Grumpy mod

I thought USA gets DD, Punisher and the others on the 16?

21. Venom 1988 formerly Ultimate_Venom

We did

22. Morg Grumpy mod

Weird, got nothing on my D+ :(

23. Snow Queen 4AF (she/her)

Go into the account settings and double check the age rating you permit on your account. Mine was automatically set to 14A and I had to put it up to TV-MA to see it.

Morg likes this.
  24. Dr. Evil Registered

Did you change your D+ settings from TV 14?

Morg likes this.