Marvel TV Series Marvel On Disney Streaming Service (aka Disney +)

babykhris

Civilian
Reaction score
Here's a place to talk about Marvel content on the upcoming Disney Streaming Service. What do you think will be on it. My theory is the following stuff will be included:

Marvel Studios titles : Iron Man 1 to Avengers 4
Agents of SHIELD
The Runaways
Cloak & Dagger
Disney XD Marvel series

What new things do you think will be added?

I wonder once it gets up and running if we'll start hearing about new series like Blade and Ghost Rider. I'd imagine some tv plans were being out on hold once they knew they were ready to start a streaming service.

I'd also like to see a back catalogue of the various Marvel rooms they've had over the decades and maybe some new ones like X-men or Fantastic Four. It would be great to see them do more animated movies like DC does.

I might finally cancel my netflix. Only thing I keep it for now are comedy specials and Marvel shows.

Hopefully they follow DC and bring back good cartoons like Avengers EMH. And since Disney has FOX now a new X-men show. They need content and they have so many shows and cartoons to start producing.

I wonder once it gets up and running if we'll start hearing about new series like Blade and Ghost Rider. I'd imagine some tv plans were being out on hold once they knew they were ready to start a streaming service.

I'd also like to see a back catalogue of the various Marvel rooms they've had over the decades and maybe some new ones like X-men or Fantastic Four. It would be great to see them do more animated movies like DC does.

The major issue I think with so many of Marvel's old deal Disney doesn't own a lot of the Marvel catalogue. I hope Disney buys The Incredible Hulk TV series from Universal. Heck they don't even own their old DTV animated films Lionsgate does.

Now for new things I'd like to see is an X-Men Academy TV show, New Warriors and maybe a Moon Knight series.

Last edited:
Is it strictly in films that Marvel cannot have a standalone Hulk without Universal's permission? I'd like to see them bring back the Incredible Hulk as a TV series as well

Damage Control would also be a series I'd like to see. I know there was a pilot written a while back.

I might finally cancel my netflix. Only thing I keep it for now are comedy specials and Marvel shows.

Hopefully they follow DC and bring back good cartoons like Avengers EMH. And since Disney has FOX now a new X-men show. They need content and they have so many shows and cartoons to start producing.

The problem is they just closed down Marvel Animation. I hope that they revive it after the merger goes through.

This is just wishful thinking but I always thought it would be neat to have an anthology type show. I'd keep the episode count low like how Black Mirror's later seasons have only 6 episodes. My hope is with a low episode count, you can have roughly 60 minute episodes with higher budgets so it would come across more as short films (one that I'd hope the MCU movies proper could acknowledge). With a show like this you can spotlight characters that may not get a chance to be featured in a movie/show of their own as well as taking the opportunity to focus on previously established MCU characters (i.e. Hollowing Commandos, Agent Carter, young Hank Pym, Nick Fury etc...).

And as a homage to the Marvel Comics Presents comic from the late 80s I'd call it Marvel Studios Presents. Again wishful thinking :hyper:

Last edited:
- Generation X show

- Warlocks tv show

- Power Pack show (although this could be a movie too)

- Captain Marvel
- New Marvel series
- Marvel Rising?

To make the Disney-branded service as robust as possible, Disney will allow a lucrative licensing deal with Netflix to expire. Starting with “Captain Marvel” in March, all of the films that Walt Disney Studios releases in theaters will subsequently flow to the Disney streaming platform instead of to Netflix. (There are “no current plans” to move Marvel-themed television shows off Netflix, a Disney spokeswoman said.) Disney has also tried to buy back rights to old “Star Wars” films from Turner Broadcasting, Bloomberg reported last week.

Most series will cost $25 million to $35 million. Already in the works are episodic spinoffs of Disney franchises like “High School Musical” and “Monsters Inc.” The Muppets will probably be getting a new series. There will be Marvel-themed shows. And Disney recently announced that a new season of the animated series “Star Wars: The Clone Wars” would head to the service.

Full article: https://www.nytimes.com/2018/08/05/business/media/disney-streaming-service-ricky-strauss.html

Hope we get new cartoons on Disneyflix.

It’d be great if they upload 90s X-Men, Spider-Man, F4 and Incredible Hulk cartoons on it too.

I’m still waiting for that moon knight series. If they can do Star Trek then surely moon knight wouldn’t be too hard. In fact, production values of Star Trek, mental issues like bojack, action like daredevil. There’s your million dollar idea

A Moon Knight series done right could rival Daredevil. It would have one of the most interesting and complex protagonists in a superhero show/movie ever. There's so much potential there.
MarvelTelltale-Shot-01.jpg

Moon-Knight-14-page-18.jpg

moon-knight-terrible.jpg

I'd really like a Moon Knight series on their streaming service as opposed to Netflix, even though I generally really enjoy the Netflix shows.

Disney streaming won't have R-rated/mature content from everything I am reading. If they do Moon Knight or Blade as shows, I think those would be on Hulu. Should the Netflix deal ever expire, all those shows likely end up on Hulu as well. I think that New Warriors show from a while back will be on Disney streaming.

Disney’s streaming service is something I have little interest in. For me it almost seems almost a futile attempt by Disney to try and beat Netflix at their own game which I don’t know if even the mighty Disney with all their immeasurable IP that they own can catch up to Netflix with their oceans of content.

I’ve seen people throw around the possibility of Disneyflix possibly being where new animated shows for X-Men can premiere and I just don’t see it. First of all, I’m not even sure I can be execited about that given Disney’s abysmal track record when it comes to animation. I’m not sure if Disney can even make a FF cartoon that stands on equal ground to the improved second season of 90’s cartoon. I also don’t see Disney bringing cancelled shows like EMH’s for their streaming service like they did with Clone Wars(which was merely only convenient for them since those episodes had already been started upon before the show was cancelled).

Last edited:
Disney’s streaming service is something I have little interest in. For me it almost seems almost a futile attempt by Disney to try and beat Netflix at their own game which I don’t know if even the mighty Disney with all their immeasurable IP that they own can catch up to Netflix with their oceans of content.

Well isn't that what they're trying not to do? Iger specifically said in that conference call last week that they aren't trying compete with Netflix by having tons and tons of content. And that the price (whatever that may be) would reflect that.

Iger stressed that starting out Disney doesn’t have to have the same volume of content that Netflix has starting out since he even stated that it will take some time to match that library that Netflix has. From my view I can’t see Disney matching Netflix as far as the number of content they have partially since they won’t have the same variety of content that Netflix. So far all indications point to Disney only more family friendly Stuff on their streaming service and anything that falls outside that like the R-rated stuff isn’t going to play there. Netflix has welcomed all sorts of stories regardless of the content they have and likely won’t have trouble greenlighting shows that push the envelope like Disneyfix would. A lot of filmmakers are seeing Netflix as an alternative to studio system which often isn’t easy to convince to greenlight a film that doesn’t play to a Four quadrant audience. Disneyflix won’t have that. Can Disneyflix greenlight something as good as Stranger Things even if that show doesn’t wouldn’t fit well with Disney’s “family-friendly” image. I don’t think so.

Last edited:
^ Hulu?

Disney may offer a discounted bundle of Hulu, ESPN+ and its new streaming service

The company will own 60 percent of Hulu when its $71.3 billion deal to acquire 21st Century Fox closes. It already owns ESPN, which now offers a streaming service called ESPN+, and is launching its own Disney-branded streaming service in 2019 that will feature Pixar, Marvel, Disney, Lucasfilm (Star Wars) and, eventually, it now says, National Geographic content.

“If a consumer wants all three, ultimately, we see an opportunity to package them from a pricing perspective,” Iger continued. “But it could be that a consumer just wants sports or just wants family or just wants the Hulu offering, and we want to be able to offer that kind of flexibility to consumers…” he said.

https://techcrunch.com/2018/08/08/d...e-of-hulu-espn-and-its-new-streaming-service/

First and foremost I want a Moon Knight series and, second, bring back Earth's Mightiest Heroes FFS!

I'd add Disney Streaming service to watch Clone Wars but I'd alternate cancelling my streaming services depending when shows drop especially if they switch over the Marvel Netflix series, but in terms of movies right now I have every Star Wars, Disney, Marvel, Pixar movie I want.

First and foremost I want a Moon Knight series and, second, bring back Earth's Mightiest Heroes FFS!

The only way EMH could come back is if Disney fires Jeph Loeb. He killed it in favor of that dumbed-down Man of Action trash XD replaced it with. Loeb wanted an Avengers cartoon that the 2-to-5-year-old crowd could easily follow, and that's exactly what he delivered. :cmad:

By making Disney Streaming Service extremely family friendly, which would exclude tons of classic Fox IP that they'll get in the deal like Aliens and POTA, they're really undermining themselves and limit their potential. Why won't they offer the subscribing customers a choice between limited or full access of the Disney & Fox library? I bet that would be almost good enough to narrow the gap between Disney and Netflix.

I could see them offering different versions of their streaming service before limiting their library. Why would they limit themselves?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"