Marvel One-Shots

Discussion in 'Marvel Films' started by R_Hythlodeus, Aug 8, 2013.

1. R_Hythlodeus

R_Hythlodeus Nerd Supreme

I used the forum search but found no thread dedicated to this specific topic so I decided to just go ahead and create a brand new one. However, if there IS a thread out there, that I couldn't find, please feel free to ignore this one or merge it or just do as you feel.

So, what exactly is this about? It's about the Marvel One-Shots, the shortfilms, included on the MCU blurays. Some of them, like The Consultant have deep implications on the broader MCU and explain certain plot points that were dropped as plans for the metaplot changed, trying to retie them into the narrative. some of them are just fun.

This is the place to discuss them or talk about what you want to see in future shortfilms, which characters you prefer to appear in them.

Have fun.

post scriptum: I'll try to keep that following list updated over the next few years

The Consultant (Thor BR)
    A Funny Thing Happend On The Way To Thor's Hammer (CA:TFA BR)
    Item 47 (TA BR)
    Agent Carter (IM3 BR)
    All Hail The King (T:TDW BR)

Last edited: Feb 3, 2014
  2. T"Challa

T"Challa Well-Known Member

I would love to see a Hawkeye One Shot. He's the Avenger with the least exposure thus far and he would be budget-friendly. Gives an opportunity to delve into his character a little bit more. Shoot it next spring alongside Avengers 2 and release it with the Cap 2 or guardians Blu Ray

3. seahammer

seahammer Asgardian

Great idea for a thread, RH. I think about this idea more than I probably should...

I posted one idea on the Thor board, but I'll repost it here:
    If they were to do something this, they'd have to film it during T:TDW to save costs (and they'd have the actors/resources accessible, of course). It might not advance the "metaplot," but it would be a fun fill-in for the fans.

4. R_Hythlodeus

A 'Budapest' one-shot would be nice

Thank you

the W3 are good candidates for a shortfilm, depending on the story it might get a little costly, though

reposting the D'Esposito interview article from last month:

Last edited: Aug 8, 2013
  5. Hyde

Hyde Ooga-Chaka

I know it probably wouldn't happen because they're main characters, but after GOTG I really want to see a Rocket Raccoon and Groot buddy-cop one-shot.

6. seahammer

seahammer Asgardian

That would be really cool. It could be like the feature that ran in the back of the "Annihilators" series.

However, I think (just like the Warriors Three short I mentioned above) it would probably be too expensive. I'd get on-board for it 100%, though!

7. Hypestyle

Hypestyle Well-Known Member

Get LL Cool J to play Lieutenant Marcus Stone of Code: Blue, the NYPD S.W.A.T. team for super-crime.

8. seahammer

seahammer Asgardian

So I was thinking again about the interview with D'Esposito that RH posted above, particularly the obstacles he mentioned:

and
    And it made me think about another option: villains. Expand the number of villains in the MCU via the one-shots.

It can be a villain that never even features in a film, someone who is nobody's nemesis. Off the top of my head, someone like Grey Gargoyle (for example). A ten minute short about a scientist who invents a serum that puts people in suspended animation for an hour and uses it to rob a bank. Pretty simple and inexpensive, and if people respond to it Marvel can use him in an Agents of SHIELD episode or something.

Another way to take this would be to expand on villains who already exist in the MCU, because MCU fans are not necessarily the same as comic fans. In this vein, i'm thinking specifically of Tim Blake Nelson as Samuel Sterns/The Leader. I'd love to take 10-15 minutes to see what he's been up to since TIH, and I can't be the only one!

9. R_Hythlodeus

The Leader is definatly the last loose end from Phase I and it looks unlikely that we get another Hulk movie in the next couple of years. To revisit that character would be appreciated.

10. R_Hythlodeus

A new interview with D'Esposito over at ScreenCrush (that I somehow can't access, so I had to settle with the article the unspeakable site came up with):

11. seahammer

seahammer Asgardian

Glad they didn't go with the citrus-in-the-eye gag (it seems that the one-shots were more comedic at one point), but all of the other ideas sound good: Asgardian adventure, young versions of some characters, and a trip to Wakanda. I wonder which, if any, of these are still possibilities for the future.

12. lozzy.94

lozzy.94 Im no Side-Kick

Actually in the comic book tie-in "Furys Big Week" it showed that The Leader is now in SHIELD custody in suspended animation.

13. AVEITWITHJAMON

AVEITWITHJAMON Cloud kicks ass

Agent Carter was the best one-shot yet, very well done and the story fit in with the MCU perfectly. It looks like they have some interesting ideas for the future, and as someone else said, I wouldnt mind The Leader getting one.

Abom getting more mentions wouldnt go amiss either, but it seems TIH is the least favourite son of all the movies so far.

14. Hyde

Hyde Ooga-Chaka

Michael Emerson for the Leader :up:

Are those canon?

15. metaphysician

metaphysician Not a Side-Kick

My guess is "no", at least in any sense of "will they bind the movies."

16. Lord

Lord All Mighty

I would like to see them show a one-shot before the films, a la Pixar

17. Hyde

Hyde Ooga-Chaka

Yeah, agreed - don't want the filmmakers to have to be bound by something a three-year old tie-in comic said. Plus I don't want to see Leader in SHIELD custody just yet

18. Lord

Lord All Mighty

The Leader being in SHIELD custody or not still seems like a loose thread, i mean, guy transforms into a giant brain and gets captured, what happens from there? What kind of threat will he present?

While i wouldn't mind seeing a one-shot about that i think he would better fit in the SHIELD tv show. Or a 2nd hulk movie, whenever it is made.

19. venom892

venom892 Coming Home

I think a young Nick Fury teaming up with Duggan One shot is a great idea and very plausible. I wouldn't be surprised to see it happen soon.

20. Green Goblin

Hawkeye and Black Widow - What happened in Budapest?

21. fixxxer

fixxxer ...goes to 11

Fury &
    DumDum &
    Morita &
    Falsworth &
    Dernier &
    Peggy.

22. Dr. Evil

Dr. Evil Well-Known Member

Will they announce the next one shot the week of Thor: TDW's release?

23. Dr. Evil

Dr. Evil Well-Known Member

24. R_Hythlodeus

25. Lord

Lord All Mighty

Wasn't that just some generic "past spy mission in an exotic location", it's kind of an old cliché in spy stories, i'm sincerelly not very interested in that story.