Agent Carter Marvel Readying 'Agent Carter' Series!

If the MCU Nick Fury indeed has the Infinity Formula to keep him young, then I can see them perhaps introducing Fury during the early days of SHIELD. And SHIELD doesn't need to limit themselves to just superheroes and supervillains, but anything that may threat global safety. Aside from the remnants of HYDRA and Zodiac, they can have other shadowy organizations for Peggy to battles against. The problem is that they have to find a love interest for Peggy eventually, so she won't seemed like she's widowed after Steve Rogers' apparent demise. I'm sure they can find a solution to that however.

This idea would be a waste of time IMO. Marvel has so many other characters with so much more potential than Agent Carter that deserve a TV show. Marvel doesn't have the time to make unlimited TV shows, and I think a Daredevil or Runaways TV show would be so much more interesting than this.
They have all the time in the world. :/

And while I've said myself that I would prefer to them to make actual superhero shows, this would definitely not be "pointless". It's a good vehicle to explore what happened back between The First Avenger and Iron Man in the MCU. It would serve a pretty big purpose really. And with the things that will come to light in the Winter Soldier and some of the secrets of the MCU being explored that are routed back to that time, it makes sense to go back and explore what really happened back then in the aftermath of Cap 2 and probably the season finale of AOS.

Lol Marvel needs to get it together in the television department. I'm a massive comic book fan both of DC and Marvel, and STILL Agents of Shield looks like ****, the comedy on it that I've seen is cringeworthy..

Now Agent Carter is going to be a series?! wtf Marvel, how about you pick a character for tv that people actually care about?

First Agents of Shield, now this? What's next? A series based on that hot blonde civilian chick from The Avengers?

Peggy Carter is a popular character. Her One Shot is the most popular one to date

Plus, more of Ms. Atwell, the better.

Also Agents of Shield is more of a "let's see how it does before we take risks" because it's going up against the ratings juggernaut of NCIS.

Lol Marvel needs to get it together in the television department. I'm a massive comic book fan both of DC and Marvel, and STILL Agents of Shield looks like ****, the comedy on it that I've seen is cringeworthy..

Now Agent Carter is going to be a series?! wtf Marvel, how about you pick a character for tv that people actually care about?

First Agents of Shield, now this? What's next? A series based on that hot blonde civilian chick from The Avengers?

with all due respect, this post is idiotic

"it's going up against the ratings juggernaut of NCIS."

I don't think those two shows are competing for the same demo. So I think the audience is there for it to do well in the same time slot. There will be some crossover, but not too much. I'm not concerned either way, it's pretty much booked to be the new breakout hit if the show is any good. And I won't doubt the creative pedigree at this point. As long as it connects with it's targeted demo it doesn't need to match NCIS' total viewership.

Last edited:
Eh.....can't say I'm super psyched at the concept.Peggy's life after Steve...it doesn't really sound all that captivating.

I wasn't really stoked to hear about the SHIELD show at first,but at least it has my man Coulson.(and hopefully Maria Hill! :awesome:)

I'm not sure if you're serious or if that is elaborate trolling

Peggy Carter is a popular character. Her One Shot is the most popular one to date
that's not saying much. there are only four one shots and the newest one was always the most popular

They have all the time in the world. :/

And while I've said myself that I would prefer to them to make actual superhero shows, this would definitely not be "pointless". It's a good vehicle to explore what happened back between The First Avenger and Iron Man in the MCU. It would serve a pretty big purpose really. And with the things that will come to light in the Winter Soldier and some of the secrets of the MCU being explored that are routed back to that time, it makes sense to go back and explore what really happened back then in the aftermath of Cap 2 and probably the season finale of AOS.

Not really. With at least two films every year and already one TV show, how much room does Marvel has for other shows at the moment?

I guess "pointless" isn't the right word. However, I think a Daredevil or Runaways show would be more interesting and would have more story potential than an Agent Carter show. Those shows could expand the Marvel universe as much as Agent Carter would, maybe even more.

You mean the waitress played by Ashley Johnson? I'd love a series based on her simply because it's Ashley Johnson. ;)

You mean the waitress played by Ashley Johnson? I'd love a series based on her simply because it's Ashley Johnson. ;)

They could always have a sitcom based on her character. It would technically inhabit the same universe but could just be set in that diner. Most people might not even know it's an MCU-related show. It could be like how Mork and Mindy was set in the same universe as Happy Days, but clearly Happy Days wasn't a sci-fi/ fantasy show.

It wouldn't take up valuable Marvel space, because it could just be ABC doing their own thing most of the time, but just that there is this implicit crossover nod to the MCU even if they don't exercise it. With it set in a diner, it could be the modern equivalent of that late 70s/early 80s show "Alice".

I do think Marvel should consider a sitcom in order to expand their repertoire and broaden their genres. A civilian sitcom could work.

Yes, because a British soldier turned leader of the most elite spy agency in the world, set to the backdrop of the Cold War, is TOTALLY the same as a waitress in NYC.

Well if Darcy Lewis guest starred, she could also become a waitress, and she and the blonde one from the Avengers could try to start up a cupcake business.

Not really. With at least two films every year and already one TV show, how much room does Marvel has for other shows at the moment?
A ****ing bunch. You don't quantify "time" like that. There is no "time" on when they have to make new properties, and you don't use timeslots as some kind of measure of it; they make them. They have the entire Disney television empire working for them, if they want a show made and a timeslot allocated to it they will get it. And their movie schedule has nothing to do with TV so I don't even see what you're getting at there.

I guess "pointless" isn't the right word. However, I think a Daredevil or Runaways show would be more interesting and would have more story potential than an Agent Carter show. Those shows could expand the Marvel universe as much as Agent Carter would, maybe even more.
That's what you think. I would like that more as well. But in reality it all depends on how the showrunners handle it and if they can come up with interesting stories. A period peice set around a female spy in the mid-late 20th century set in the Marvel universe can definitely work and is a compelling concept, as the Agent Carter One-Shot proved first hand. And given all the Golden and Silver Age Timely and Marvel Comics stuff they can introduce through that type of show, it has high value for us comic book fans who are familiar with that time.

A Daredevil show I doubt would expand on the Marvel Universe as much as an Agent Carter show would. It would be a good way to introduce his world, and bring in some street level antihero characters like Moon Knight and Punisher, and that side of the Marvel U, but Agent Carter would do much more to expand on the history of the MCU as its connected to the beginnings of SHIELD.

I see Runaways as a type of project for Disney in the same vein as the planned "Big Hero 6" animated movie in that it will be based off the comics, but not a part of the MCU.

I honestly do not see how that group fits into the MCU, which was probably why the planned film was scrapped.

LOL I would watch that.:woot:

This idea would be a waste of time IMO. Marvel has so many other characters with so much more potential than Agent Carter that deserve a TV show. Marvel doesn't have the time to make unlimited TV shows, and I think a Daredevil or Runaways TV show would be so much more interesting than this.

I agree. And I don't even find Agent Carter interesting.

I could see how a Daredevil TV show fits into the MCU (introduce him as Matt Murdock in another part of MCU) but I don't know how a live action Runaways show fits into MCU unless the Runaways become relatives of current MCU characters.

I would like to see a Heroes for Hire TV show with Misty Knight, Luke Cage, Iron Fist and Colleen Wing.

I could see how a Daredevil TV show fits into the MCU (introduce him as Matt Murdock in another part of MCU) but I don't know how a live action Runaways show fits into MCU unless the Runaways become relatives of current MCU characters.

I would like to see a Heroes for Hire TV show with Misty Knight, Luke Cage, Iron Fist and Colleen Wing.

Heroes for Hire was made for TV.

Heroes for Hire was made for TV.

Exactly. And unlike the Runaways, they would have a connection with the MCU, although it would be a very loose connection unless some of them start popping up in Agents of Shield.

If not the loose connection would be Misty Knight's Bionic arm made of Vibranium.

When this was first reported on last week I was really skeptical but the more I think about it the more it makes sense to me. It's kind of perfect really and checks off a lot of boxes for a lot of people.

1. A female lead TV show that puts another notch in Marvel's belt for diversity and fits with the type of shows that work for ABC
2. A way to explore all facets of that time period in the MCU, bring in all types of Timely and Atlas Comics characters from the Golden Age that people have no idea about and can discover for the first time, and don't have to worry at all about stepping on the toes of the movie, and explore the early years of Nick Fury, the Howling Commandoes, Howard Stark, Stark Industries, a pop in of the Winter Soldier every once in awhile....so many possibilities.
3. Shows again that Marvel can take C and D level characters, cultivate them, and turn them into a working franchise out of nothing.
4. If the show is a success, God willing, it could have a standard 7-10 year run and end with like, Nick Fury taking over SHIELD from Peggy a couple years prior to Incredible Hulk/Iron Man.
5. Perfect spin-off type show of Agents of SHIELD if it turns out to be a success.

So many levels it works on. My only concern and hope is that they cap the "spy" shows there, and start developing some real superhero shows like Daredevil or Cloak and Dagger (preferably Daredevil). TV is the perfect place to expand on the street-level Marvel heroes, not just SHIELD. And the great thing is, if they have 3-4 shows all going on at the same time at some point, there is great potential for cross-reference and crossovers. Like, a plot line that started in Agent Carter can be picked up and referenced to in Agents of SHIELD, and SHIELD agents that we see in AOS can make their way over to the Daredevil show every once in awhile. It's perfect synergy.

Yes, a 7-10 year run is standard for a very successful basic cable TV show. As I said, God willing. I didn't say it would be a sure fire success. At least Marvel are trying ballsy things with even their smallest characters, more than you can say for Fox's X-Men.

A 7-10 run for such a type of show would be a dream come true. These days sci-fi and fantasy shows get cancelled left and right. Although LOST thrived and it seems Once Upon A Time is too so I hope the success of AOS will cause a Agent Carter series to be made. I'd be okay with five seasons...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"