Homecoming Marvel & Sony's Spider-Man (2017) General Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 61

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am curious as heck. To see how the Hughes inspiration will turn out. While also see how hs angle plays out and what the release windows end up being.

But right now the two main things I want is the official title of the film (along its shooting title). And then of course the costume.

I don't want a 4th wall type narration. I rather it be a internal voice over like the past toon done and have that inner talk which be our thought bubbles.

If they're really going John Hughes with this, then I don't really see an Ultimate MJ. Hughes often featured the unattainable hot girl with geeks unable to get them, hence why you'd get a situation with trying to build a dream girl in Weird Science.

So classic 616 MJ would actually fit in more with a Hughes comedy as they often have these different types. Gwen already represents the down to earth girl next door so you can't have MJ as that as well. She needs to be the girl out of Peter's league who learns to become more than just a party girl.

I could see Spidey 2017 being a cross between Ferris Bueller's Day Off and the Breakfast Club. Peter will be forced to have to take a day off school in order to save New York and might have a teacher hounding him. He could then end up in detention or might even already be in detention when he has to skip school, landing him in even further trouble.

Would be great if they have Phil Coulson show up. He could tell Spidey "don't touch Lola" but Spidey ignores him and Lola falls off a glass garage and crashes.

If they're really going John Hughes with this, then I don't really see an Ultimate MJ. Hughes often featured the unattainable hot girl with geeks unable to get them, hence why you'd get a situation with trying to build a dream girl in Weird Science.

So classic 616 MJ would actually fit in more with a Hughes comedy as they often have these different types. Gwen already represents the down to earth girl next door so you can't have MJ as that as well. She needs to be the girl out of Peter's league who learns to become more than just a party girl.

True, but I still think MJ's set-up will be more akin to Ultimate MJ, at least in starting off as Peter's best friend. They might fuse elements of both Ultimate and 616 MJ in there and have her being 'unattainable' and more outgoing than Peter is and then have her and Peter's relationship turn from platonic to romantic over the course of the series.

Besides, I don't think we'll see Gwen in this series. Or at least, not in the first film. It'd be too soon after the TASM films.

I like narration be like the first scene in raimi spiderman 1. Any one have link to that full scene handy please.

Ya as nice as USM mj was. I really like to do the hot party girl. Who then mellows out and we see her develop and her bad padt. And how she becomes friends with the midtown crew.

I would do flash with liz and Kenny with sally at the start. And have peter, harry and gwen be there click. And go like tssm did. Gwen likes peter. He doesn't see it. He has crush on Liz or sally that goes no where. But over time they all become better friends. Mj comes in and ruins gwen chances with peter. And we then play out the potential love triangle with them. And while this going on harry falls for liz and we see that romance grow.

Last edited:
I could see Spidey 2017 being a cross between Ferris Bueller's Day Off and the Breakfast Club. Peter will be forced to have to take a day off school in order to save New York and might have a teacher hounding him. He could then end up in detention or might even already be in detention when he has to skip school, landing him in even further trouble.

Would be great if they have Phil Coulson show up. He could tell Spidey "don't touch Lola" but Spidey ignores him and Lola falls off a glass garage and crashes.

I wouldn't surprised at all if this ends up happening as the general plot of the film.

Heck, it wouldn't even surprise me to see Coulson in the movie too, since he and Peter have no prior connection and it wouldn't get in the way of Whedon's old excuse to not have Coulson in the Phase 2 films.

I wonder if Back To The Future copied some of John Hughes's style now that I come to think of it. There are certain elements that are somewhat similar, except it has more action, which might give us an idea of how Marvel's Spider-Man could be.

True, but I still think MJ's set-up will be more akin to Ultimate MJ, at least in starting off as Peter's best friend. They might fuse elements of both Ultimate and 616 MJ in there and have her being 'unattainable' and more outgoing than Peter is and then have her and Peter's relationship turn from platonic to romantic over the course of the series.

Besides, I don't think we'll see Gwen in this series. Or at least, not in the first film. It'd be too soon after the TASM films.
I don't think it's too soon for Gwen, what happened in TASM films should have absolutely no bearing on the new series.

That being said, I think it would cool to introduce Gwen in the second film, but I wouldn't mind if she was introduced in the first film.

I have no doubt in my mind that we'll see Gwen in this series. I bet she'll even show up in the 1st film.

God all the 80s film talk I just love thst period from the action, to comedies to even the cheesy stupid stuff some of my fav films from that era growing up in late 80s and into the 90s in childhood.

Totally just cause she was used in last series no reason gwen won't be here. Same with harry and norman we have to see them all. They are all key characters. And Kevin did say they want to play off more on the supporting guys.

I don't think it's too soon for Gwen, what happened in TASM films should have absolutely no bearing on the new series.

That being said, I think it would cool to introduce Gwen in the second film, but I wouldn't mind if she was introduced in the first film.

I think if we get her, it'll be in the second film. If she's in the first, I think they'll be sure to portray her differently than how she was in TASM (more akin to Ultimate Gwen).

Yeah, I get really jazzed up every time I'm hearing about this having a big John Hughes influence to it. It's unexpected but is something that would work really work well for Spider-Man's world, it's good they're going at it with a solid vision that has some pizzazz. I think one of the problems with the Amazing franchise was that it was too heavy for its own good, Spidey doesn't need all that doom and gloom.

I don't think I've posted anything over here since Tom was cast... I think he'll do a swell job!

I wonder if Back To The Future copied some of John Hughes's style now that I come to think of it. There are certain elements that are somewhat similar, except it has more action, which might give us an idea of how Marvel's Spider-Man could be.

Connors would totally be Doc. Well, either him or Tony, since this is going to be part of the MCU.

I rather do tssm gwen then punk gwen. I never liked that take in reading usm.

I judt thought of something funny. With all those parody vids out there. We need someone to do a Mashup of John Hughes with spidry. So we can see a funny potential take on things.

Including both Gwen and MJ in the first solo movie doesn't automatically mean that Gwen has to be based, personality-wise, on her Ultimate Universe incarnation (although I think it'd be awesome if such were to be the case).

I don't know which Hughes film will have the biggest influence but I can see it possibly being Ferris Bueller. It just fits as a template for Spidey. Might be some nods to the Breakfast Club and Sixteen Candles too but Ferris Bueller seems more like the overall template.

Oh yeah . Alot of films around that time had that sort of feeling. Then again, it was a more optimistic time, and alot those films had great laughs but with alot of heart as well.

I'd say films like Back to Future, Karate Kid, Teen Wolf, Breakfast Club, Ferris Buller, 16 Candles, Say Anything, Gremlins etc, all have the sort of coming of age themes and feel to them that go hand and hand with what a teen Spiderman film would be like.

Several of them are smaller scale and more personal stories set against the back drop of HS, trying to fit in, discovering the type of man you'll be, Falling in love etc.

Including both Gwen and MJ in the first solo movie doesn't automatically mean that Gwen has to be based, personality-wise, on her Ultimate Universe incarnation (although I think it'd be awesome if such were to be the case).
We already got a more 616-esque Gwen In TASM series.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hugoodeww
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"