Homecoming Marvel & Sony's Spider-Man (2017) General Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 61

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol, originally I thought we would be getting an Ultimate F4 adaption (which I personally loved), but the trailers, tone, ugly costumes, characterizations etc proved that not to be the case.

Fantastic Four has the potential to easily become the next GOTG if adapted to it's full potential. After reading the 616's portrayal of Doom, I'm disappointed with this movie interpretation. And Doom has the potential to rival Darth Vader (yea, I went there), instead we're getting trashbag man (I thought it would be enhanced with CG) Such a waste.

Btw, Notsolong you might want to remove that image. It's from a leak.

When I finally read the original FF comics (which I admittedly judged prematurely), I knew the F4 needed to be in the MCU (Fant4Stic meh, nothing like the classic FF).

One day.. one day:
mike-wieringo-fantastic-four-no-513-cover-thing-spider-man-and-johnny-storm_i-G-51-5127-JZJEG00Z.jpg

Yes! never stop believing the Four will return :yay: also FOX messed up they may have dodged Star Wars in 2017, but it seems they may have to go up against Toy Story 4 in 2017 when FF2 comes out, they got cornered by Disney. Also don't forget The Incredibles 2 the first one blew the first F4 movie out of the water, Disney knows this might be one of the reasons why there making part 2.

Lol, originally I thought we would be getting an Ultimate F4 adaption (which I personally loved), but the trailers, tone, ugly costumes, characterizations etc proved that not to be the case.

Fantastic Four has the potential to easily become the next GOTG if adapted to it's full potential. After reading the 616's portrayal of Doom, I'm disappointed with this movie interpretation. And Doom has the potential to rival Darth Vader (yea, I went there), instead we're getting trashbag man (I thought it would be enhanced with CG) Such a waste.

Btw, Notsolong you might want to remove that image. It's from a leak.

Doom's been revealed already so does it matter?

Back to Spider-Man talk. Do you guys want to see Venom introduced in the sequel?

I have a pitch for the Spider-Man movies.

Spider-Man 1:
Villains: Either Vulture or Kraven.
  • Don't make it CGI heavy.
  • No romance.
  • Make Gwen an Ex of Peter.
  • Introduce Flash as a bully.
  • Introduce Harry and Norman. No Goblin stuff.
  • Peter and his friends graduate high school at the end of the movie. Flash goes on to serve in the army.
  • Introduce MJ in the end credits.

Avengers 3:
Give Peter a mission to infiltrate the enemy ship. On board the ship, he finds some kind of alien, comes out with a black suit.

Spider-Man 2:
Villain: Venom
  • Introduce Eddie Brock.
  • Have Peter try to court MJ and failing hilariously many times.
  • Peter is working freelance as a photographer.
  • Have him get rid of the symbiote in act II and transfer to Brock.
  • In the end, Brock is defeated and arrested, Symbiote goes to the government.
  • In the after credits, Flash is recruited to become Agent Venom.
  • Spin him off in the Agent Venom movie.

At some point in the future yes but we don't need to jump right to symbiote so soon.

I honestly don't see them introducing the symbiote until after the third solo film (which means no using Infinity War to bring it into play) given what Feige's most recently said concerning the tone and approach of the story as far as Peter being a teenager is concerned.

Back to Spider-Man talk. Do you guys want to see Venom introduced in the sequel?

I have a pitch for the Spider-Man movies.

Spider-Man 1:
Villains: Either Vulture or Kraven.
  • Don't make it CGI heavy.
  • No romance.
  • Make Gwen an Ex of Peter.
  • Introduce Flash as a bully.
  • Introduce Harry and Norman. No Goblin stuff.
  • Peter and his friends graduate high school at the end of the movie. Flash goes on to serve in the army.
  • Introduce MJ in the end credits.

Avengers 3:
Give Peter a mission to infiltrate the enemy ship. On board the ship, he finds some kind of alien, comes out with a black suit.

Spider-Man 2:
Villain: Venom
  • Introduce Eddie Brock.
  • Have Peter try to court MJ and failing hilariously many times.
  • Peter is working freelance as a photographer.
  • Have him get rid of the symbiote in act II and transfer to Brock.
  • In the end, Brock is defeated and arrested, Symbiote goes to the government.
  • In the after credits, Flash is recruited to become Agent Venom.
  • Spin him off in the Agent Venom movie.
In all respect, I'm honestly not feeling your pitch and all of the Trades confirmed that we're getting a High-School trilogy (one of which: Deadline who was spot on about the Hughes stuff), so yeah

In all respect, I'm honestly not feeling your pitch and all of the Trades confirmed that we're getting a High-School trilogy (one of which: Deadline who was spot on about the Hughes stuff), so yeah

What he said.

Your pitch not only runs completely contrary to the approach that we know is being taken, as noted, but also doesn't really offer much in the way of characterization or narrative depth.

They can introduce the symbiote in Infinity Wars, it doesn't mean Peter has to get the symbiote suit immediatly after that.

Honestly, I don't think they're going to go the symbiote route this time. They'll probably do what ASM was gearing towards and do a more Ultimate Venom thing.
Just, ya know, hopefully without the dukee-canoe hat Ultimate Eddie.

What he said.

Your pitch not only runs completely contrary to the approach that we know is being taken, as noted, but also doesn't really offer much in the way of characterization or narrative depth.

High School trilogy? OK, fair enough.

As a huge Venom fan, I would love to him in MCU.

Honestly, I don't think they're going to go the symbiote route this time. They'll probably do what ASM was gearing towards and do a more Ultimate Venom thing.
Just, ya know, hopefully without the dukee-canoe hat Ultimate Eddie.

The ultimate symbiote is not as interesting imo... And considering Feige had alot to say about how spidey's villains are always personally attached to Peter somehow, I could see him wanting to go 616.

if there's J Jonah Jameson in movie i hope he will get character development like ultimate storyline during ultimatum admit he wrong about spider-man and that's scene will be one of best moment spider-man franshine ever.

Somebody who is pretty reputable that I follow on Twitter mentioned Marvel and Fox were talking about something. Who knows whether anything will come of that, though, and it could be anything.

Last edited:
That's interesting. Maybe they see the imminent failure of Fant4stic

Fantastic Four needs to come back to Marvel. If anything for their villains. Imagine Galactus, Silver Surfer, Kang, Doctor Doom, and Annihilus, all in the MCU...

There's certain X-Men characters I wouldn't mind seeing in the MCU, too. Magneto probably mainly, given the Scarlet Witch connection.

I don't think Apocalypse will be as successful as Days of Future Past was; it was an event movie, and had the original cast to attribute to its success.

When I finally read the original FF comics (which I admittedly judged prematurely), I knew the F4 needed to be in the MCU (Fant4Stic meh, nothing like the classic FF).

One day.. one day:
mike-wieringo-fantastic-four-no-513-cover-thing-spider-man-and-johnny-storm_i-G-51-5127-JZJEG00Z.jpg

Glad you came round.

Also, classic FF have so many interactions with Spider-Man. Trank's Reed is not much older than Peter, and Johnny is the same as a Reed (or looks even older with MBJ in the role). Johnny should be the same age as Peter so they can be buddies, and Reed should be a much older mentor to Peter, and more of a contemporary to Tony Stark.

Although we would never get this, even if the FF were in the MCU, it would've been great to see Spidey and the FF working together like this:

What_If%3F_Vol_1_1.jpg

This is, of course, an alternate take on Amazing Spider-Man #1 where Spidey tries to join the FF. In the original story, he doesn't. But in the "What If" version, he does, and they become the Fantastic Five.

And there's even an unmasking moment similar to Spidey's unmasking in Civil War (except not to the public but to the FF).

I would not want to see usm venom. It was a nice story. But since we got aliens and cosmic stuff already set up in mcu. It makes far more sense to do alien symbiote then man made thing.

^ I have said before that Infinity War is the best chance we'll ever get of recreating the true origin story of Black Suit Spider-Man in Secret Wars. But I'm not sure I want Spidey to have a black suit in the second movie or Venom in the second or third, so I'd probably pass on the idea. That being said, having Spider-Man wear the black suit in the second movie (and ultimately getting rid of it) isn't that far-fetched. He did wear a black suit for 50 issues (about 1/6 of his time as Spider-Man back then).

A friend in the shadows sent me this link. Marvel and fox pulling a marvel and sony? Sounds kinda bs what do y'all think?

https://facebook.com/petesbasement/posts/10153550543114218:0

Who is this person and why should we believe they have any credibility?

I'm fine with the X-Men remaining separate. I'd love a detente so they can cooperate (I'd like the ability to share more characters, particularly if one side isn't using them), but the X-universe is big enough that incorporating it into Marvel just means fewer movies. Now the Fantastic Four, I'd like back, but I think it's premature to be expecting that since they haven't even released their current film.

Last edited:
Now that Spidey is in the MCU, the biggest hole missing is the FF. (There's X-Men, too, but the current X-Men films are doing a good job) It's ironic, considering FF ushered in the Marvel Age of comics. Reading the current Secret Wars, Doctor Doom would be a perfect Big Bad for a Phase of the MCU. And it would be great to see the Spidey/Torch rivalry/friendship on the big screen.

I have a weird feeling that I'm going to absolutely love the new Fantastic Four movie... I can't explain why. They haven't shown anything and it's very intriguing.

^ I have said before that Infinity War is the best chance we'll ever get of recreating the true origin story of Black Suit Spider-Man in Secret Wars. But I'm not sure I want Spidey to have a black suit in the second movie or Venom in the second or third, so I'd probably pass on the idea. That being said, having Spider-Man wear the black suit in the second movie (and ultimately getting rid of it) isn't that far-fetched. He did wear a black suit for 50 issues (about 1/6 of his time as Spider-Man back then).

I agree. It would have worked better if this deal was made at the time the first Amazing Spider-Man was planned. That would mean Spidey getting the black suit for ASM4 and Venom in ASM5.

And to be clear, I mean the Feige & Marvel current plans for high school Peter, not using the Webbverse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"